Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 529 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Darren
Oblivion
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Lizzo is definitely competitive in SOTY. Like having a top 5 single for SOTY increases it’s chances, which leaves Billie and Lizzo and Capaldi (but no artist has only won SOTY and nothing else). Lizzo has heavy quotables and funny lyrics. It’s very camp and melodramatic, I love it.

Hope that the Grammys spread the awards between all 3 new artists. That would be iconic.
    <p style=”text-align: center;”><b><u>Current Predictions</u></b>:</p>
    AOTY: WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?- Billie Eilish

ROTY: Old Town Road (REMIX)- Lil Nas X feat. Billie Ray Cyrus

SOTY: Truth Hurts- Lizzo

BNA: Billie Eilish

Holy Trinity of Albums:

After Hours, Fetch the Bolt Cutters and What’s Your Pleasure?

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

And Ariana did NOT bring trap-pop to the mainstream. That was artists like Lil Jon, Three Six Mafia, Gucci Mane, etc. Even if you are talking more pure pop music, then you can still go back easily fifteen years to Soulja Boy Kiss Me Thru The Phone, Turn My Swag On, Bossy by Kelis, etc. Our top of the charts female pop stars have already been doing trap pop for years like Rihanna with Pour It Up, Beyonce with 7-11 and Formation. Even fucking Miley Cyrus the whitest girl in the world was doing trap-pop like five years ago. Ariana didn’t bring anything to the mainstream except for her ponytail.

I think you misinterpreting what I just said. I said it encorperated elements of trap to pop music, a genre dominated by pop divas and superstars. Lil Jon, Three Six Mafia and Gucci Mane are create specific pop music like Taylor Swift or Katy Perry did. Miley Cyrus was the closest but again mainstream songs on Bangerz Like “We Cant Stop” did not have any trap influence, just maybe the producers. It’s clearly a electropop beat as well as trap has changed since 2013. I do agree that Beyoncé and Rihanna did come out with both  bangers. But I don’t think it levels the level the popularity of Ariana Grande’s 7 rings.

I think the biggest pop song that trap influcences this decade that could level 7 rings is Fancy by Iggy Azalea feat. Charli XCX. It was number one for 7 weeks as well as one of the biggest songs of 2014. It too was nominated for ROTY and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. But again all Fancy, Pour It Up and 7/11 we released 5 years, and again, trap has changed as a genre, being dominated by artists like Drake, Tracis Scott, Post Malone and Cardi B. Again Ariana did what… that!

Holy Trinity of Albums:

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Lol sorry agree to disagree. We Can’t Stop was produced and Bangerz was executive produced by Mike WILL Made It, one of the biggest trap producers in history. By the time TUN was released, everyone and their mom has a trap pop song, just like everyone and their mom already had a dance pop album by the time that Lady Gaga “revolutionized” dance pop music.

Profile picture
    ELIAS
    Topics:

Songs can be produced by a particular producer, but that doesn’t always mean that they are always a specific genre. That’s definitely an electropop synths as well as some drum and piano chords. Listen to the instrumental:

https://youtu.be/crEbwlXh9cI

traps sounds totally different. But anyways Bangerz was had trap songs no doubt. But we aren’t talking about the deep cuts, lead singles we’re not trap. And probably did not fare well as Fancy, 7 rings or Truth Hurts are trap songs. We Can’t Stop is an Electropop song:

– fancy

https://youtu.be/O-zpOMYRi0w

-7 rings

https://youtu.be/QYh6mYIJG2Y

-Truth Hurts

https://youtu.be/P00HMxdsVZI

Holy Trinity of Albums:

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

“Bad Guy” would be a better SOTY winner than “Single Ladies” and “That’s What I Like.”

LMFAO

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

Jesus fucking Christ.

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

Anyway, I’m changing my AOTY pick to Lizzo. I think she has the most cross genre appeal. She will get pop votes, R&B votes, Hip Hop votes (yes I think the rap voters will rally behind her over Nas), and she’ll get Urban votes as well.

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

Most of the songs y’all are naming did not have trap influences. Fancy is no where near a trap song. Neither is We Cant Stop, which is a full blown pop song.

7 Rings interpolated a classic Hip Hop sample, literally had a trap beat, and had an actual rap verse.

Either way, if anyone broke down the barriers to incorporate hip hop into pop, it was Rihanna.

Topic is irrelevant anyway.

Profile picture
    Vogue
    Topics:

GF predictions currently:

ROTY: Old Town Road/Sunflower

AOTY: Lizzo

SOTY: Truth Hurts/Someone You Loved

BNA: Billie

BNA is easily Billie’s biggest lock of the night. I don’t understand why posters aren’t treating it as such giving the history of this award.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

How can anyone seriously predict Lizzo to win AOTY when the last black winner was in 2008, and we’ve just witnessed a decade of monumental snubs of black artists in the category?

• This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Kai.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 1 week ago by Kai.
    Profile picture
    kenboi99
    Topics:

”7 rings for Record Of The Year seems like the best choice. Grande broke down socio-economic barriers with her 8 week #1 smash hit and revived the American Dream by encouraging American workers to work their way up the social ladder up to the point where they can get what they want. Additionally, she broke down barriers for pop musicians as she managed to interpolate rap classics like Biggie’s ”Gimme The Loot” and other classics such as The Sound of Music’s ”My Favorite Things” in a pop track.” – Billboard

this was written by the the uneducated stan

Profile picture
    River
    Topics:

Dark Horse, Bad Blood, Needed Me are trap influenced hits by popstars

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Percentage of the academy’s voting members that are producers and engineers: nearly 40%
    https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8546071/statistics-recording-academys-diversity-inclusion-report

Don’t take those Billie nominations for granted.

Profile picture
    mnk7
    Topics:

Most acclaimed albums according to end of year list: https://www.albumoftheyear.org/list/summary/2019/

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

»The Academy will also continue to research the report’s recommendation to change portions of the Grammy Award voting process to a ranked-choice system. The Awards and Nominations Committee decided against immediately implementing a ranked choice voting system for the four General Field categories after hearing a presentation in the spring. »

Just make it happen already

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.