Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Possible Snubs/Surprises

2020 Grammys: Possible Snubs/Surprises

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Boz
DC95
  • Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Gurl I’m praying Ben Platt can get some noms. He’s literally the type of artist the Grammy’s love, he just needs a bigger commercial push. Still he’s known in the industry so I hope he can surprise.

I said BPVA for that when it came out, his vocals are everything. But I literally forgot about him and put Lizzo in.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that it’s very hard of this to happen but Gaga could get ROTY and SOTY with I’ll Never Love Again and Always Remember Us This Way, respectively (if she doesn’t release nothing for LG6)

I like that you acknowledged the difficulty of this happening! It shows you aren’t a delusional stan. Kudos!

ReplyCopy URL
    caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

Sara Bareilles & the Backstreet Boys will be somewhere in the Pop field.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

Surprises:

Vampire Weekend getting a Record Of The Year and a Song Of The Year for (Harmony Hall)

The 1975 getting a Record Of The Year nomination for (It’s Not Living, If It’s Not With You)

Joji gettinga R&B Nomination for (Slow Dancing In The Dark)

Lizzo winning Best New Artist.

Carly Rea Jepsen getting a Pop Vocal Album Nomination.

Ariana Grande submitting Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored into Pop Solo

Katy Perry getting a Pop Solo Nomination for (Never Really Over)

Snubs: (Not all of them are bad snubs)

Tyler The Creator Not getting a Album Of The Year Nomination.

Lizzo Not getting a Best New Artist Nomination.

Ariana Grande not getting a Record Of The Year or Song Of The Year Nomination.

Solange not getting an Album Of The Year nomination.

Old Town Road (A Very Good Snub)

Miley Cyrus not getting any nomination (Also a Good Snub/ No offense)

Halsey not getting a Song of The Year AND Record Of The Year Nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chubby706
    Participant
    Topics:

^Yes! This sounds perfect. I hope those snubs happen!

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I would not be surprised to see “Doin’ Time” by Lana Del Rey nominated in Best Pop Solo Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana’s not submitting Break Up. That’s not even a possibility. Why the fuck would she submit her song that didn’t peak at #1?

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Artists make bad submissions all the time, including Ariana this past year. We’ll see what ends up happening.

The smart move would be to enter “7 Rings” in ROTY and “Thank U, Next” everywhere else, but who knows if they’ll do that.

ReplyCopy URL
    MarinaBelo2
    Participant
    Topics:

Artists make bad submissions all the time, including Ariana this past year. We’ll see what ends up happening. The smart move would be to enter “7 Rings” in ROTY and “Thank U, Next” everywhere else, but who knows if they’ll do that.

I think they’ll submit 7 Rings to ROTY and Pop Solo(like GIAW) and TUN to SOTY(like NTLTC).

With those submissions, she’s probably going home empty handed, btw.

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think she’s winning anything this year regardless of her submissions. She has tougher competition than last year. But it wouldn’t hurt to be strategic with them just in case a frontrunner falters.

ReplyCopy URL
    Get Real!
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana Grande NOT getting Record of the Year and/or Song of the Year nominations would only be a surprise to her delusional fans. She’s no Grammy darling.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marlon G
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana’s not submitting Break Up. That’s not even a possibility. Why the fuck would she submit her song that didn’t peak at #1?

Why would she submit God is A Woman instead of No Tears Left To Cry into Pop Solo this year even though it charted lower than NTLTC? She made the mistake last year who knows if she’s going to do it again this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

She submitted giaw to roty as well and ntltc to soty. A really bad choice.

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

I would not be surprised to see “Doin’ Time” by Lana Del Rey nominated in Best Pop Solo Performance.

I love the song, but what’s the narrative? It didn’t chart on the Hot 100 or pop radio (it did make it on to rock radio though), and she’s never been nominated in Pop Solo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Why would she submit God is A Woman instead of No Tears Left To Cry into Pop Solo this year even though it charted lower than NTLTC? She made the mistake last year who knows if she’s going to do it again this year.

Because God is a woman was peaking on Pop radio at the time of voting. She made sure to submit something that wad popular at the time.

Break Up already left the Hot 100 while 7 rings is charting. Either she’ll submit that or thank u next.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.