Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 153 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
7 hours ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
DC95
M
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

Actually Grammy’s ratings have gone up this year, just like the Oscars and the Globes, mainly thanks to Gaga’s presence in those events and the hype she gained from ASIB. Even Jimmy Kimmel ratings peaked during her episode lol.

And if the Grammy’s cared about ratings, they would’ve nominated Ed Sheeran in 2018. I don’t know if the new president will care about ratings though. She might.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok why are we all forgetting that the Grammys flopped last year according to its standards. They will definately nominate popular singers with big fanbases like Beyonce, Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift to get their ratings up.

That’s not how the Grammys work. It’s different from the VMAs or Teen Choice Awards. The Academy doesn’t target a specific audience.

If that were the case, One Direction, Selena Gomez, & BTS would’ve been nominees.

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

People underestimating Bad Guy in here…

ReplyCopy URL
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol…you’re usually wrong sis. But we all know Shawn and Ariana are both getting nominated.I would literally be in shock if they both didn’t get nominated. Is Billie really a lock for pop solo? Maybe. But I don’t see her being left out. Also I only see MAYBE Shawn and Billie in soty and/or roty but not Ariana. This a very weak year. I’m going to edit my post. Shawn is a predicable nom. But Billie is a predicable winner but not as predicable as Katy not getting nominated.

Ma’am you’re acting as if you’ve been on here for more than 5 days saying Gucci is always wrong… Obvioulsy people agree with him so you should have just sat there and choked on your food!

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

People underestimating Bad Guy in here…

While I think Billie is very likely to win Best Pop Vocal Album, I don’t see her winning Best Pop Solo with bad guy yet. The song is very teenish.

Remember we are talking about about voters that are 70% old and white, literally confirmed by the statistics released this year. So more mature songs will probably perform better in this category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real!  Voters are NOT going to care that “Bad Guy” is teen-ish (whatever that means).  Voters will hop on the Billie Eilish train in Best Pop Solo Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsLover
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie Eilish’s album is as of now doing better than Thank U, Next did after 2 months and Ariana is already an established singer while Billie is a newcomer.

Sure, Ariana has 2 huge hits but Bad Guy is really smashing right now and Ariana kinda feels like old news. Ariana should put out another single because Billie is really the IT girl right now and I see her having a great night in January 2020.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dishaa13
    Participant
    Topics:

Grammys went down by 24% in 2018 which was drastic but it went up a little in 2019. It was not that commercially successful as it used to be previous years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Dan Costa
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Shawn and Billie probably

Halsey and Pink maybe

Taylor’s 2nd single and 7th album coming soon

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie probably wont even submit Bad Guy to Pop Solo. But if its Bad Buy vs 7 Rings.. I’d say Bad Guy has the advantage.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie probably wont even submit Bad Guy to Pop Solo. But if its Bad Buy vs 7 Rings.. I’d say Bad Guy has the advantage.

What would make you assume this?

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

What would make you assume this?

IDK she seems like the type that would submit based on artistic integrity over what’s popular. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised when the submission list comes out and she went with “When the Party’s Over” across the board. But I think she’s in a position where she’ll get in no matter what she submits.

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, I’m sure “Bad Guy” will be submitted to Best Pop Solo Performance as it’s a #2 hit.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

After listening to it and seeing that it will have a massive #1 debut next week, I think I’m now onboard with the thinking that Jonas Brothers are getting into Pop Vocal Album (in addition to Pop Duo/Group for “Sucker”).

Predictions for now…

Pop Solo:
    1) Billie Eilish – “Bad Guy”
    2) Halsey – “Without Me”
    3) Lewis Capaldi – “Someone You Loved”
    4) Ariana Grande – “Thank U, Next”
    5) Katy Perry – “Never Really Over”
    6) Khalid – “Talk” (if submitted)

Pop Duo:
    1) Post Malone & Swae Lee – “Sunflower” (if submitted here and not Rap/Sung)
    2) Jonas Brothers – “Sucker”
    3) Sam Smith & Normani – “Dancing with a Stranger”
    4) Panic! At the Disco – “Hey! Look Ma, I Made It”
    5) Ed Sheeran & Justin Bieber – “I Don’t Care”
    6) P!nk featuring Chris Stapleton – “Love Me Anyway”

7) Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus – “Old Town Road” (if submitted here… but I assume Rap/Sung)

Would love to see BTS x Halsey but I don’t think that will happen.

Pop Album:
    1) Billie Eilish
    2) Ariana Grande
    3) Jonas Brothers
    4) P!nk
    5) Ben Platt

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Ben Platt is NOT getting a Best Pop Vocal Album nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.