Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Possible Snubs/Surprises

2020 Grammys: Possible Snubs/Surprises

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Oz
DC95
  • na digga
    Participant
    Topics:

This forum is to discuss what songs and albums do you think will potentially be snubbed or surprisingly nominated for the 2020 Grammys.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Lil Nas X lol

Lizzo most likely

ReplyCopy URL
    Oz
    Participant
    Topics:

Gary Clark Jr, Anderson .Paak, and Lizzo could surprise in the General Field. I could also see Maggie Rogers creeping in.

As of snubs, I wouldn’t be shocked if Ariana or Billie got snubbed in the GF. Same with Gaga.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bernardo Rojas
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Katy Perry can surprise and get a nomination with NRO in Pop Solo

ReplyCopy URL
    Chimichanggas
    Participant
    Topics:

New country artists could show up in the BNA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Shocking I feel that maybe one of the trinity of the year will not be nominated for AOTY this year, which is Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, and Lady Gaga. I remember when we had the discussion on Taylor vs. The Carters and both were shut out, same with Travis Scott and Ariana Grande.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

Lil Nas X being snubbed would be a delight. I also wouldn’t mind if Lizzo wins BNA over Billie at this point because of that trashy remix

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Chubby706.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Chubby706.
    ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Shocking I feel that maybe one of the trinity of the year will not be nominated for AOTY this year, which is Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, and Lady Gaga. I remember when we had the discussion on Taylor vs. The Carters and both were shut out

If one of those three is left out, it will be Gaga. Billie and Ariana are 100% in. But I think Gaga will be nominated as well.

Taylor and The Carters had glaring vulnerabilities. The only reason they were heavily predicted was the power of their names. Taylor’s album was an underperformance and The Carters’ was a total flop. They tend to only nominate artists who are on a career high, breakthrough, or resurgence – Billie, Ariana, and Gaga fit the bill for those.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Shocking I feel that maybe one of the trinity of the year will not be nominated for AOTY this year, which is Billie Eilish, Ariana Grande, and Lady Gaga. I remember when we had the discussion on Taylor vs. The Carters and both were shut out, same with Travis Scott and Ariana Grande.

I wouldn’t put Gaga with the other two. Billie and Ariana are as close to a lock as you can get. Gaga is more of a wild card.

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnlyMe.
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande is left out of the GF.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Lil Nas X being snubbed would be a delight. I also wouldn’t mind if Lizzo wins BNA over Billie at this point because of that trashy remix

Its not her fault the remix was bad lol. honestly I thought it brought more attention to the original anyway. Lizzo has wayyy to many albums and singles released throughout her career to be nominated for BNA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

In the general field, I wouldn’t be surprised if Billie only gets BNA and Ariana gets ROTY only.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Choobyy97.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  Choobyy97.
    ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga, I can see her overperforming, just like I can see her being shut out. It’s the wildcard this year. But seeing how Lion King is underperforming so far, it goes to show that what she achieved with ASIB is extraordinary. Not all soundtracks, even by the biggest names in the industry do as well as ASIB.

Taylor Swift could surprise in the GF, in SoTY or RoTY. It’s a very weak year, and contrary to what people say her songs didn’t really flop. They underperformed but not flopped. She would’ve had two #1s if not for Lil Nas.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    woke
    Participant
    Topics:

^they would have been front loader #1 like reputation lead single. Swift is on a decline and it’s painfully obvious.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift being completely ignored just like last year with Reputation.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.