Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Possible Snubs/Surprises

2020 Grammys: Possible Snubs/Surprises

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Pauly Antonio
Boz
MarinaBelo2
  • MG
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana’s not submitting Break Up. That’s not even a possibility. Why the fuck would she submit her song that didn’t peak at #1?

Why would she submit God is A Woman instead of No Tears Left To Cry into Pop Solo this year even though it charted lower than NTLTC? She made the mistake last year who knows if she’s going to do it again this year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

I would not be surprised to see “Doin’ Time” by Lana Del Rey nominated in Best Pop Solo Performance.

I love the song, but what’s the narrative? It didn’t chart on the Hot 100 or pop radio (it did make it on to rock radio though), and she’s never been nominated in Pop Solo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Why would she submit God is A Woman instead of No Tears Left To Cry into Pop Solo this year even though it charted lower than NTLTC? She made the mistake last year who knows if she’s going to do it again this year.

Because God is a woman was peaking on Pop radio at the time of voting. She made sure to submit something that wad popular at the time.

Break Up already left the Hot 100 while 7 rings is charting. Either she’ll submit that or thank u next.

ReplyCopy URL
    MG
    Participant
    Topics:

It really didn’t make sense. No Tears Left To Cry would’ve gotten a Nomination still and It would have won as well.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

It really didn’t make sense. No Tears Left To Cry would’ve gotten a Nomination still and It would have won as well.

No, it wouldn’t. Gaga’s hype was way too big either way.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I love the song, but what’s the narrative? It didn’t chart on the Hot 100 or pop radio (it did make it on to rock radio though), and she’s never been nominated in Pop Solo.

It’s a cover of a well known song, her biggest hit on alternative radio, Beck just got in with an alternative radio only hit this past year, and Lana has been nominated in the pop field a few times.

I’m not necessarily saying it will get nominated, but it could.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s a cover of a well known song, her biggest hit on alternative radio, Beck just got in with an alternative radio only hit this past year, and Lana has been nominated in the pop field a few times.

The original peaked at 87 or something like that. Doin Time is more of a classic among rock nerds than pop voters, so I don’t see it happening.

That said, it is better than most contenders, so I hope it happens.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

You could say the same thing about “Dearest.”

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope it gets in, in my opinion it’s better than all of the contenders except maybe “thank u, next.” I’d still put her behind Gaga, Billie, Ariana, Halsey, Shawn, Taylor, and Katy (possibly Sam as well depending on how his new single performs), but I won’t completely rule Lana out.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

I think that it’s very hard of this to happen but Gaga could get ROTY and SOTY with I’ll Never Love Again and Always Remember Us This Way, respectively (if she doesn’t release nothing for LG6)

that will be well deserved. Time to start heating it up for MOTHER MONSTER

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

ReplyCopy URL
    CarlosEdu21
    Participant
    Topics:

Maggie Rogers’ “Heard It In a Past Life” in AOTY could be a big surprise and Maggie probably will be nominated in BNA.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.