Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 529 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Darren
Oblivion
  • mnk7
    Participant
    Topics:

Or when Rihanna lost I think 7 nominations in one night.

babypook
    Participant
    Topics:

Or when Rihanna lost I think 7 nominations in one night.

Rihanna’s voice is so weak she needs mechanical enhancement to make up for the lack of power and control. Smart choice lip syncing at the Grammys.
    She’s also someone I wouldn’t want as a role model for young girls.

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    Philip K Dick Blade Runner

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

y'all ugly and smelly

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Whew she is COMING!!!!!!

River
    Participant
    Topics:

Whenever a female popstar wins AOTY, they have the biggest album of the year by far. Thank U, Next is not that album at all. Specially if you remember Billie Eilish exists.

Unfortunately for Ariana, she’s up against Billie in almost every category, so she’s not winning anything.

fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

Rihanna album supposed to come this month… If that is true it is looking like it will be a surprise release.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

BILLIE FOR ALBUM OF THE FUCKING YEAR! WE LOVE A YOUNG QUEEN! MAY HER REIGN BE LONG AND BOUNTIFUL.

Barnacles Bro

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

If Billie was not nominated for AOTY, I would have Ariana as the winner. But if she is, then congrats.

Barnacles Bro

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Rihanna album supposed to come this month… If that is true it is looking like it will be a surprise release.

Rihanna was suppose to drop this year. Atm Riri and Ms Ballads have lied to us as fans and I’m still waiting for the follow up. I’m going to wait until it announces so I won’t be let down.

Barnacles Bro

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie, Lizzo and Lil Nas X completely swamped Ariana’s chances of winning. They all gained massive steam in the later half of this year while Ariana actually lost hers with all the lame collaborations and lack of promotion for the album. She’s screwed in every category this year. There’s no way around it. Billie will win Album and Record, while Lizzo will win Song and Pop Solo over her. Lil Nas X will win Best Pop Duo/Group Performance easily.

One of those lame collaborations is Grammy nominated itsself, which, alongside the fact that she beat out Taylor Swift last year, clearly shows that she has pop voters behind her. Taking that into consideration plus the fact that she’s the biggest, most successful and most popular artist out of all the nominees overall and an established pop icon I would say her chances are not as bad as some of you think. There was probably a reason why she was shut out of SOTY.

Lotus
    Participant
    Topics:

The sooner you accept Ariana Grande going home empty-handed, the easier the blow will be on January 26, 2020.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not that certain, I could see Lizzo winning taking Pop Solo and Ariana taking Pop Vocal Album. It’s probably not the likeliest possibility, but it’s a possibility.

Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact that Ariana entered pop duo/group with boyfriend that peaked at #8, and ME! that peaked at #2 didn’t make the cut. Means that she’s a strong contender in the pop field.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

The fact that Ariana entered pop duo/group with boyfriend that peaked at #8, and ME! that peaked at #2 didn’t make the cut. Means that she’s a strong contender in the pop field.

In part yes, but the other part is that as I’ve been saying for a while, alphabetical order really matters in the pop categories. After checking all the #1 hits, some lazy voters were looking for a 5th nominee filler, and they probably went with Ariana considering she’s one of the most relevant artist, if not the most, in the first half of the list.

It’s not a coincidence that out of all the top 10 hits that could be nominated in that spot, Ariana’s last name comes up first in the alphabetical order.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  M.
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Imagine she does manage to win a Grammy this year. Would all hell break loose?

Oscars FYC.

Parasite — Best Picture, Original Screenplay, Film Editing
    Bong Joon Ho — Best Director
    Florence Pugh — Best Supporting Actress
    Charlize Theron — Best Actress
    Avengers Endgame — Visual Effects
    JoJo Rabbit — Adapted Screenplay

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.