Home Forums Music 2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 536 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +11 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
NASA
ayanami
  • MrOceanBlueEyes
    Participant
    Topics:

I can’t believe y’all are still buying those leaks. Some of them seem sketchy af.

RebelQuad
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Bruno Mars have any nominations? I wonder if Cardi is up for Please Me.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Bruno Mars have any nominations? I wonder if Cardi is up for Please Me.

You’ll know tomorrow

#howrudeofme

fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

I buy these leaks because they come from the actual Grammy website, and with the exception of Maren Morris which just seems to be a bug or a data entry mistake, all of the artists who have had an increase in nominations are artists who are eligible and likely, and their nomination counts increased by a realistic number (ranging from 1 to 8). Artists who have never been Grammy nominated like Billie Eilish and Lizzo appeared on the Grammy site for the first time. Also, there are only a finite number of nomination slots, and the number of artists who increased in nominations roughly seems to fit the number of slots.

Cordelia
    Participant
    Topics:

The leak is that the Grammy page backend was accidentally updated to show the cumulative number of nominations and wins each artist has, including nominations from this year. This doesn’t reveal which categories artists were nominated in, but it does reveal to us the total number of nominations each artist will have, and using that information we can connect the dots to guess who is nominated in which categories. Lana has two nominations. Jack Antanoff also has two nominations, so there is a strong chance of seeing NFR in AOTY. Here is a list that someone else posted. 8 – Lizzo 6 – Billie Eilish 6 – Lil Nas X 5 – Ariana Grande 4 – Beyonce 3 – Taylor Swift 3 – Lady Gaga 3 – Billy Ray Cyrus 2 – Dolly Parton 2 – Post Malone 2 – Cardi B 2 – Ed Sheeran 2 – Rosalia 2 – Lana Del Rey 2 – Jonas Brothers 2 – Victoria Monet 2 – Bad Bunny 2 – Drake 2 – DaBaby 2 – Camila Cabello 1 – Shawn Mendes 1 – Maggie Rogers 1 – Lewis Capaldi 1 – Tove Lo 1 – Tyler, the Creator 1 – Social House 1 – Chris Brown 1 – Justin Bieber 1 – fka twigs 0 – Solange

So… Billy Ray Cyrus has more nominations for Old Town Road than Lana does in total…

I like Old Town Road, but EW

For Your Consideration:

Best Picture: Weathering With You, Parasite, The Lighthouse
    Best Supporting Actor: Willem Dafoe - The Lighthouse
    Best Animated Feature: Weathering With You, Promare
    Best International Film: Weathering With You, Parasite

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I buy these leaks because they come from the actual Grammy website, and with the exception of Maren Morris which just seems to be a bug or a data entry mistake, all of the artists who have had an increase in nominations are artists who are eligible and likely, and their nomination counts increased by a realistic number (ranging from 1 to 8). Artists who have never been Grammy nominated like Billie Eilish and Lizzo appeared on the Grammy site for the first time. Also, there are only a finite number of nomination slots, and the number of artists who increased in nominations roughly seems to fit the number of slots.

There is still a small possibility that IT were given a “mockup” version for the results and they were testing how quickly they can update the information.

Because some stuff doesn’t make sense, like Post Malone getting 2 nominations only and missing in Visual Media with the biggest soundtrack song of the year? I don’t think that ever happened.

Tyler getting 1 nom and Khalid 1 is also pretty unrealistic. At the very least Khalid should be able to get a few for Talk & Free Spirit.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 2 days ago by  M.
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Wishing good luck to all nominated artists tomorrow. Let the shitfest begin!

To me, it may have started already…60 years ago when the first ever set of Grammy awards were handed out. May 4th of 1959 was the day.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg I just realized a huge glitch in the Grammys website…all I’m gonna say is bts fans are gonna be upset tomorrow

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

There is still a small possibility that IT were given a “mockup” version for the results and they were testing how quickly they can update the information. Because some stuff doesn’t make sense, like Post Malone getting 2 nominations only and missing in Visual Media with the biggest soundtrack song of the year? I don’t think that ever happened. Tyler getting 1 nom and Khalid 1 is also pretty unrealistic. At the very least Khalid should be able to get a few for Talk & Free Spirit.

I hope that’s true

M
    Participant
    Topics:

My understanding is that how it works? Grammy’s morning, IT guys are handed a list  by their private accounting a firm and they put the list in their system and it automatically generates the nominations page on their website and updates nominated artists pages (I really doubt they do it one by one, that’d take ages. My best guess is they have a SQL system for this).

So I think what happened, is they probably needed to test their updated system, so someone from the Academy came up with a “mockup” list containing possible nominations expected to happen tomorrow and handed it to them to use it for testing, unless the Grammy’s are REALLY that stupid and gave them the real list for testing.

The numbers add up, because the SQL system would assign numbers accurately, say if the list Gaga is nominated for OST, it would add 1 for Gaga and 1 for Bradley etc…

Blade
    Participant
    Topics:

My understanding is that how it works? Grammy’s morning, IT guys are handed a list by their private accounting a firm and they put the list in their system and it automatically generates the nominations page on their website and updates nominated artists pages (I really doubt they do it one by one, that’d take ages. My best guess is they have a SQL system for this). So I think what happened, is they probably needed to test their updated system, so someone from the Academy came up with a “mockup” list containing possible nominations expected to happen tomorrow and handed it to them to use it for testing, unless the Grammy’s are REALLY that stupid and gave them the real list for testing. The numbers add up, because the SQL system would assign numbers accurately, say if the list Gaga is nominated for OST, it would add 1 for Gaga and 1 for Bradley etc…

That makes a lot of sense. A dummy list that isn’t actually as “dumb” as it sounds since it was probably a viable list generated randomly

fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

There is still a small possibility that IT were given a “mockup” version for the results and they were testing how quickly they can update the information.

Because some stuff doesn’t make sense, like Post Malone getting 2 nominations only and missing in Visual Media with the biggest soundtrack song of the year? I don’t think that ever happened.

Tyler getting 1 nom and Khalid 1 is also pretty unrealistic. At the very least Khalid should be able to get a few for Talk & Free Spirit.

I am 95% confident that these leaks are real. I guess there is some possibility that they accidentally pushed testing numbers to the actual site, but that just seems like a less plausible explanation than them accidentally pushing the actual numbers slightly too early, especially because engineers testing the backend would do something like “Britney Spears +100 nominations”, etc. Its unlikely that a testing case would line up this closely with a realistic set of nominations.

Yeah I agree with you that I myself would not have predicted Khalid, Posty and Tyler getting so few nominations, but there are snubs every year, and when you think about it, these are young people artists that the Grammy’s might not understand or take seriously anyway, so these snubs still feel realistic. Actually, I think a completely predictable leak with zero snubs would be more suspicious than a leak with a few prominent snubs.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

especially because engineers testing the backend would do something like “Britney Spears +100 nominations”, etc

I don’t think so though. If the IT department asked for a “mockup” list. It would have to look a bit like the actual data they’ll get tomorrow and it should also include new nominees to see if the system generates new pages correctly or not (like Billie’s page etc..).

What I’m definitely sure about is that this is handled via SQL and the IT guys can update their website in minutes so they really don’t need the results one day ahead of time.

Now there is always a possibility that the Academy is THAT dumb and gave them the real list to test with, which is stupid because testing usually implies the possibility of mistake.

na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok so basically I found a glitch. So someone here was saying Maren Moris’ page said something or whatever and it made me think to type in artist who haven’t been nominated….

So I typed in https://www.grammy.com/grammys/artists/(whoever the person is)

Some came up 403 some 404
    403 means they’ll be nominated tomorrow
    404 means snubbed
    Because the message on 403 says access denied and 404 says nothing found. Also if you try to search artist who never got nominated 404 comes up.

403 will be nominated

lil nas
    Rosalía
    Lizzo
    Michelle Obama
    Dababy
    Billie Eilish
    Lewis Capaldi
    Maggie Rogers
    Social House

Won’t be nominated

Normani
    Bts
    Blackpink
    Megan thee stallion

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg I just realized a huge glitch in the Grammys website…all I’m gonna say is bts fans are gonna be upset tomorrow

where have you been it’s been trending for hours

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 536 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammy Predictions (Part 27)’ is closed to new replies.