Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 536 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
NASA
ayanami
  • na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Hmmm that statement sounds fishy. They didn’t say it was a hacker nor did they deny it was fake…

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Hmmm that statement sounds fishy. They didn’t say it was a hacker nor did they deny it was fake…

They sorta did @ the fake part “don’t believe everything you see on the internet”

#howrudeofme

JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

They sorta did @ the fake part “don’t believe everything you see on the internet”

that was on E!’s part, not on the recording academy’s statement. They confirmed they were uploading the site and something went wrong (the nominations count appeared early)

FYC: Invisible Life (Brazil) for Best International Film and Best Supporting Actress (Fernanda Montenegro)

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

NARAS need to get their shit together honestly. This is sad.

#howrudeofme

JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

Maybe they don’t need to. If that shit is real there’s only a few hours left till the announcement. And it wasn’t the actual nominees that leaked so perharps they can live with it till morning.

FYC: Invisible Life (Brazil) for Best International Film and Best Supporting Actress (Fernanda Montenegro)

Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

Yo, this is such a clusterfuck.

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Who’s ready to take a Big L tomorrow?? Cuz I know I am

24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

The statement that NARAS should have released should have said that they were testing their website and that the final results of the nominations have not and will not be revealed until tomorrow morning’s announcement. Like… are they idiots??? Why aren’t they denying the leak? Even if it’s true, deny deny deny! lol

It makes me think the leak is real. Anywho… looking forward to seeing ALL the noms tomorrow lol

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Guys, I just noticed something interesting. The Artist profile page is currently being updated to separate nominees from wins.

For example Maren Morris has 10 career nomination yet it now says 1 Win, 9 Nominations. And before that it usually lists the entire amount of nominations regardless of how many they have won.

See for yourself:

This is Beyonce https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/beyoncé-knowles

compared to Maren:
    https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/maren-morris

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I was gone for a day and this is what awaits me !

Barnacles Bro

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

FINAL PREDICTIONS

These are my final predictions with the assumptions that the leaks are FALSE. I have no idea what to believe as it seems legit, but these were my predictions before that occurred. It’s pointless to predict using the leaks otherwise we can all figure out who is getting in and it takes away the fun.

Album of the Year

When We All Fall Asleep Where Do We Go
    Cuz I Luv You
    Thank U, Next
    A Star is Born
    IGOR
    This Land
    Norman Fucking Rockwell!
    Father of the Bride

Billie and Lizzo are locks while Ariana is a strong bet. I imagine every single prediction has these 3. I was on the fence all year with ASIB but decided to put it in at the end as it was a moment and a return to prominence for Gaga. NFR! gets in for critical acclaim and also Lana has been consistent for a decade. The committee has helped artists like her before. Gary Clarke takes the “Brandi/Sturgill” spot. Though one could argue Lana falls under that label too but This Land has the social message as well. I was considering putting in Maggie Rogers  but I feel having 3 newbies in AOTY is a bit much. It’s been a while since a rock band made it to AOTY.

Record of the Year

Truth Hurts – Lizzo
    Old Town Road – Lil Nas X
    Bad Guy – Billie Eillish
    Sunflower – Post Malone
    Talk – Khalid
    Senorita – Shawn Mendes/Camilla Cabello
    You Need to Calm Down – Taylor Swift
    Middle Child – J Cole

First 3 are locks and I’m sure everyone included them.  A part of me thinks it’s possible Post Malone can miss since he is starting a new era and the committee may want to nominate him everywhere next year. But the song was too huge to ignore. I don’t think Khalid has what it takes to get across the board love so I feel one nomination here is good enough. The Grammys like Shawn Mendes and this is his biggest hit. I’m not as low as Taylor Swift as the rest of this board is. I think last year she was polarizing and lacked label support due to leaving Big Machine right at the Grammy deadline. I think they block her in Album and give her a filler nod here. “7 Rings” missing is my bold prediction here. It’s just a hunch that Grande doesn’t get all 3. Her year was big but others were bigger and better and more recent. J Cole isn’t an obvious pick but he’s been around long enough that I think he can finally breakthrough into the GF.

Song of the Year

Truth Hurts (Lizzo)
    Thank U, Next (Ariana Grande)
    Bad Guy (Billie Eillish)
    Someone You Loved (Lewis Capaldi)
    Sunflower (Post Malone)
    Light On (Maggie Rogers)
    Girl (Maren Morris)
    Without Me (Halsey)

The first two are locks. “Bad Guy” isn’t a great song but Billie had the kind of year to warrant across the board love. Ditto for Lizzo. Another bold prediction is that Lewis Capaldi peaked too late to make pop solo, but he can easily make the top 20 to allow the committee to put him in because the song is peaking now. I don’t think Halsey is big enough to crack the pop categories so this will be their chance to reward her.

Best New Artist

Billie Eillish
    Lizzo
    Maggie Rogers
    Rosalia
    Megan Thee Stalion
    Jamila Woods
    Juice World
    Tyler Childers

I wanted to include a rock artist but Maggie Rogers will have to do as the closest. Rosalia is the kind of artist the committee would love to highlight. Jamila Woods over Summer Walker/Ari Lennox is tough but her album was very well received.

daniel18dg26
    Participant
    Topics:

Good luck to all the girls! We stan talent!

JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

Guys, I just noticed something interesting. The Artist profile page is currently being updated to separate nominees from wins.

For example Maren Morris has 10 career nomination yet it now says 1 Win, 9 Nominations. And before that it usually lists the entire amount of nominations regardless of how many they have won.

See for yourself:

This is Beyonce https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/beyoncé-knowles

compared to Maren:
    https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/maren-morris

Maren however seems to be the only one to benefit from this format cause every other artist is counted in the usual way

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want tomorrow to come… I’m at my wits end!

I will always love you

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Prediction will be boring because everyone can figure out the nomination.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 536 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.