Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 340 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
5 hours ago
replies
views
users
DC95
M
Oz
  • Dan Costa
    Participant
    Topics:

We’ll find out in January!

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, even Stevie Wonder can see that Lady Gaga got nominated and won Best Pop Solo Performance due to the A Star Is Born hype.

Yes, but not only reason. They could’ve voted for someone else just like they voted for This Is America over Shallow. The voters love for ASIB wasn’t blind. If it was, Gaga would’ve swept in the GF too.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

doin’ time is a cover so it cannot be nominated

It can be nominated anywhere except songwriting categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bernardo Rojas
    Participant
    Topics:

joanne wouldn’t have even been nominated if there hadn’t been the ASIB hype, I mean not even little monsters remembered that song, and nobody expected it to be nominated.

Of the course the fact that she won, proves that the academy really like her, but it was also boosted by ASIB

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

==Of the course the fact that she won, proves that the academy really like her, but it was also boosted by ASIB

Yes which is exactly my point. If the voters like Ariana or Camila more, they would’ve voted for them especially when they had the bigger hits. Childish Gambino is someone they liked more than Gaga that particular year for example.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

“Joanne” also has a memorable scene in Gaga’s Netflix documentary, but A Star Is Born definitely helped. And A Star Is Born is exactly why people need to watch out for Gaga this year.

The hype for the movie has not gone anywhere; in fact, it’s gotten more popular since this year’s Grammys. “Shallow” would 100% be winning Record and Song of the Year had it not been entered this past year because it became far more popular afterward (not to mention, the competition this year is terrible). Gaga is absolutely in the hunt for Pop Solo, Pop Duo/Group, and Album of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes which is exactly my point. If the voters like Ariana or Camila more, they would’ve voted for them especially when they had the bigger hits. Childish Gambino is someone they liked more than Gaga that particular year for example.

I think it’s more the song that they cared about than him specifically, seeing as he lost R&B Song to Ella Mai.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

I think it’s more the song that they cared about than him specifically, seeing as he lost R&B Song to Ella Mai.

The fact that Elbe even got in R&B song with an under the radar release like “Feels like summer” proves that they like him enough. Also, he lost to the biggest R&B song of the year that was also up for Song of the Year. It’s not surprising.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact that Elbe even got in R&B song with an under the radar release like “Feels like summer” proves that they like him enough. Also, he lost to the biggest R&B song of the year that was also up for Song of the Year. It’s not surprising.

It’s not surprising at all, but I don’t think they suddenly decided Childish Gambino is the best thing since sliced bread, just that they really liked “This Is America.” Song/video moreso than the artist.

It was essentially “Formation” but bigger and less polarizing, and with nothing as big as “Hello” to stand in its way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not surprising at all, but I don’t think they suddenly decided Childish Gambino is the best thing since sliced bread, just that they really liked “This Is America.”

Well he got in AOTY and ROTY the year prior. So he was on their radar.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

^ NOT happening.

You mean:

Pop Solo: Billie Eilish

Pop Duo/Group: TBD

Pop Album: Billie Eilish

I love how y’all are saying Pop Duo us “TBD” just because you don’t want to predict the JoBros lmao.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I love how y’all are saying Pop Duo us “TBD” just because you don’t want to predict the JoBros lmao.

There is not a clear frontrunner at this point, lol. Don’t keep doing this.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

*switches on Gucci mode*

Girl please you need to hop off Jonas Brother dick

*switches off Gucci mode*

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayfers
    Participant
    Topics:

Could Without Me not upset in Pop Solo? I feel like neither Ariana or Billie are as safe as It is being made to seem, especially considering were not sure what Gaga will submit and Without Me is a strong contender is it not?

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

*switches on Gucci mode*

Girl please you need to hop off Jonas Brother dick

*switches off Gucci mode*

I actually despise their music, but it pains me to see y’all doing the most to find an excuse as to why they won’t win when it’s not that complicated.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 340 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.