Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 529 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Darren
Oblivion
  • Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Gayle King interviewing Billie and Finneas… love to see it.

CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

Gayle King interviewing Billie and Finneas… love to see it.

Omg, can they please leave already. I mean they are so so thirsty and campaigning like crazy. Ugh!

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Omg, can they please leave already. I mean they are so so thirsty and campaigning like crazy. Ugh!

Gotta do what you gotta do.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’ve really never seen someone campaign for the Grammys as much as Billie. Even Lizzo isnt doing that much. Like they really care about it a bit too much.

Lotus
    Participant
    Topics:

Chile, let Billie get her life.  Ain’t nothing wrong with campaigning.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

If she actually sweeps at the Grammy’s, it could really elevate her career and open even more doors so it makes sense.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

If she does not take AOTY at this point, it would be really sad lol! She’s done the upmost atm! And Anti-Ariana rhetoric is sad. Ms Ponytail is right behind Billie in many of the GF/Genre. To not think that she can’t pull an upset against Ms Edgy would be dumbfounded.

Barnacles Bro

ayanami
    Participant
    Topics:

If she actually sweeps at the Grammy’s, it could really elevate her career and open even more doors so it makes sense.

No the GP will cancel her like they do everyone who sweeps. She will lose her underdog status. I say this as someone who’s hated the reaction to Adele and Bruno’s sweeps. It’s kinda unfair criticisms imo.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

She is not going to sweep. The backlash from that will be huge. There are mainly 3 new artists competing for some GF wins. One is white and two are black. If the white artist sweeps and the other two get 0 do I need to explain how the public will feel about that?

Noah Sims
    Participant
    Topics:

At this point, Billie is just desperate and it shows which I can’t really blame her since it’s her first nominations. However, I honestly don’t think the Grammy voters are going to buy into their desperation because you can tell Billie and Finneas are forcing it. Adele didn’t do this much campaigning at ALL because she was on tour during the Grammy’s voting process and she still won all her GF and genre categories. Moral of the story: the Grammy voters will choose who they want but not by how much campaigning someone does. They go by their own politics.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Noah Sims.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Noah Sims.
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

I’d love Ariana or Lana to take AOTY. Only because they are doing the least campaigning, and letting their work speak for itself.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>If she actually sweeps at the Grammy’s, it could really elevate her career and open even more doors so it makes sense.</p>

Idk about that. Norah Jones swept, and she did well in her career, but her career wasn’t really “elevated” in the long run. She did get a boost after sweeping, which was expected.

The only swept I can think of that really catapulted someone is Adele, but she didn’t really need it considering how massive 21 was before the Grammys.

JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

Idk about that. Norah Jones swept, and she did well in her career, but her career wasn’t really “elevated” in the long run. She did get a boost after sweeping, which was expected.

The only swept I can think of that really catapulted someone is Adele, but she didn’t really need it considering how massive 21 was before the Grammys.

i doubt Billie will sweep. It seems like it’s inevitable when an artist will sweep. Bruno was already a previous general field winner and an established artist in the industry. Adele swept but it she was a previous winner too, 21 was a massive album even bigger than Billie. 21 had two #1 hits and a third hit “Set Fire to the rain” peaking just in time for the Grammys. But we all knew damn well Adele had it in the bag since the release of 21. I just don’t see why the academy would reward Billy with all the Grammys she’s nominated. It’s not like she’s the only artist who made an impact and defined 2019. She can’t sing, yeah her sound is fresh but it’s not the music that normally wins in the general field. This year the wealth will be spread

Lotus
    Participant
    Topics:

I bet you girls would cream your pants if Ariana swept.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

I bet you girls would cream your pants if Ariana swept.

I would barf

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.