Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 529 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Darren
Oblivion
  • Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie is getting a ton of publicity right now defending her Gaga meat dress comments. #BillieEilishIsOverParty is trending WW, but filled with tweets defending her.

Not that social media and news means anything for the Grammys, but she’s really making sure to stay in the public eye during voting period.

Lotus
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie is way ahead of Ariana in all 4 of their nominated categories.  Billie is also way ahead of Taylor in all 3 of their nominated categories.  Billie is also way ahead of Lana in both their nominated categories.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

You guys are really setting yourselves up for disappointment by being so sure about Billie winning everything.

There is a chance Ariana upsets in Pop Vocal. And you’d end up looking stupid if that happens after you’ve been saying for months that it’d never happen.

Objectively speaking, Billie is #1 on YEC. Ariana is #2. Billie spawned one top 10 hit from this album, also a #1. Ariana spawned two #1 singles and another #2. Both are critically acclaimed.

So let’s stop pretending she’ll run away with the vote. I think it’ll be close.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    fatma667
    Participant
    Topics:

Because Lizzo and Billie are two relatively new artists, I could see the Grammy’s not wanting to put all their eggs in one basket and let one of the two sweep their categories. What if they become a one hit wonder and they just won 6 Grammys? Makes more sense to give a couple to each at this early stage of their career and see what happens. Album to Billie, Record to Lizzo and Song to Taylor or Tanya.

The Recording Academy really cares about their reputation and splitting it up covers all bases.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  fatma667.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  fatma667.
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie is getting a ton of publicity right now defending her Gaga meat dress comments. #BillieEilishIsOverParty is trending WW, but filled with tweets defending her.

Please. Voters don’t give a shit what stans say. I mean everyday someone is being canceled on twitter. It won’t matter. (Also it’s not trending, “Liam Is canceled” is..)

Twitter gossip has no influence. I do think things as big as TS’ feud with BML can sway the voters, because a lot of industry figures weighed in, but stans on twitter? no way.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Because Lizzo and Billie are two relatively new artists, I could see the Grammy’s not wanting to put all their eggs in one basket and let one of the two sweep their categories. What if they become a one hit wonder and they just won 6 Grammys? Makes more sense to give a couple to each at this early stage of their career and see what happens. Album to Billie, Record to Lizzo and Song to Taylor or Tanya. The Recording Academy really cares about their reputation and splitting it up covers all bases.

If a commitee was deciding then yes I’m pretty sure they’d split the wealth this year, but they can’t really control a mass voting audience to vote this way.

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

I really really hope Ariana Grande gets AOTY. That woman is so incredibly strong. She had a terrorist attack at her concert, a failed engagement and the passing of a loved one and STILL managed to release her best and most critically acclaimed album yet. Beautiful.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

I really really hope Ariana Grande gets AOTY. That woman is so incredibly strong. She had a terrorist attack at her concert, a failed engagement and the passing of a loved one and STILL managed to release her best and most critically acclaimed album yet. Beautiful.

Not you including the failed engagement when she got engaged to Pete 2 minutes into the relationship.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

FYI, if you’re rich, you can have dinner with the Grammy’s president:
    https://www.charitybuzz.com/catalog_items/lunch-with-deborah-dugan-president-ceo-of-recording-1903388

Maybe you can get to ask a lot of questions about the committee process and such.

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

Not you including the failed engagement when she got engaged to Pete 2 minutes into the relationship.

And? She was deeply in love with him obviously (cf. Sweetener). They could have engaged half a second after meeting and it still would have been horrible for her to end it all. The fact that she works through it all via music is just beautiful to me and definitely Grammy worthy.

River
    Participant
    Topics:

The way you say makes “thank u, next” look like a Nick Cave album when it definitely is not.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

And? She was deeply in love with him obviously (cf. Sweetener). They could have engaged half a second after meeting and it still would have been horrible for her to end it all. The fact that she works through it all via music is just beautiful to me and definitely Grammy worthy.

She been through all that to have her album promoted by an emotionless song saying bye to her exes, a rich bitch anthem and a song about wanting a boy in a relationship to fuck her. Hmm.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Voters don’t care about spreading the wealth. That’s why sweeps are relatively common.

Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

Please. Voters don’t give a shit what stans say. I mean everyday someone is being canceled on twitter. It won’t matter.

I’m struggling to see where I said voters will care about what stans online are saying. I’m simply saying this gives Billie more publicity during the voting period, as media is beginning to pick it up.

Similar situation to the Ariana’s social media drama last year with Pete/Kanye/mental health/suicide getting publications talking, and giving her publicity. The publicity that lead in part Sweetener winning Pop Vocal.

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

She been through all that to have her album promoted by an emotionless song saying bye to her exes, a rich bitch anthem and a song about wanting a boy in a relationship to fuck her. Hmm.

You clearly don’t understand any of these songs. First of all, thank u, next is absolutely a beautiful song, through and through. Other people insult and trash their exes on every single and song but now that Ariana Grande gracefully thanks them for what she has learned through them, it is a bad thing? She’s not saying bye, she’s saying thank you. There’s way more to the ”rich bitch anthem” than you think, it is her way of coping with all the emotional trauma (cf. ”think retail therapy my new addiction”), which she showed multiple times in real life, for example when she was seen with three huge Gucci (or Chanel?) bags after the failed engagement. I can understand the last point, but if you watched the video to that song you would actually know that SHE is the girlfriend that she wants him to break up with because she is bored and wants to care more about herself.

You really only see and hear what you want to see and hear when there’s so much more to it. Plus those are the radio singles, of course they are meant to be more appealing to the general public. There is songs likes ”ghostin”, ”needy”, ”imagine”, ”in my head” and even ”NASA” on the album, all very emotional and meaningful tracks that you purposely decide to leave out.

In my opinion, ghostin alone deserves the Grammy. So beautifully sad.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Oblivion.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Oblivion.
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.