Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 474 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +26 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
deshunfenty
fortheculture
  • James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

^^^ Tanya’s last album was released ten years ago, but it was a cover album to pay tribute to her dad. Her last album of new material was released in 2002.

Luke Combs has been heavily snubbed just in his genre category, would be a bit surprising to see him get into GF without a big smash.

Wow…if his radio history here does not say smash, I have no idea what the heck does, to me, this guy has done nothing but kick butt!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Combs#Singles

God bless you two and Luke and Tanya always!!!

Holly (a fan of Miss T since 1991 when I was nine years old)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Wow…if his radio history here does not say smash, I have no idea what the heck does, to me, this guy has done nothing but kick butt! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Combs#Singles God bless you two and Luke and Tanya always!!! Holly (a fan of Miss T since 1991 when I was nine years old)

He hasn’t had a strong crossover smash, Beautiful Crazy did nicely on the charts, as most of his singles did, but mainly fueled from country radio solely. The most shocking snub for him was BNA to me

Noah Sims
    Participant
    Topics:

I would also prefer no host, but its fine as long as Alicia keeps it snappy. I would like more time for performances and less random acts pushed together with no actual artistic synergy or real collaboration. I kind of side with Ariana in her fight with the producer from last year, we are here to see these artists perform their art as they choose to represent themselves, not to see them follow instructions from some old TV producers to boost ratings.

That is why I respect Ariana.

She said music “is about collaboration. it’s about feeling supported. it’s about art and honesty. not politics. not doing favors or playing games. it’s just a game y’all.. and i’m sorry but that’s not what music is to me.”

I’m not here for the Grammy’s TIRED politics. To me, the Grammys are just as rigged (in their own rite) as any other award show out there. And honestly, no artist should ever feel the need to have their artistry validated through means of winning a Grammy. Music is subjective. We understand that but people need to accept it. Stop acting surprised when your faves don’t win.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not here for the Grammy’s TIRED politics. To me, the Grammys are just as rigged (in their own rite) as any other award show out there. And honestly, no artist should ever feel the need to have their artistry validated through means of winning a Grammy. Music is subjective. We understand that but people need to accept it. Stop acting surprised when your faves don’t win.

Not true. The Grammy’s are not rigged like other awards shows. They’ve been transparent on how winners are determined. They are always chosen by the voters at large.

You can disagree with their producers but to say their awards are rigged is unsubstantiated.

MG
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t leave out Luke Combs for a SOTY nomination for Beautiful Crazy next to Gods Country. It’s the biggest country song of 2019. Bigger then GIRL.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Marlon G.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Marlon G.
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I wouldn’t leave out Luke Combs for a SOTY nomination for Beautiful Crazy. It’s the biggest country song of 2019. Bigger then GIRL.

“Speechless” is the biggest country song of the year and “Beautiful Crazy” wasn’t his SOTY submission; “Beer Never Broke My Heart” was. “Beautiful Crazy” isn’t eligible for songwriting categories because the version with Leon Bridges was submitted last year.

caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

praying every night that Honey by Robyn lands a surprise AOTY nomination

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s get our candles 🕯

#howrudeofme

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see it happening. But that’s a great electro-dance pop album which should have been in Electronic/Dance Album

Barnacles Bro

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Maren Morris is not happening in AOTY, especially when a female country album won last year.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see it happening. But that’s a great electro-dance pop album which should have been in Electronic/Dance Album

Right . Genre screening committee was on crack this year

#howrudeofme

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Something I’m also praying for but don’t expect is Rosalia’s El Mal Querer. One of the best Latin albums of the Decade. The experimentation and trusty pop formulas are top notch.

Barnacles Bro

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Something I’m also praying for but don’t expect is Rosalia’s El Mal Querer. One of the best Latin albums of the Decade. The experimentation and trusty pop formulas are top notch.

well tonight are the Latin Grammys so CANDLES UP!!

y'all ugly and smelly

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Only CMA AOTY winners to receive AOTY nominations at the Grammys:

Johnny Cash at San Quentin (1970)
    Behind Closed Doors (1973)
    The Gambler (1980)
    Fly (2000)
    O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2002)
    Fearless (2010)
    Golden Hour (2019)

For everyone suddenly jumping the gun on Maren Morris just because of the CMAs.

True. But those years we had 5. Now we have 8. So its 40% more likely to happen.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

True. But those years we had 5. Now we have 8. So its 40% more likely to happen.

8 nominees or not, the trend has long been that country albums only get in when they are either commercial juggernauts (Fearless, Need You Now, Fly, Home, Red) and/or critical darlings (Golden Hour, These Days, A Sailor’s Guide to Earth, Traveller). The one outlier is Taking the Long Way, which was nominated (and went on to win) for obvious political reasons.

The only things Maren Morris has going for her are that she’s consistently nominated in the country field, even on off years, and that her producer recently passed away (he can easily be honored with a Producer of the Year nomination instead for his complete body of work this past year). She already got a Big Three nomination last year, so there’s no compelling reason to nominate her for an album that did so-so on the charts and is widely considered inferior to her debut.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 474 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.