Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 529 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Darren
Oblivion
  • Profile picture
    mnk7
    Topics:

Is her life even documentary worthy? Like what’s the story to be told there?

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Well it makes sense because the costs of the production will be very low outside of Billie’s $25 million payday, they are already doing a huge tour so all they really need to do is pay for a film crew to follow her around for a few months. and her name recognition and built in fan base will make the documentary succeed.

And while I do think Billie is in the top three most likely to win AOTY (Lana, Lizzo, Billie), I still don’t see her as a “musician’s artist”. Yeah she is the biggest pop star of the year by far, but the voters are musical artists, and if they don’t respect her as an actual musician or at least performer, then they won’t vote for her. Period.

Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

And while I do think Billie is in the top three most likely to win AOTY (Lana, Lizzo, Billie),.

what will it take??

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I’ll be convinced Billie has the voter support to win when she actually wins lol. I don’t think it’s unlikely, I just also don’t think she’s some unbeatable frontrunner when Lana and Lizzo are more of artist’s artists.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Billie winning 6/6 is far more realistic then Lana winning 1 Grammy. Get real.

Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

So I guess I was the only one who noticed a camera crew following Billie everywhere this whole year huh??!!

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by DYNASTY.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by DYNASTY.

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Is her life even documentary worthy? Like what’s the story to be told there?

She’s one of the biggest artists in the world right now so I’d say yes.

Profile picture
    alex00g2
    Topics:

Billie Eilish Lands Massive Payday ($25M) for Apple TV+ Documentary For those that wanna keep doubting Billie lol

Isn’t that about 10 x the advance she got from her label? Great for her if she get a deal like that, but how is one TV documentary worth so much more than her recording contract?

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Isn’t that about 10 x the advance she got from her label? Great for her if she get a deal like that, but how is one TV documentary worth so much more than her recording contract?

Apple is desperate to make Apple TV+ a thing, so of course they’ll dump money to the current biggest pop star to bring in views and subscribers. This is a trillion dollar company we are talking about.

Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

For the billionth time, Lana Del Rey isn’t happening in AOTY.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

what will it take??

😂😂. Delusion at its best.

Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

AMAs, Vogue cover, Christmas song and video release tonight, Netflix doc and Cats release. Taylor is doing a lot. Since making a public statement against the sabotage from Scott and Scooter she also has a narrative of conquering over the evil business men. I do think she’ll end top 3 in SOTY and could be a spoiler for the win.

Profile picture
    Oblivion
    Topics:

Rolling Stones just named ”thank u, next” the best album released in 2019.

Profile picture
    Pauly Antonio
    Topics:

NYtimes just named WWAFA,WDWG? the best album of 2019.

WWAFA,WDWG? is also #1 on Billboards year end.

y'all ugly and smelly

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Well it makes sense because the costs of the production will be very low outside of Billie’s $25 million payday, they are already doing a huge tour so all they really need to do is pay for a film crew to follow her around for a few months. and her name recognition and built in fan base will make the documentary succeed.

And while I do think Billie is in the top three most likely to win AOTY (Lana, Lizzo, Billie), I still don’t see her as a “musician’s artist”. Yeah she is the biggest pop star of the year by far, but the voters are musical artists, and if they don’t respect her as an actual musician or at least performer, then they won’t vote for her. Period.

These musicians already voted her into Pop Vocal Album, a category Lana did not get in, as well as her album having some of the best production and engineering of the year. Without a committee, Lana would have zero nominations this year. She’s not in the race. Let it go.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.