Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 529 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Darren
Oblivion
  • kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Final Round Voting has started ! Thank God.

That means Taylor will reignite scooter drama or something

JakeFake16
    Participant
    Topics:

If the Grammys didn’t care about the actual negative press of snubbing Bey and Kendrick in AOTY 3 years in a row, they for sure won’t care about not awarding Ariana this year.

More like 5 years (2014-2018)

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like there really is a HIGH chance Ariana will walk away with no awards this year, but I worry it will give The Grammys negative press? Would they care?

Why would there be negative press? There are tons of artists who leave the Grammys each year with several nominations and no wins.

fatma667
    Participant
    Topics:

Not that there was that much debate in the country categories, but Tanya Tucker’s While I’m Livin’ was just announced by Rolling Stone as the Country/Americana Album of the Year https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country-lists/40-best-country-and-americana-albums-of-2019-920497/tanya-tucker-while-im-livin-2-920556/

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana was definitely snubbed at this year’s Grammys. How no tears left to cry missed ROTY and God is a woman missed Best Music Video is a mystery to me.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Oblivion.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Oblivion.
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Is this looking more and more likely? I hate it, but I’m afraid that unless Lizzo wins BNA, she’s unlikely to win any other categories where Billie is competing.

Album of the Year: When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
    Record of the Year: Old Town Road
    Song of the Year: Bad Guy
    Best New Artist: Billie Eilish
    Best Pop Solo Performance: Bad Guy
    Best Pop Vocal Album: When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?
    Best Pop Duo/GP Performance: Old Town Road

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie is performing and doing Carpool Karaoke tonight on the Late Late Show with none other than Alicia Keys (Grammys host) hosting it….

shes not stopping. Anyone know of any other plans Lizzo has in store other than SNL (and her GAH MV?)

y'all ugly and smelly

NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

Lol Billie

M
    Participant
    Topics:

I was initially rooting for her. But now I hope this desperation backfires.

Like “oh we wouldn’t have been disappointed if we weren’t nominated… I wouldn’t wake up early for the Grammy’s..” then few days later, she literally starts campaigning like no one else in history ever did lol.

If you care that much about the gold don’t bullshit us about it.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

I was initially rooting for her. But now I hope this desperation backfires. Like “oh we wouldn’t have been disappointed if we weren’t nominated… I wouldn’t wake up early for the Grammy’s..” then few days later, she literally starts campaigning like no one else in history ever did lol. If you care that much about the gold don’t bullshit us about it.

This is more her label than her I feel like

y'all ugly and smelly

M
    Participant
    Topics:

This is more her label than her I feel like

They certainly arranged the appearences yes, but based on her input and what she wanna do.

If she wanted to work on another album now and take time off she could’ve. But I’m pretty sure she wants to campaign and she wants to win.

Who knows if she’ll ever receive this many nominations in her career ever again. So she doesn’t wanna miss the chance.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Lizzo was campaign at the Lakers game

Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie is performing and doing Carpool Karaoke tonight on the Late Late Show with none other than Alicia Keys (Grammys host) hosting it….

LMAOO! Billie is killing me! The girl is desperate, but I understand. If I was in the same spot, I’d be doing the same.

It will be interesting to see if this aggressive Oscar-like campaigning works out for her. I still feel like the best Grammy “campaign” is just to have a current radio hit during noms (which Lizzo has right now), but we’ll see.

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

A hit helps but likability is big part of winning the big Grammys. So these interviews are a great way for that. Unfortunately, not knowing who Van Halen or Run DMC are is not a good look.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Yea her recent interviews aren’t helping, especially the Variety one where she said she only watches the Grammy’s to judge girls dresses and that she didn’t care about the music.

It gives the impression that she’s shady and rude. Her brother kinda made it worse with how he made fun of Gaga’s 2011 Grammy look. Although I think it was a harmless joke, it probably wasn’t a good idea.

I think for Billie when you just watch her music videos or listen to her music, it leaves a much better impression than watching her interviews. She just doesn’t seem likeable in the interviews. She should just let her art speak for her without overexposing herself.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  M.
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.