Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Possible Snubs/Surprises

2020 Grammys: Possible Snubs/Surprises

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Boz
MarinaBelo2
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

In My Blood, I Took A Pill In Ibiza, and The A Team all follow the same lane of well written folk or pop rock songs. Issues has that, as well as Julia being a songwriter behind the scenes. Hey Look Ma doesn’t really fit the bill that well.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

Jenny Lewis is being underestimated I feel.

I didn’t really care for this particular album but the grammys aren’t exactly known for rewarding alternative acts for their best work anyway

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    alex00g2
    Participant
    Topics:

Snubs:

One of Gaga, Ariana, and Billie gets left out of AOTY

Homecoming is mostly ignored

Tyler is snubbed in AOTY 

I can see all of these snubs happening.

While there are many fans of pop female artists on forums, I’m not sure if we will see 3 out of 8 nominated albums in AOTY being from pop female artists, plus maybe 2 other females artists from other genres. There is a good chance that one of Gaga, Ariana, or Billie misses out.

Homecoming only got a few critics reviews (admittedly very good reviews) and I suspect the Grammys might feel the same way as the critics. They’ve already rewarded those songs and the albums they came from with nominations (and some wins) before and they might not feel obligated to do so again.

I’m not sure about IGOR, perhaps he can pull through, but is Tyler the rap voters choice?

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

ASIB is probably being left out of AOTY, maybe Billie instead

Homecoming not nominated for anything(I hope so because I’m still salty about EIL winning Urban Album when that award should’ve gone to Janelle)

Lover not even nominated for Pop Vocal Album

I can see all these 3 “snubs” happening

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

ASIB is probably being left out of AOTY, maybe Billie instead 

I highly doubt Billie would be left out of AoTY. It’s probably the closest to a lock this year.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

ASIB is probably being left out of AOTY, maybe Billie instead Homecoming not nominated for anything(I hope so because I’m still salty about EIL winning Urban Album when that award should’ve gone to Janelle) Lover not even nominated for Pop Vocal Album I can see all these 3 “snubs” happening

Janelle wasn’t even nominated lol. If anything I personally loved Chloe X Halle’s album and thought that should’ve been the winner. and I doubt name recognition had anything to do them winning.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Janelle wasn’t even nominated lol. If anything I personally loved Chloe X Halle’s album and thought that should’ve been the winner. and I doubt name recognition had anything to do them winning.

She wasn’t nominated because the comittee didn’t want her nominated. She had the votes, or else she wouldn’t have been nominated for AOTY. That’s why I said that I was salty, it came across as something intentional to make room for the Carters victory because the other nominees wouldn’t have an AOTY nom or enough name recognition/momentum to beat the Carters.

They had no competition, of course they’d win, that’s how the R&B field usually works.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

I highly doubt Billie would be left out of AoTY. It’s probably the closest to a lock this year.

She could be nominated for everything(ROTY, SOTY, BNA, Pop Vocal or Alternative Album, Music Video) and still miss AOTY. Stranger things have happened. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, I think ASIB’s snub is more likely. I just feel that they won’t snub Ariana again and that one of the three is not gonna get the nomination, I could be wrong, it’s a hunch.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

She could be nominated for everything(ROTY, SOTY, BNA, Pop Vocal or Alternative Album, Music Video) and still miss AOTY. Stranger things have happened. I’m not saying it’s going to happen, I think ASIB’s snub is more likely. I just feel that they won’t snub Ariana again and that one of the three is not gonna get the nomination, I could be wrong, it’s a hunch.

Lmao gurl, you always have negative hunches about Miss Germanotta, but anyways I don’t see her missing.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not betting on ASIB snub. I think it’ll be in.

But I can see why it’s the most vulnerable among the three: the other two were not in the GF last year, whereas Gaga was in two categories. Ariana was straight up snubbed despite having a very successful era. If they snub her again this year, I don’t think she’ll ever be in the GF because this feels like her peak. And usually the Grammy’s nominate artists at their peak.

With that being said, I still all three in AoTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

She wasn’t nominated because the comittee didn’t want her nominated. She had the votes, or else she wouldn’t have been nominated for AOTY. That’s why I said that I was salty, it came across as something intentional to make room for the Carters victory because the other nominees wouldn’t have an AOTY nom or enough name recognition/momentum to beat the Carters. They had no competition, of course they’d win, that’s how the R&B field usually works.

EIL was everything the Urban/Contemporary category is all about. They were also recognized in r&b categories as well. They could’ve won in those but didn’t. EIL winning Urban/contemp was fair. I get what you mean tho.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop has been the year’s top genre, and the Billboard 200 YE will probably have Billie, Ariana, and Gaga in the top 5 if not top 3. They could all get the AOTY nom.

I mean, outside of R&B (Khalid, Lizzo, Paak) and Pop (Ariana, Billie, Gaga), there aren’t that many safe contenders. Hip-hop wise, only Tyler the Creator and 21 Savage seem like the could get in, whereas last year hip hop was the main genre while pop only had 2 relevant albums throughtout the year (Beerbongs and Sweetener).

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

EIL was everything the Urban/Contemporary category is all about. They were also recognized in r&b categories as well. They could’ve won in those but didn’t. EIL winning Urban/contemp was fair. I get what you mean tho.

IMO, EIL is a Rap Album. It should’ve been nominated in Rap, not Urban.

But even if I let that slide, the fact that they didn’t nominate Janelle when she obviously was in the top 15 of Urban(since she was in the top 20 for AOTY) was shady af. It was like they were saying: “We don’t want her winning this shit”, as she was the top contender and they knew that she would be at least competitive for the win. I wouldn’t mind so much if she was nominated and still lost to them, at least I would know it was the voters decision from the start and not them winning just because she was blocked.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  MarinaBelo2.
    • This reply was modified 6 months, 1 week ago by  MarinaBelo2.
    ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Urban Contemporary was definitely stacked to give The Carters a Grammy win. No doubt about it. Miguel was their closest competition, but he was probably a distant second. And Janelle was also blocked on purpose.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.