Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 490 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +26 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
M
Boz
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

THANK U NEXT is winning best pop vocal album and album of the year. IF I CAN’T HAVE YOU is winning best pop solo performance and getting in the general field. SUCKER is winning best pop duo/group. Billie isn’t beating Ariana LOL

You mean the girl with the album that’s currently #1 almost three months after its release can’t win Best Pop Album?

danvshawnari
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not predicting delicate.. i mean bad guy for best pop solo performance! So I guess I have 4 more spots.

MY predictions

1, always remember us this way – lady gaga

2. thank u next – ariana grande

3. if i can’t have you – shawn mendes

4. walk me home – pink

5. without me – halsey

M
    Participant
    Topics:

How did you change your mind about Bad Guy within 24 hours, suddenly it’ll be left out?

I guess you’re a troll or something.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

My ranking based on likelihood:

Near locks:

1. Without Me: this song has been so big and had such an amazing longevity that I’d be literally shocked if it misses out. If they nominated Closer which was #1, it should be a safe prediction that they’ll nominate this one too.

2. Thank U Next: this is practically a near lock, as long as she doesn’t submit 7 Rings which becomes less likely considering its sound.

3. Bad Guy: this is also a near lock. I’d be shocked if it misses out

Likely/Possible:

4. Lady Gaga – Always Remember Us This Way. Had Gaga not won this category last year, this would also be a safe bet. The song is platinum and Grammy bait. But there’s always a possibility they leave her out here considering she won it last year. Nevertheless, I can see her getting the older vote because it’s a ballad.

5. Shawn Mendes – If I Can’t Have You: This song is skyrocketing on the radio charts and is still doing well on Spotify. I guess it’ll be in, considering it’ll be one of the most played songs of the summer.

6. Katy Perry – Never Really Over: I wanted to put this above Shawn’s, because the song is better, but unfortunately the radios are already dropping it which is unfortunate.

7. Lewis Capaldi – Someone You Loved: This song was huge in the U.K. The british vote alone could propel it to make the top 5.

8. Pink – Walk Me Home: This arguably one of her weakest if not her weakest lead single. I dont really see it getting in, not over Katy Perry, Shawn Mendes and Gaga (for the other likely/possible spots), but anything can happen.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok why are we all forgetting that the Grammys flopped last year according to its standards. They will definately nominate popular singers with big fanbases like Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift to get their ratings up.

Flopped? Didn’t it have an increase in  viewers compared to the year before?

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Actually Grammy’s ratings have gone up this year, just like the Oscars and the Globes, mainly thanks to Gaga’s presence in those events and the hype she gained from ASIB. Even Jimmy Kimmel ratings peaked during her episode lol.

And if the Grammy’s cared about ratings, they would’ve nominated Ed Sheeran in 2018. I don’t know if the new president will care about ratings though. She might.

• This reply was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by  M.
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok why are we all forgetting that the Grammys flopped last year according to its standards. They will definately nominate popular singers with big fanbases like Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift to get their ratings up.

That’s not how the Grammys work. It’s different from the VMAs or Teen Choice Awards. The Academy doesn’t target a specific audience.

If that were the case, One Direction, Selena Gomez, & BTS would’ve been nominees.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

People underestimating Bad Guy in here…

JDM
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol…you’re usually wrong sis. But we all know Shawn and Ariana are both getting nominated.I would literally be in shock if they both didn’t get nominated. Is Billie really a lock for pop solo? Maybe. But I don’t see her being left out. Also I only see MAYBE Shawn and Billie in soty and/or roty but not Ariana. This a very weak year. I’m going to edit my post. Shawn is a predicable nom. But Billie is a predicable winner but not as predicable as Katy not getting nominated.

Ma’am you’re acting as if you’ve been on here for more than 5 days saying Gucci is always wrong… Obvioulsy people agree with him so you should have just sat there and choked on your food!

M
    Participant
    Topics:

People underestimating Bad Guy in here…

While I think Billie is very likely to win Best Pop Vocal Album, I don’t see her winning Best Pop Solo with bad guy yet. The song is very teenish.

Remember we are talking about about voters that are 70% old and white, literally confirmed by the statistics released this year. So more mature songs will probably perform better in this category.

AwardsLover
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie Eilish’s album is as of now doing better than Thank U, Next did after 2 months and Ariana is already an established singer while Billie is a newcomer.

Sure, Ariana has 2 huge hits but Bad Guy is really smashing right now and Ariana kinda feels like old news. Ariana should put out another single because Billie is really the IT girl right now and I see her having a great night in January 2020.

Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    dan
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Shawn and Billie probably

Halsey and Pink maybe

Taylor’s 2nd single and 7th album coming soon

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie probably wont even submit Bad Guy to Pop Solo. But if its Bad Buy vs 7 Rings.. I’d say Bad Guy has the advantage.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 490 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.