Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 529 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Darren
Oblivion
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

ASIB is #3 on its second-year YEC. I kinda expected it to be #5 or #6.

Damn it really sold a lot. Too bad they snubbed it. They better not nominate any soundtrack in the near future, because if one truly deserved to be nominated it’s ASIB.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

NYtimes just named WWAFA,WDWG? the best album of 2019. WWAFA,WDWG? is also #1 on Billboards year end.

Thank u, next is at #2. Thanks for proving what I’ve been saying for weeks now: AOTY will either go to Billie or Ariana, I guarantee this. Nobody else will get it.

CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

“Xanny” music video is terrible. I really hope the Grammys won’t let her sweep.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank u, next is at #2. Thanks for proving what I’ve been saying for weeks now: AOTY will either go to Billie or Ariana, I guarantee this. Nobody else will get it.

So it’ll go to Billie.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

If RS or NYT lists mattered, Invasion Of Privacy or Dirty Computer would’ve won last year, but neither did.

It won’t matter. Critics may influence the committee a bit (though sometimes they ignore them, like how they nominated 7 and B&B etc..). But they don’t matter when it comes to actual voting.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

These musicians already voted her into Pop Vocal Album, a category Lana did not get in, as well as her album having some of the best production and engineering of the year. Without a committee, Lana would have zero nominations this year. She’s not in the race. Let it go.

Hope is a dangerous thing for Lana fans to have but they have it.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Last year’s AOTY winner didn’t even chart on the year-end Billboard 200.

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

ASIB is #3 on its second-year YEC. I kinda expected it to be #5 or #6.

Damn it really sold a lot. Too bad they snubbed it. They better not nominate any soundtrack in the near future, because if one truly deserved to be nominated it’s ASIB.

why do I keep seeing this about ASIB? Aside from Shallow, ARUTW and the final ballad, the album as a whole is a bore fest. A lot of the tracks sound like Joanne bsides. The biggest snub for a soundtrack this decade was Frozen. Period.

Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

why do I keep seeing this about ASIB? Aside from Shallow, ARUTW and the final ballad, the album as a whole is a bore fest. A lot of the tracks sound like Joanne bsides. The biggest snub for a soundtrack this decade was Frozen. Period.

What?! At least ASIB is listenable and have some very good songs on it. The Frozen soundtrack is cringy as hell.

Tommy
    Participant
    Topics:

So it’ll go to Billie.

LOL. I honestly cannot see a situation where Ariana wins AOTY.

Honesty Only

Lotus
    Participant
    Topics:

Rolling Stone must be doing hardcore drugs if they think Ariana had the best album of 2019.

redcarpetfan
    Participant
    Topics:

Sorry but Billies got no chance at winning AOTY.
    Billie is not on same level as Amy Winehouse, Adele, Lorde by a loooooong shoot.
    Ariana Grande through has everything going for her and I’d do as far in saying she is front runner for AOTY or ROTY at lease.

fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s hilarious how there is not even close to a consensus this year, and no matter who you pick someone will call you delusional.

Lotus
    Participant
    Topics:

For AOTY, you’re only delusional if you pick Ariana Grande, H.E.R., Lil Nas X or Lana Del Rey.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Things I’m hoping to see on January 26th:

Vampire Weekend winning AoTY.

Old Town Road taking RoTY? I guess the lineup is shitty. I would’ve voted for Truth Hurts or Sunflower but they don’t stand a chance.

Any song BUT Bad Guy in SoTY. I literally don’t care who wins. While I don’t think Bad Guy lyrics are creepy or anything, I just find them to be the least impressive in this category.

Lizzo taking BNA. It’ll be really nice to see a woman of color win in the GF again.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.