Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 10)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 10)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 539 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Oblivion
Babygirl
  • River
    Participant
    Topics:

Pitchfork listed the best and worst songs that were nominated

BEST: Norman Fucking Rockwell!, Ballin’, I’m On My Way, Roll Some Mo, History Repeats, Work It (Soulwax Remix), Drip Too Hard, Bad Guy, Suge.

WORST: Señorita, No Guidance, Spirit, Pretty Waste, Bad Idea, Someone You Loved, Always Remember Us This Way.

Finally someone who sees how boring and cliché ARUTW is and knows that it’s far from being the best SOTY contender.

bctdocinha
    Participant
    Topics:

“Taylor Swift won’t perform at the 2020 #GRAMMYs . Variety reveals that Taylor was supposed to sing “The Man” but dropped out of her performance following the allegations flying back and forth between the Academy trustees and ousted CEO Deborah Dugan.”
    https://twitter.com/tchartswift/status/1220805713024442375?s=21

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  bctdocinha.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  bctdocinha.
    Religion
    Participant
    Topics:

Pitchfork listed the best and worst songs that were nominated BEST: Norman Fucking Rockwell!, Ballin’, I’m On My Way, Roll Some Mo, History Repeats, Work It (Soulwax Remix), Drip Too Hard, Bad Guy, Suge. WORST: Señorita, No Guidance, Spirit, Pretty Waste, Bad Idea, Someone You Loved, Always Remember Us This Way. Finally someone who sees how boring and cliché ARUTW is and knows that it’s far from being the best SOTY contender.

Pitchfork always has taste

Mary J
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real!  Ariana or Lana will NOT upset in Album of the Year.  The delusion has got to stop.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/taylor-swift-exits-planned-unannounced-grammy-performance-1203478940/

Taylor Swift canceled an unannounced performance.

We love a woke smart queen. She realized it’s not going to be cute singing a female empowerment anthem on a show corrupted by toxic sexist white men.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is everyone on this forum predicting Truth Hurts to win SOTY. “Bad Guy” is a bigger hit (especially worldwide) and more acclaimed/memorable overall. Plus, Billie has way more hype and her album is way more competitive. I just don’t understand, if Billie wins BNA+AOTY, she’s definitelt beating Lizzo in SOTY. Also, Billie campaigned way more.

Girl it’s just a prediction ……. anything can happen this year … you making it seem like we’re predicting HER

#howrudeofme

Mary J
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, see a few posts above.  Someone already posted that Taylor Swift canceled an unannounced performance.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

It doesn’t matter what Pitchfork thinks of ARUTW.

They can stay pressed that homegirl raked in Grammy’s, Golden Globes and an Oscar this decade and is about to become double digit winner, and got nominated in SoTY the second time in a row with an album track this time.

They’re irrelevant. Also I’ll take the fact they think ARUTW as the worst SoTY nominee as a compliment when they think that the best SoTY nominee is “Bad Guy”.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, see a few posts above. Someone already posted that Taylor Swift canceled an unannounced performance.

So what? I added my commentary about the issue. I know it triggers you to see Taylor Swift’s name.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

ARUTW is a great ballad and would not be a bad winner.. for me at least. I like every song in contention.

Best Music Video nominees are sorta great this year I’ve watched all of them and “OTR” is definitely winning…

If they wanted to pull a upset/ I would bet on the artsy “Cellophane”. I doubt they wanna repeat the “TIA” train

Glad He’s Gone is a great video too but the nomination was good enough. Not worth a win.

#howrudeofme

bctdocinha
    Participant
    Topics:

Vanity Fair’s Prediction:

AOTY: Billie Eilish – WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?
    ROTY: Lil Nas X & Billy Ray Cyrus – Old Town Road (Remix)
    SOTY: Lana Del Rey – Norman Fucking Rockwell!
    BNA: Lizzo

Bernardo Rojas
    Participant
    Topics:

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/taylor-swift-exits-planned-unannounced-grammy-performance-1203478940/ Taylor Swift canceled an unannounced performance. We love a woke smart queen. She realized it’s not going to be cute singing a female empowerment anthem on a show corrupted by toxic sexist white men.

or maybe she’s just skipping because she knows she’s going emptyhanded

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor could fart and people would blame global warming on her. She’s someone they love to hate. So this scandal probably helped her make the decision. Altho indeed she didn’t have much at stake so it was easy to pull out anyway.

Mary J
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Pitchfork is definitely right about this:

WORST: Señorita, No Guidance, Spirit, Pretty Waste, Bad Idea, Someone You Loved, Always Remember Us This Way.

fortunesfool
    Participant
    Topics:

So she agreed to perform, started rehearsing, clearing her schedule, etc then a week before the show realized she wasn’t going to win anything?? You can do better.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 539 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 10)’ is closed to new replies.