Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 490 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +26 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
M
Boz
  • AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s probably fair and you might have a point given what a competitive category it is this year.

I think some combination of these songs will end up being nominated:

Jonas Brothers – Sucker
    Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper – I’ll Never Love Again [or something else]
    Lil Nas X feat. Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road [if placed here]
    Post Malone & Swae Lee – Sunflower
    Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello – Señorita
    Panic! At the Disco – High Hopes (Live) [if entered]
    Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – I Don’t Care
    Sam Smith & Normani – Dancing With a Stranger

If Panic submits “Hey Look Ma, I Made It” do you think they still stand a chance at a nomination? Right now I think “Sucker” is a lock and “I’ll Never Love Again” is next in line. After that I’m trying to decide between “Sunflower”, “Hey Look Ma”, “Dancing with a Stranger”, and “I Don’t Care”. If “Señorita” charts as high as “Dancing with a Stranger” and “I Don’t Care” I’ll consider it as well. The only songs I could see winning are “I’ll Never Love Again” (they love Gaga and it’s from a likely AOTY nominee) “Sunflower” (Post Malone got a lot of nominations last year, Swae Lee’s huge right now, and it’s a #1 hit), and “Hey Look Ma” (alternative pop songs perform well in this category).

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Señorita is getting nominated. The song is not good, the success isn’t organic and I really think they’ll think that Shawn and Havana were already “rewarded” with their previous noms this year.

Good, maybe I should learn some good songwriting skills from Ms Havana, and put La La La or Na Na Na at the end of every sentence. Apparently that’s how you get a hit nowadays.

Actually you get a hit when your song is full of whispers, you have crazy amounts of Spotify payola, and both singers pretend to be dating right after the song is released. The generic “La La” and “Na Na” lyrics wouldn’t work without all of that.

MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt Lady Gaga will be nominated for Pop/Duo again. Grammys don’t like doing the same thing two years in a row, they all know Shallow won this year, they won’t give her AND BRADLEY another Grammy. It’s a competitive category with many contenders, unlike Pop Solo this year. I’ll Never Love Again wasn’t a hit so they don’t have/need to nominate it just because “Gaga111” “A Star is Born111”. Unless they really want to give AOTY to the album.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

As someone who predicted Joanne, I don’t see Gaga in Pop Duo/GP this year. If the Grammy’s really want to confirm their love for ASIB, they can nominate her in AoTY, or Pop Solo (non-committee vote).

But sometimes I underestimate Gaga, for instance last year I didn’t predict her in RoTY, when the majority did.

With that being said, I can see the voters nominating “I’ll Never Love Again” just because of how generic the main contenders are. Make no mistake though, if Gaga is nominated, she is so winning this. Past winners of this category have been mainly good and well-liked songs.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    jowgbruno
    Participant
    Topics:

As someone who predicted Joanne, I don’t see Gaga in Pop Duo/GP this year. If the Grammy’s really want to confirm their love for ASIB, they can nominate her in AoTY, or Pop Solo (non-committee vote). But sometimes I underestimate Gaga, for instance last year I didn’t predict her in RoTY, when the majority did. With that being said, I can see the voters nominating “I’ll Never Love Again” just because of how generic the main contenders are. Make no mistake though, if Gaga is nominated, she is so winning this. Past winners of this category have been mainly good and well-liked songs.

That’s true. INLA dosen’t even work as a real duet, Bradley sings for like 10s on the song

But if get nominated, which I doubt, + an aoty nomimation, it clearly means that they want to make this her year

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Solo Performance:

“I’ll Never Love Again” – Lady Gaga
    “thank u, next” – Ariana Grande
    “bad guy” – Billie Eilish
    “SPIRIT” – Beyoncé
    “Without Me” – Halsey

Pop Duo/Group Performance:

“Sucker” – Jonas Brothers
    “I Don’t Care” – Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber
    “Senorita” – Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello
    “Sunflower” – Post Malone f/ Swae Lee
    “Old Town Road” – Lil Nas X f/ Billy Ray Cyrus
    ME!” – Taylor Swift f/ Brendon Urie

Pop Vocal Album:

WHEN WE FALL ASLEEP WHERE DO WE GO? – Billie Eilish
    thank u, next – Ariana Grande
    Lover – Taylor Swift
    Happiness Begins – Jonas Brothers
    No.6 Collaborations – Ed Sheeran

Current predictions.

sofan
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Solo Performance: “I’ll Never Love Again” – Lady Gaga

I think they’ll go with the bigger and better song Always Remember Us This Way here. They can try to fraud INLA in Pop Duo

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

If Panic submits “Hey Look Ma, I Made It” do you think they still stand a chance at a nomination? Right now I think “Sucker” is a lock and “I’ll Never Love Again” is next in line. After that I’m trying to decide between “Sunflower”, “Hey Look Ma”, “Dancing with a Stranger”, and “I Don’t Care”. If “Señorita” charts as high as “Dancing with a Stranger” and “I Don’t Care” I’ll consider it as well. The only songs I could see winning are “I’ll Never Love Again” (they love Gaga and it’s from a likely AOTY nominee) “Sunflower” (Post Malone got a lot of nominations last year, Swae Lee’s huge right now, and it’s a #1 hit), and “Hey Look Ma” (alternative pop songs perform well in this category).

It’s possible but due to the sheer amount of hits fighting for nominations, it could get edged out. I’d be more inclined to say yes if PATD had been nominated for some of their past crossover hits, but they weren’t.

Jack
    Participant
    Topics:

Does Harmony Hall or this life – Vampire week-end has a chance in DG ?

IittIebitpsycho
    Participant
    Topics:

best pop duo/group performance seems to be the most competitive pop category this year

possible nominees:

sucker – the jonas brothers

me! – taylor swift & brendon urie

señorita – camila cabello & shawn mendes

old town road – lil nas x & billy ray cyrus (if it’s not submitted to best rap/sung)

idc – ed sheeran & justin bieber

please me – cardi b & bruno mars (if it’s not submitted to best rap/sung)

sunflower – post malone & swae lee

nothing breaks like a heart -mark ronson & miley cyrus

dont call me angel – ariana grande, lana del rey & miley cyrus (if released in time)

boy with luv – bts & halsey

dancing with a stranger – sam smith & normani

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Spirit will be eligible for Best Traditional R&B Performance and Best Song Written for Visual Media.

“SPIRIT” – Beyoncé.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Pauly Antonio.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Pauly Antonio.

y'all ugly and smelly

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

“ME!,” “Nothing Breaks Like a Heart,” and especially “Boy With Luv” will not be nominated.

na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

best pop duo/group performance seems to be the most competitive pop category this year

possible nominees:

old town road – lil nas x & billy ray cyrus (if it’s not submitted to best rap/sung)

dont call me angel – ariana grande, lana del rey & miley cyrus (if released in time)

Please me and old town road will both go to rap/sung. Me! And nothing breaks like a heart are 100% not getting nominations. That leaves the last 7 possibilities. And in the past there have been 7 nominees but if were gonna take out two it’ll definitely be boy with luv and idc (assuming DCMA is a hit and is eligible) i don’t see the Grammys taking to bts just yet and idc is the best chance Ed has at a nomination but I just don’t see it going anywhere. The whole album comes off as desperate.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  na digga.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  na digga.
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

possible nominees:

There’s also Hey Look Ma, I Made It! or whatever Panic submits.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I think OTR will miss a genre nom but easily get into the GF.

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 490 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.