Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Possible Snubs/Surprises

2020 Grammys: Possible Snubs/Surprises

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 98 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Boz
D
  • Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

We’ve answered this question plenty of times and you keep ignoring it.

oh shit.  well I haven’t seen it then lol

ReplyCopy URL
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope to see the Dolly Parton/Alison Krauss collaboration in there named “If We Don’t”. (smiles)

God bless you and them always!!!

Holly (a fan of Alison for 25 years now)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

ReplyCopy URL
    vinny
    Participant
    Topics:

Panic! At the Disco in Song of the Year for “Hey Look Ma, I Made It.” This category often has somewhat out of left field pop songs that aren’t recognized elsewhere in the general field (“The A Team,” “I Took a Pill in Ibiza,” “Issues,” In My Blood’”) and Panic are the most commercially successful they’ve ever been. They can’t recognize “High Hopes” since it was entered last year, but “Hey Look Ma” is a hit in its own right. With how uncompetitive the category is, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them pop up.

I hope so! Anthing to get him a grammy i am all for

bu

ReplyCopy URL
    D
    Participant
    Topics:

Panic! At the Disco in Song of the Year for “Hey Look Ma, I Made It.” This category often has somewhat out of left field pop songs that aren’t recognized elsewhere in the general field (“The A Team,” “I Took a Pill in Ibiza,” “Issues,” In My Blood’”) and Panic are the most commercially successful they’ve ever been. They can’t recognize “High Hopes” since it was entered last year, but “Hey Look Ma” is a hit in its own right. With how uncompetitive the category is, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them pop up.

I don’t know if “Look Ma” is comparable to those other songs.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

In My Blood, I Took A Pill In Ibiza, and The A Team all follow the same lane of well written folk or pop rock songs. Issues has that, as well as Julia being a songwriter behind the scenes. Hey Look Ma doesn’t really fit the bill that well.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

Jenny Lewis is being underestimated I feel.

I didn’t really care for this particular album but the grammys aren’t exactly known for rewarding alternative acts for their best work anyway

ReplyCopy URL
    Balenciaga
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! Carly Rae Jepsen and Taylor Swift are NOT happening.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

How are you so sure about Taylor Swift. She got into pop vocal  last year with a mediocre album so at least shes getting 1 nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Balenciaga
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Lover is D.O.A. 5-4-3-2, Taylor Swift’s time is up!

ReplyCopy URL
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Snubs:

One of Gaga, Ariana, and Billie gets left out of AOTY

Homecoming is mostly ignored

Tyler is snubbed in AOTY 

I can see all of these snubs happening.

While there are many fans of pop female artists on forums, I’m not sure if we will see 3 out of 8 nominated albums in AOTY being from pop female artists, plus maybe 2 other females artists from other genres. There is a good chance that one of Gaga, Ariana, or Billie misses out.

Homecoming only got a few critics reviews (admittedly very good reviews) and I suspect the Grammys might feel the same way as the critics. They’ve already rewarded those songs and the albums they came from with nominations (and some wins) before and they might not feel obligated to do so again.

I’m not sure about IGOR, perhaps he can pull through, but is Tyler the rap voters choice?

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

ASIB is probably being left out of AOTY, maybe Billie instead

Homecoming not nominated for anything(I hope so because I’m still salty about EIL winning Urban Album when that award should’ve gone to Janelle)

Lover not even nominated for Pop Vocal Album

I can see all these 3 “snubs” happening

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

ASIB is probably being left out of AOTY, maybe Billie instead 

I highly doubt Billie would be left out of AoTY. It’s probably the closest to a lock this year.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

ASIB is probably being left out of AOTY, maybe Billie instead Homecoming not nominated for anything(I hope so because I’m still salty about EIL winning Urban Album when that award should’ve gone to Janelle) Lover not even nominated for Pop Vocal Album I can see all these 3 “snubs” happening

Janelle wasn’t even nominated lol. If anything I personally loved Chloe X Halle’s album and thought that should’ve been the winner. and I doubt name recognition had anything to do them winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Balenciaga
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie Eilish will NOT be left out of Album of the Year.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Janelle wasn’t even nominated lol. If anything I personally loved Chloe X Halle’s album and thought that should’ve been the winner. and I doubt name recognition had anything to do them winning.

She wasn’t nominated because the comittee didn’t want her nominated. She had the votes, or else she wouldn’t have been nominated for AOTY. That’s why I said that I was salty, it came across as something intentional to make room for the Carters victory because the other nominees wouldn’t have an AOTY nom or enough name recognition/momentum to beat the Carters.

They had no competition, of course they’d win, that’s how the R&B field usually works.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.