Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 529 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Darren
Oblivion
  • Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

Unfortunately, not knowing who Van Halen

Is this a serious issue? She’s 17, not 47. She wasn’t even a fetus when they were last relevant.

Yea her recent interviews aren’t helping, especially the Variety one where she said she only watches the Grammy’s to judge girls dresses and that she didn’t care about the music.

Again, is this a serious issue? She’s like any other teen girl (or grown gay man) commenting on the outfits of millionaire pop girls. It’s hardly something serious.

If the Grammys don’t care when artists have legal trouble or drug addictions, then they won’t care for what jokes Billie makes on an interview.

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Is this a serious issue? She’s 17, not 47. She wasn’t even a fetus when they were last relevant.

It’s not a huge issue no but I do think a musician should know a lot of the big names before her. She’s 17, not 7. Van Halen may be debatable but Run DMC is not. I’m not even a musician yet I knew plenty of names from the 60s/70s/80s who were relevant before I was born. Because I’m interested in music.

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie has the opportunity to break a lot of records with her wins: youngest AOTY winner, could even be the first person since Christopher Cross to sweep the GF. She’s competitive in every single category and her label is really jumping on that.

caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

Tanya Tucker scheduled a tweet using thanking the Academy for her nominations for today, the day voting began. Not saying that she stands a chance at winning SOTY, but I found that funny.

nominated songwriter Brandi Carlile, who unlike Tanya is very active on Twitter, replied to her apparently unaware of that. lmao

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

If she wanted to work on another album now and take time off she could’ve. But I’m pretty sure she wants to campaign and she wants to win.

Why would she stop promoting her hit album that’s about to be re-released right before the holidays? Try to make a little bit of sense.

James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

Not that there was that much debate in the country categories, but Tanya Tucker’s While I’m Livin’ was just announced by Rolling Stone as the Country/Americana Album of the Year https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country-lists/40-best-country-and-americana-albums-of-2019-920497/tanya-tucker-while-im-livin-2-920556/

Thanks for the awesome news! (clapping with a big smile)

Tanya Tucker scheduled a tweet using thanking the Academy for her nominations for today, the day voting began. Not saying that she stands a chance at winning SOTY, but I found that funny.

nominated songwriter Brandi Carlile, who unlike Tanya is very active on Twitter, replied to her apparently unaware of that. lmao

Maybe Tanya was thinking of her ACM award win for Video of the Year in the spring of 1993. (smiles)

God bless you two and Miss T always!!!

Holly (a fan of her since 1991)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

Lotus
    Participant
    Topics:

Girl, please!  If Ariana, Beyoncé, Gaga, and Taylor were campaigning like Billie, y’all wouldn’t say a damn thing.  Voters won’t give a shit that Billie doesn’t know who Run DMC and Van Halen are. 

Billie is young. Who knows if she’ll have this Grammy opportunity again.  She’s smart to capitalize off this moment.  Y’all come up with anything to discredit this girl.

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Girl, please! If Ariana, Beyoncé, Gaga, and Taylor were campaigning like Billie, y’all wouldn’t say a damn thing. Voters won’t give a shit that Billie doesn’t know who Run DMC and Van Halen are. Billie is young. Who knows if she’ll have this Grammy opportunity again. She’s smart to capitalize off this moment. Y’all come up with anything to discredit this girl.

Says the person who doesn’t even acknowledge Grammy wins from artists they don’t like as actual Grammy wins.

Oscars FYC.

Parasite — Best Picture, Original Screenplay, Film Editing
    Bong Joon Ho — Best Director
    Florence Pugh — Best Supporting Actress
    Charlize Theron — Best Actress
    Avengers Endgame — Visual Effects
    JoJo Rabbit — Adapted Screenplay

Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sure we’ve established that Billie is campaigning extremely hard. So there’s no longer reason to update us on everything she does.

Oscars FYC.

Parasite — Best Picture, Original Screenplay, Film Editing
    Bong Joon Ho — Best Director
    Florence Pugh — Best Supporting Actress
    Charlize Theron — Best Actress
    Avengers Endgame — Visual Effects
    JoJo Rabbit — Adapted Screenplay

M
    Participant
    Topics:

If it wasn’t all enough already:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KojVZL6k0-4

Honestly if she doesn’t sweep after all this promo… It’s like the stars are all lining up for her.

CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

If it wasn’t all enough already: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KojVZL6k0-4 Honestly if she doesn’t sweep after all this promo… It’s like the stars are all lining up for her.

She is literally doing everything possible. I mean, she said she wants Ariana to win all of her nominations and that she didn’t even bother to wakr up earliet to see the nominations. She is such a phony.

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

What category do you guys think we are most likely to see an upset in?

ROTY and SOTY

ROTY:bad guy
    SOTY:Lover

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

If it wasn’t all enough already:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KojVZL6k0-4

Honestly if she doesn’t sweep after all this promo… It’s like the stars are all lining up for her.

Wow Billie sounds horrible and was off key half the entire song. Alicia really showed her how to really sing her own song. Damn. It’s crazy to think to think that Billie will win Best New Artist like Alicia but not even half as talented. The bar has definitely been lowered in recent years.

Rooney Mara
    Participant
    Topics:

ugh I can’t, am I the only one who think this duet is horrible? Like they’re competing to be the one who can whisper quieter

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Reminder that Bad Guy is trash.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.