Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 532 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
replies
views
users
DC95
M
Boz
  • caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

any thoughts?

Pop Vocal Album

• Backstreet Boys  (DNA) – The Recording Academy has always adored them. Their album went #1, and taking last year’s nom in consideration, I feel like they have a chance.
    • Sara Bareilles (Amidst The Chaos) – EGOTs love nominating her but not giving her awards. She won’t be
    • Billie Eilish (WWAFAWDWG) – quoting bad guy, “duh”
    • Ariana Grande (thank u, next) – same thing as Billie.
    • Jonas Brothers (Happiness Begins) – not only did they have a succesful comeback, but their album was also critically acclaimed.
    • P!nk (Hurts 2B Human) – her usual nomination.

Pop Solo Performance

• Beyoncé (TBD) – any song from Lion King.
    • Billie Eilish (TBD) – she’ll probably submit bad guy, but who knows?
    • Ariana Grande (TBD) – any song off thank u, next would be nominated.
    • Lady Gaga (TBD) – INLA or ARUTW.
    • Shawn Mendes (If I Can’t Have You) – his fourth album will be receive General Field nominations in 2021, regardless of its critical reception, which I frankly don’t see being that good just yet. plus this category always has at least one male nominee. the Grammys will kiss his ass like they did to Justin Timberlake during the 2000s. just kidding!
    • P!nk (Walk Me Home) – do I feel like this song should be nominated? not. will it be nominated though? of course.

Pop Duo/Group Performance

• Beyoncé & Childish Gambino & Billy Eichner & Seth Rogen (Can You Feel The Love) – Beyoncé will receive multiple nominations this year. Donald will continue building a successful Grammy history.
    • Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus (Old Town Road) – that song will be placed in this category.
    • Post Malone & Swae Lee (Sunflower) – commercially succesful song. Post earned Pop noms last year and that could easily happen again this year.
    • Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello (Señorita) – will stay in the top 10 for ages
    • Ed Sheeran & ? (TBD) – he just released an album filled with contenders for D/GP and R/SP. I Don’t Care received lukewarm reviews, so I dont know if he’ll submit that one. But songs like Blow, for example, might be nominated in the rock field. Whilst his rap songs will fit on R/SP.
    • Taylor Swift & Panic! At The Disco (ME!) – Man of the Woods was critically panned, but Say Something received a D/GP nom. I feel like Taylor is in a similar scenario.
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Say Something probably got in due to Chris Stapleton. ME! is not the same case.

JB
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Album Predix:
    Billie Ellish
    Ariana Grande
    Madonna
    Shawn Mendes
    P!nk
    Ed Sheeran
    ~ spoiler: Sara Bareilles

Pop Solo:
    Billie Ellish
    Ariana Grande
    Lady Gaga
    P!nk
    Shawn Mendes
    Sam Smith
    ~ spoilers: Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift, Lewis Capaldi, Beyonce (only if “Spirit” becomes some kind of hit)

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Say Something probably got in due to Chris Stapleton. ME! is not the same case.

Me! could get a nomination due to Brendan Urie too. I’m not ruling it out. he had a fantastic year and the voters can go with Me! to reward him and Taylor at once.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Me! could get a nomination due to Brendan Urie too. I’m not ruling it out. he had a fantastic year and the voters can go with Me! to reward him and Taylor at once.

Chris is a Grammy darling while Urie is a 1x nominee.

And, if the wanted to recognize him, they could vote for his own hit, not Taylor’s.

Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you think Camila Cabello has any chance of winning a Grammy this year? I personally thought she’s gonna flop after her debut album but Find U Again is great and then we have Señorita and now South Of The Border. She is really smashing right now.

circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Camila Casserole isn’t winning a Grammy anytime soon. Her fake, PR stunt of a “relationship” with Shawn Mendes won’t do her any favors either.

WildforFilm
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Album Predix:
    Billie Ellish
    Ariana Grande
    Madonna
    Shawn Mendes
    P!nk
    Ed Sheeran
    ~ spoiler: Sara Bareilles

Pop Solo:
    Billie Ellish
    Ariana Grande
    Lady Gaga
    P!nk
    Shawn Mendes
    Sam Smith
    ~ spoilers: Kelly Clarkson, Taylor Swift, Lewis Capaldi, Beyonce (only if “Spirit” becomes some kind of hit)

I don’t believe Mendes has an album in contention this year…

Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, we’ve already established that the atrocious “Me!” is NOT getting any nominations.

Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

Camila Cabello will be a strong contender for 2021 grammys once her album comes out in the Fall. Let’s not pretend she wasn’t just nominated for two grammys this year on her own.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Chubby706.
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Camila Cabello will be a strong contender for 2021 grammys once her album comes out in the Fall. Let’s not pretend she wasn’t just nominated for two grammys this year on her own.

Ugh, another year of delusional Cabello stans trying to convince us she’d sweep the whole ceremony.

Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

^@Vogue :Sweetheart, I said nothing about her winning crap over anyone. I just said she’d have a strong chance at being nominated since she was literally just nominated this year. Don’t call me delusional when half of y’all are making retarded predictions about Gaga and Ariana Grande winning in the GF.

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

^@Vogue :Sweetheart, I said nothing about her winning crap over anyone. I just said she’d have a strong chance at being nominated since she was literally just nominated this year. Don’t call me delusional when half of y’all are making retarded predictions about Gaga and Ariana Grande winning in the GF.

Please refrain from using that word. I wasn’t even referring to you. You’re tweet reminded me that we have a whole year to dread of Camila stans.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

The Havana singer is irrelevant. The fact she managed to lose for Havana in one of the weakest categories ever(something I predicted btw) proves that.

Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

@Vogue My bad. I apologize.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 532 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.