Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 474 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +26 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
deshunfenty
fortheculture
  • JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

The 3 Tenors in Concert by Pácido Domingo, José Carreras, and Luciano Pavaroti got an AOTY nom in 1995.

As they should have👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Has a Latin album ever been nominated for AOTY

Santana’s Supernatural who is a Mexican Blues band which featured Spanish songs from other Spanish artists.

y'all ugly and smelly

mnk7
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s clear Norman Fucking Rockwell! deserves AOTY.

More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

So Rosalia just WON Album of the Fucking Year at the Latin Grammys. What else does she have to do to get nominated for AOTY at this years Grammys?

jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, even though this is a shitty year, A Star Is Boring would make a dreadful AOTY winner. BARF! Lizzo deserves AOTY.

No Darling, it wouldnt

You Just wont admit it because you basically hates everyone that is more sucessfull than Xtina, so you kind hate almost everybody

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  jowgbruno.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  jowgbruno.
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

The lineup for AoTY this year will be really awful. They should just give to A Star Is Born if nominated, and apologize to Gaga for being late. If it’s not nominated, just give it to Billie who cares if it’s her debut. It’s really the only impactful and enjoyable album aside from ASIB, at least for me.

I call mother fucking bullshit. We had quality albums in the mainstream. Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish, Lizzo, Tyler the Creator, Beyoncé, Vampire Weekend, Lana Del Rey, Anderson Paak, Robyn, The 1975, Rosalía, Weyes Blood, Freddie Gibbs and Madlib, Gary Clark Jr. Rather than their sales and numbers, I’m content with the people gain success this year by pushing their art this year. So thank god for this year rather than allowing boring albums win every year.

Barnacles Bro

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Rosalía’s wins tonight better translate into the American one! Nominations would be perfect!

Barnacles Bro

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

I call mother fucking bullshit. We had quality albums in the mainstream. Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish, Lizzo, Tyler the Creator, Beyoncé, Vampire Weekend, Lana Del Rey, Anderson Paak, Robyn, The 1975, Rosalía, Weyes Blood, Freddie Gibbs and Madlib, Gary Clark Jr. Rather than their sales and numbers, I’m content with the people gain success this year by pushing their art this year. So thank god for this year rather than allowing boring albums win every year.

LMAOOOOOOOO😂💀 not really from her

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

LMAOOOOOOOO😂 not really from her

Homecoming was such a great live album, one of the best live albums of the decade. I really did not care for the gift from a few songs from the project but I never go back to any of the songs atm. Homecoming was phenomenal, quality was great, production and band felt immense. Beyoncé really did come through with a good record. It might be a commercial fail, but it wasn’t a full released album and I do see it as one of her underrated works..svg” class=”emoji”

Barnacles Bro

Distant Dreamer
    Participant
    Topics:

Seeing Rosalia win AOTY at the Latin Grammys makes me think that maybe I’m underestimating her industry support. I was hoping for her to win but was ready to see her lose to a bigger name. The biggest downside to her is how strong the pop albums have been, I find it hard to believe that we could really get WWAFA.., Cuz I Love You, A Star Is Born, thank u next, PLUS El Mal Querer. At least 2 of those would need to be snubbed. Last year, her chances would have been SO much higher.

caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

El Mal Querer is just the perfect first Latin AOTY winner to make it to AOTY at the anglophone Grammys as well. I won’t be surprised if she makes it.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Well the nominees are already compiled, all they need to do is just release it. it’s too late for them to just add her in, assuming she’s not already in.

y'all ugly and smelly

Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

They’ve been trying to make Rosalia a “thing” all year. Is it because there is a lack of female representation in Latin music or….?

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

They’ve been trying to make Rosalia a “thing” all year. Is it because there is a lack of female representation in Latin music or….?

I like Rosalia because her album is truly good. As a Latin-American, it gross me out to think that people only like her because to spite or put the finger to a specific part of a music genre, like many do with Kacey Musgraves and bro country last year. Both created great pieces of work that just happened to come from a country girl or a flamenco pop goddess. Both push the envelope in their music and I’m proud of both success within the recording academy.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  ELIAS.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  ELIAS.

Barnacles Bro

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

The lineup for AoTY this year will be really awful.

I’m confused as to why you think this year will be terrible? We got some fantastic albums this year, and the biggest albums were also incredibly well received unlike years past. Who do you think didn’t release this year that could make the lineup better?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 474 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 25)’ is closed to new replies.