Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 532 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
D
M
Boz
  • Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know what’s the big deal with I’ll never love again, Bradley sings on it a little and the song is credited to both Gaga and Bradley Uptown Funk won and the whole song is just Bruno’s vocals. Same with Nothing Breaks Like A Heart and Find U Again, I’ll never love again features 2 singers while NBLAH is just Miley Cyrus. Same with all of Calvin and Zedd’s song

Gašper Vezonik
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know what’s the big deal with I’ll never love again, Bradley sings on it a little and the song is credited to both Gaga and Bradley. Uptown Funk won and the whole song is just Bruno’s vocals. Same with Nothing Breaks Like A Heart and Find U Again, I’ll never love again features 2 singers while NBLAH is just Miley Cyrus. Same with all of Calvin and Zedd’s songs! (only Maren Morris sings the Middle, it’s definitely not a Pop Duo/Group Performance but 3 artists are credited so it’s eligible in Pop Duo/Group category

Dan Costa
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed Sheehan’s “No. 6 Collaborations Project” is the biggest week sale for a pop album by a male artist in the US since Shawn Mendes’ self-titled, back in June 2018.

I think Ed will get a best pop vocal album nomination

Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed Sheehan’s “No. 6 Collaborations Project” is the biggest week sale for a pop album by a male artist in the US since Shawn Mendes’ self-titled, back in June 2018. I think Ed will get a best pop vocal album nomination

Yep. He’s definitely getting into Pop Vocal album for this lackluster side- project.

D
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed is most likely getting in, but he could miss. At this point, I think Ariana, Billie, and the Jonas Brothers are safe for nominations (the lattermost less so than the other two, who are locks). The category will likely be rounded out by two of Ed, Taylor Swift, and P!nk, or some surprise nominees who overperform in first-round voting (Backstreet Boys, Miley Cyrus, Mark Ronson, etc.).

It really depends on how much voters like P!nk to vote her in with an underperforming album (it should be noted that she’s still on a very successful tour in support of her last album), and what they think of the new Taylor album – Lover will obviously post big numbers, but it will likely be less successful than Reputation, which voters didn’t respond very well to.

Balenciaga
    Participant
    Topics:

Everyone thought “Perfect” would get nominated.

Ed Sheeran is NOT a lock in Best Pop Vocal Album.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

BEST POP SOLO PERFORMANCE
    1. thank u, next/7 rings by Ariana Grande
    2. bad guy/when the party’s over by Billie Eilish
    3. Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi
    4. Without Me by Halsey
    5. If I Can’t Have You by Shawn Mendes
    (6. Always Remember Us This Way by Lady Gaga)

I think any of the nominees could win, IMO. I have Gaga as six because, while she’d be a slam dunk winner, I’m not sure if they even want to nominate her after winning big last year.

BEST POP DUO/GROUP PERFORMANCE

1. Sucker by the Jonas Brothers
    2. Señorita by Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello
    3. I Don’t Care by Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber
    4. Dancing with a Stranger by Sam Smith & Normani
    5. Sunflower by Post Malone & Swae Lee
    6. Hey Look Ma, I Made It! by Panic! at the Disco

I’m assuming Old Town Road will be (rightfully) placed in Rap Sung, and even if it doesn’t, being a huge hit is not automatically going to get you in (see Perfect last year). I’ll need to see how Don’t Call Me Angel does, but given that Miley, Ariana, and Lana are all past Pop nominees, it could definitely get in.

POP VOCAL ALBUM

1. WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? by Billie Eilish
    2. thank u, next by Ariana Grande
    3. No 6 Collaborations Project by Ed Sheeran
    4. Hurts 2B Human by P!nk
    5. Lover by Taylor Swift
    (6. Happiness Begins by the Jonas Brothers)

I think the JoBros being such heavy contenders in Pop Duo could make them get into Pop Vocal, but that album just felt uneventful. It sold well, and it’s holding on to the top 10, but it’s produced no follow-up hit. They’re definitely fighting for the 5th spot with Taylor, but given her Grammy history, I don’t see her missing. Lover is a flop but it’s still a Taylor Swift project and will probably get decent reviews.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Boz.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  Boz.
    dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt she gets all the nominations but I believe to be such as she will submit as songs of Gaga

INLA – ROTY, Pop Duo and Best Music Written For Visual Media. (will probably just win a nomination on BMWFVM and maybe on Pop Duo)

ARUTW – SOTY and Pop Solo ( here we will probably only have solo pop for gaga)

Gaga is smart and will try to make all her songs win prizes, she should submit it to them this way. Getting Big 4 nominations will be tough, it depends on Grammy’s love of ASIB and whether or not she will release something before September.

pessoalmente duvido que ela vá chegar ao fim do Pop Duo, mas as outras categorias são realmente possíveis.

dOminiK13_
    Participant
    Topics:

BPVA:

• P!nk H2BH

• Ed 6.

• Ariana TUN

• Jonas Brothers HB

• Madonna Madame X

Billie can just go to inde so I won’t put her in here ok, but obviously if she goes to pop she will have her name among the nominees.

Taylor didn’t even release the album, let’s wait.

I have hopes for madonna, I may be delirious but she is a legend.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt she gets all the nominations but I believe to be such as she will submit as songs of Gaga INLA – ROTY, Pop Duo and Best Music Written For Visual Media. (will probably just win a nomination on BMWFVM and maybe on Pop Duo) ARUTW – SOTY and Pop Solo ( here we will probably only have solo pop for gaga) Gaga is smart and will try to make all her songs win prizes, she should submit it to them this way. Getting Big 4 nominations will be tough, it depends on Grammy’s love of ASIB and whether or not she will release something before September. pessoalmente duvido que ela vá chegar ao fim do Pop Duo, mas as outras categorias são realmente possíveis.

is any of the tracks still eligible for best music written for visual media after shallow’s success with the Grammys last season?

I don't know who to STAN yet

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I doubt she gets all the nominations but I believe to be such as she will submit as songs of Gaga INLA – ROTY, Pop Duo and Best Music Written For Visual Media. (will probably just win a nomination on BMWFVM and maybe on Pop Duo) ARUTW – SOTY and Pop Solo ( here we will probably only have solo pop for gaga) Gaga is smart and will try to make all her songs win prizes, she should submit it to them this way. Getting Big 4 nominations will be tough, it depends on Grammy’s love of ASIB and whether or not she will release something before September. pessoalmente duvido que ela vá chegar ao fim do Pop Duo, mas as outras categorias são realmente possíveis.

it’s high time they give Gaga a win the general field. Always remember us this way will be perfect for song of the year. It even appears to be a weak year.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

If ‘Shallow’ couldn’t win ROTY/SOTY, no other track from the soundtrack will.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know what’s the big deal with I’ll never love again, Bradley sings on it a little and the song is credited to both Gaga and Bradley Uptown Funk won and the whole song is just Bruno’s vocals. Same with Nothing Breaks Like A Heart and Find U Again, I’ll never love again features 2 singers while NBLAH is just Miley Cyrus. Same with all of Calvin and Zedd’s song

I understand the comparisons but I didn’t hear Bradley sing on I’ll never love again except during the flashback in the movie. I won’t be mad if the nomination happens though. I’m a Little Monster for life

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes. It has sold more and been streamed more. “I’ll Never Love Again” debuted higher than it on the Hot 100, but “Always Remember Us This Way” has outperformed it every week since.

good. Always remember us this way is easily the best song from the soundtrack.

Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

If ‘Shallow’ couldn’t win ROTY/SOTY, no other track from the soundtrack will.

I have to agree with you. Shallow was it’s best shot at SOTY/ROTY

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 532 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.