Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 529 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Darren
Oblivion
  • Lotus
    Participant
    Topics:

These delusional Ariana stans believe since she recently lucked her way into a Grammy and has a critically-acclaimed album, that she is all of a sudden some sort of Grammy darling.  I can’t wait until January 26, 2020 to see the reactions when she loses everything.

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana having little to no chance of winning AOTY is not based on her being a “teenybopper” or whatever – we’re years removed from that. It has to do with the fact that Thank U, Next a lightweight pop record with little crossover appeal and it doesn’t stand out from the pack in any way. It’s not the bestselling album nominated, it’s not the most acclaimed, it’s not particularly baity, and there’s no real narrative for it to win. It’s absolutely a filler nomination similar to Teenage Dream, Loud, Purpose, Beauty Behind the Madness, Born This Way, Multiply, Love Angel Music Baby, etc. If y’all really want to believe otherwise… go ahead. But you’re going to be extremely disappointed once Grammy night comes around.

Exactly. The history is right there yet people still want to hold out hope.

Also, those albums would have lost even without Adele/Bruno/etc nominated. Because those types of albums just don’t win

fatma667
    Participant
    Topics:

When do they typically start announcing performers for the show? Not till early January?

fortunesfool
    Participant
    Topics:

Girl, please! If Ariana, Beyoncé, Gaga, and Taylor were campaigning like Billie, y’all wouldn’t say a damn thing.

Actually when Taylor campaigns, this board went to town on her as well. Including yourself. But hypocrisy is nothing new with you.

Just check the threads last year. Y’all were acting brand new when Taylor’s team put out FYC ads lmao.

If Taylor can get dragged for campaigning, then so can Billie.

fortunesfool
    Participant
    Topics:

Literally who cares that Billie is campaigning so much. If I was one of the frontrunners in multiple categories I’d campaign my ass off too.

People here tend to have an issue when someone they dislike campaigns while secretly hoping their flop fave would do the same.

fortunesfool
    Participant
    Topics:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/awards/8545943/taylor-swift-grammys-ad-campaign-lover-song-of-the-year And you guys think Billie is desperate

An ad is desperate?

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

“Because this decade’s most prolific songwriter has never won Grammy’s Song of the Year.”

maybe if your songs were good…

y'all ugly and smelly

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

An ad is desperate?

An ad that frames her as some kind of legendary songwriter who is overdue for SOTY is a little ridiculous.

And the “most prolific songwriter” angle is pretty dumb considering Max Martin has written 16 #1 singles this decade… four of which are Taylor songs.

Religion
    Participant
    Topics:

These delusional Ariana stans believe since she recently lucked her way into a Grammy and has a critically-acclaimed album, that she is all of a sudden some sort of Grammy darling. I can’t wait until January 26, 2020 to see the reactions when she loses everything.

Grammy darling? Yeah no one thinks that. Many Ariana fans who know how the Grammys work are fully expecting her to lose all her noms. It just objectively makes no sense to rule out a win as a possibility in this case. Unless you dislike her and her music I guess. Keep saying how she has no chance though as if the Grammys don’t surprise us every year

fortunesfool
    Participant
    Topics:

“Because this decade’s most prolific songwriter has never won Grammy’s Song of the Year.” maybe if your songs were good…

By that logic, Taylor has two good albums versus Beyonce none? Maybe try that one again?

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

By that logic, Taylor has two good albums versus Beyonce none? Maybe try that one again?

Fun to see how you keep coming back every few months with a different profile.

Just waiting for you to tell someone to “Go BaCk To AtRl!!!”

y'all ugly and smelly

fortunesfool
    Participant
    Topics:

An ad that frames her as some kind of legendary songwriter who is overdue for SOTY is a little ridiculous. And the “most prolific songwriter” angle is pretty dumb considering Max Martin has written 16 #1 singles this decade… four of which are Taylor songs.

It didn’t frame her as legendary. That’s just your interpretation of it. Just the most prolific. And she is most likely talking about as a lead recording artist output, not their number of #1s. Either way, a hyperbolic ad vs Billie’s promotional tour, times square ads, magazine stories? I’d say one is objectively more than the other.

fortunesfool
    Participant
    Topics:

Fun to see how you keep coming back every few months with a different profile. Just waiting for you to tell someone to “Go BaCk To AtRl!!!”

This is my first profile and I’m not from ATRL but go off?

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

This is my first profile and I’m not from ATRL but go off?

First out of many within the year.

Mentioning Beyonce when no one else did, you could’ve mentioned anyone else, but because its me you mention her.

see you again in another few months with a different prof!!  👋🏽👋🏽👋🏽

y'all ugly and smelly

fortunesfool
    Participant
    Topics:

First out of many within the year. Mentioning Beyonce when no one else did, you could’ve mentioned anyone else, but because its me you mention her. see you again in another few months with a different prof!! 👋🏽

I’ve read this board long enough to know you stan Beyonce and Billie. But it doesn’t bother me that much if you think i’m someone else so carry on, especially since it’s just a distraction for the fact you don’t have a reply for me calling out that illogical post.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  fortunesfool.
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.