Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

2020 Grammys: Pop Field (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 331 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
23 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
DC95
M
Oz
  • Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The Grammys never respected Katy Perry like that in the first place. Even in one of the biggest pop eras ever, they still left her in the dust.

ReplyCopy URL
    isaiahbravo
    Participant
    Topics:

Sorry Katy… it was worth a shot though

ReplyCopy URL
    Dishaa13
    Participant
    Topics:

Lover broke the first day pre sales record on apple music with 179k and is currently 230k so when it comes out the numbers will be there. This will force the commitee to nominate it in at least one category like they did with reputation. So im betting on lover for pop vocal album

ReplyCopy URL
    Dishaa13
    Participant
    Topics:

POP VOCAL ALBUM

when we all fall asleep, where do we go- WINNER

thank u,next

lover

hapiness begins

hurts 2b human

POP SOLO

thank u, next- WINNER

bad guy

if i cant have you

without me

**open spot**

POP DUO/GROUP

dancing with a stranger- WINNER

ME!

thunderclouds

sucker

nothing breaks like a heart (possibly)

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed Sheeran will be in Pop Duo/Group with whatever he submits. I Don’t Care is already a hit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Hiroshi899
    Participant
    Topics:

POP VOCAL ALBUM when we all fall asleep, where do we go- WINNER thank u,next lover hapiness begins hurts 2b human POP SOLO thank u, next- WINNER bad guy if i cant have you without me **open spot** POP DUO/GROUP dancing with a stranger- WINNER ME! thunderclouds sucker nothing breaks like a heart (possibly)

I don’t see ME! getting a nom and I see sucker maybe winning but I think DWAS is definitely a front runner/dark horse. I also think depending on where Sunflower and OTR are submitted the order could definitely change.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Thunderclouds got submitted last year

ReplyCopy URL
    Dishaa13
    Participant
    Topics:

if thunderclouds got submitted last year then that spot is open. Probably ed will fill it but he isnt a grammy favorite

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

if thunderclouds got submitted last year then that spot is open. Probably ed will fill it but he isnt a grammy favorite

How is Ed Sheeran less of a Grammy favourite than LSD?

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Sam Smith is coming…

Basically this IG page titled “How Do You Sleep” has been made and Sam including his team are following it, it could very likely Be SS3’s lead…

https://twitter.com/samoncharts/status/1140279310768623617?s=21

If this does well, I see Pop Solo Performance in the bag for Sam especially nearing deadline month.

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Tasiandee
    Participant
    Topics:

Both Sam and Normani are preparing to release their first singles… Great news for Dancing With A Stranger..

including his team are following it, it could very likely Be SS3’s

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

There is no way “Thunderclouds” would be nominated if it were eligible. Surely you must be joking?

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

“Never Really Over” is not a serious contender with its current chart trajectory.

“Walk Me Home” and “Broken & Beautiful” are more likely than it.

Huh? What charts are you looking at? The song has only been out for like 2 weeks and it’s already #16 at Top 40 radio with 32 million audience impressions. Plus it’s in the Top 30 of streaming songs. It’s actually doing well so far… so if the Grammys don’t want to nominate it, it’s because they don’t like it, not because of its performance.

And I don’t really get your argument for P!nk’s and Kelly Clarkson’s singles having a better shot when “Never Really Over” has already outperformed both songs on the charts… since you care about “chart trajectory.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Blanche
    Participant
    Topics:

Huh? What charts are you looking at? The song has only been out for like 2 weeks and it’s already #16 at Top 40 radio with 32 million audience impressions. Plus it’s in the Top 30 of streaming songs. It’s actually doing well so far… so if the Grammys don’t want to nominate it, it’s because they don’t like it, not because of its performance.

And I don’t really get your argument for P!nk’s and Kelly Clarkson’s singles having a better shot when “Never Really Over” has already outperformed both songs on the charts… since you care about “chart trajectory.”

The song will drop from the top 15 to outside of the top 30.It’s not doing great, especially when you compare it with her previous singles.

ReplyCopy URL
    Todd Simpson
    Participant
    Topics:

Winner predictions

Pop Vocal Album: I really don’t see Ariana winning this 2 years in a row and the same applies to Billie Eilish winning anything besides BNA. Probably someone who didn’t release yet.

Pop Solo: Thank u, next. Unless they screw up the submission again just like they did with No Tears/GIAW. I don’t see 7 Rings winning if nominated, it’s not a Grammy song. TUN isn’t either, but a win feels less unlikely. If a miracle happens and Katy keeps promoting NRO, she could win her first Grammy because “why not?”, but I’m sure someone big is going to release a lead single before the deadline, so if a ‘veteran’ wins, it’s probably that person(not Bruno because his collaboration with Ed is on the way, but someone like Justin Timberlake could be a possibility).

Pop Duo/Group: Dancing With A Stranger. Dark horse: Sucker.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 331 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.