Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 490 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +26 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
M
Boz
  • Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

The comparisson with Reputation is not fair honestly.From the singles we got so far, you can notice that her new album will be the opposite of Reputation even though both are pop albums.
    Ariana already won last year and we don´t know how much the grammys like Billie.Taylor Swift is a competitive for the win as both of them.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Thoughts on Charli XCX and Lizzo song?

It’s a bop. Don’t think it would be nominated, but her output has been flames these past few months with Troye Sivan, Lizzo and BTS.

Barnacles Bro

Elusive Chanteuse
    Participant
    Topics:

Thoughts on Charli XCX and Lizzo song?

I really like it. I’m not sure if it will be nominated. Its likelihood of getting nominated is if Atlantic pushes it as a single (radio release, promo, etc.)

isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is trying her hardest… to make sure she doesn’t get any pop nominations let alone GF

OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor better get that money because that gurl ain’t getting shit…

I will always love you

Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor is trying her hardest… to make sure she doesn’t get any pop nominations let alone GF

Yeah. I really don’t see her getting into the GF at this point and think the only nomination she can get is Pop Vocal (it’s too early to tell, but quality will be a defining factor more than ever). This was her opportunity to turn around the mess caused by “ME!,” and she picked the wrong single to do that. I doubt another release can reel the general public back in and that this will perform any better than “ME!” commercially (I suspect it’ll do worse actually, but that’s just speculation).

TheZeitergeist3
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor’s missing everything this year. Me! could maybe get in Pop/Duo but I feel like Gaga has a better chance with INLA (Film Version)

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Unfortunately, I don’t see TS making Pop Solo as of right now: I think these are the songs that are serious contenders: Without Me, Thank U Next, Bad Guy, Always Remember Us This Way, If I Can’t Have You, Never Really Over and Someone You Loved.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

“Never Really Over” is not a serious contender with its current chart trajectory.

“Walk Me Home” and “Broken & Beautiful” are more likely than it.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

“Never Really Over” is not a serious contender with its current chart trajectory. “Walk Me Home” and “Broken & Beautiful” are more likely than it.

Never Really Over is a good song. And just like the Grammy’s nominated “Fall In Line” last year which was a good song, despite its commercial underperformance, I’m pretty sure they can do the same with NRO if they like it.

Also, charts matter in terms of visibility. It’s hard to say that NRO will be unheard of. It peaked at 15 so far which isn’t really bad.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

OK, M thinks “Never Really Over” is a great song – let me add it to my Pop Solo Performance predictions because every Grammy voter thinks like him.

Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think “Never Really Over” will make it, but a lead single from Katy Perry who was nominated thrice on that category is definitely a serious contender.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Katy Perry’s three prior nominations were for #1/#2 hits that ranked among the 15 biggest hits of their respective years, and she has not proven herself to be a Kelly Clarkson or a Lady Gaga who can get name-check nominations with less commercially successful material, so I’m skeptical.

My current top 5 for Pop Solo are “Bad Guy,” “Thank U, Next” (or “7 Rings”), “Always Remember Us This Way,” “Without Me,” and “Walk Me Home.”

M
    Participant
    Topics:

OK, M thinks “Never Really Over” is a great song – let me add it to my Pop Solo Performance predictions because every Grammy voter thinks like him.

I listed 7 songs. Not all of them will get in. Those are the 7 most likely to get in IMO. 2 of them could miss out.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The Grammys never respected Katy Perry like that in the first place. Even in one of the biggest pop eras ever, they still left her in the dust.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 490 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)’ is closed to new replies.