Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 280 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
4 hours ago
replies
views
users
M
Oblivion
Darren
  • Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie is a lock for BNA. That couldn’t be more obvious, Lizzo herself probably knows she’s not getting that one.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie has Best Pop Vocal Album on lock. Let’s not kid ourselves lol. The other categories she may lose but not that one.

I was looking at your predictions and saw that you had 7 Rings winning Pop Solo. That’s definitely a choice. Could you explain cause I think that’s interesting.

ReplyCopy URL
    JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Right now I really think Billie is winning Pop Solo, Pop Vocal Album, SOTY and BNA.

I won’t predict her in ROTY cause I think Old Town Road is unstoppable there. And they wouldn’t give her AOTY now, she’s too new in all aspects.

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

I was looking at your predictions and saw that you had 7 Rings winning Pop Solo. That’s definitely a choice. Could you explain cause I think that’s interesting.

I’m in the minority that believe Ariana will win at least one of her 5 nominations. Out of all her nominations I think Pop Solo is her most likely.

Pop Solo most often my goes to the biggest hit in contention.

7 Rings is far and above the biggest hit nominated in Pop solo and is also up for Record of the Year.

She also got Into all 3 Pop categories. She’s definitely on Pop voters radar even moreso than Swift at this time.

Her album was immensely popular and this is the only chance I think they can reward her since AOTY ROTY and Pop Duo are long shots.

ReplyCopy URL
    daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

Gaga is too MIA rn to pull an upset. I see Lover pulling an upset before ARUTW.

I think Gaga and Taylor are cancelling each other out in SOTY. Both of them appeal to the same voters, so they’ll split the numbers and someone else will get the award, most likely Lizzo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Solo most often my goes to the biggest hit in contention.

7 Rings is far and above the biggest hit nominated in Pop solo and is also up for Record of the Year.

In the US both “bad guy” and “Truth Hurts” are respectively about 100,000 and 300,000 units behind “7 rings”. This is not a big enough difference for “7 rings” to be deemed “far and above the biggest hit” (especially when they’re more recent hits and will surpass “7 rings” soon).

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

In the US both “bad guy” and “Truth Hurts” are respectively about 100,000 and 300,000 units behind “7 rings”. This is not a big enough difference for “7 rings” to be deemed “far and above the biggest hit” (especially when they’re more recent hits and will surpass “7 rings” soon).

The biggest hit is the biggest hit. 7 rings also spent as much weeks at #1 as both of those combined.

ReplyCopy URL
    supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie is most competitive in BNA, for sure; although I think Lizzo is more talented, Billie has been so successful it wouldn’t shock me at all to see her win.

I enjoy When We All Fall Asleep a lot, but I don’t know if it’s as much of a lock as everyone is saying it is. It’s definitely competitive, but I think it’s going to go to someone else. Who? Not sure yet, I’m still trying to decide. Personally, I want Lana to win or Bon Iver. Realistically? Yeah I don’t know.

ReplyCopy URL
    fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

Not to speak down on the dead, but Nipsey is hella overrated and his flow is monotone and sounds like G Easy.  He wasn’t that big until he was killed. Now he’s been turned into some sort of rap deity  like Pac and Biggie.  Too be honest, Roddy Ricch shows up Nipsey on his own song on Racks in the Middle. Grammy’s taste in rap is so old head, they like the more traditional and lyrical flow like Nipsey. Even when they nominate someone young like YBN Cordae they nominate the one kid who sounds like an old dude. I could see Nipsey taking Rap Song and also possibly Rap/Sung, but J.Cole probably has rap performance on lock. Album is really up in the air. The only nominees in rap songs that I even like this year are Young Thug and Lil Baby/Gunna. You know the nominees are really boring when the J. Cole song is in my top three nominated songs.

Anyway, my rap predictions
    Rap Performance: J Cole – Middle Child
    Rap/Sung: Thugger w/ Trav and J Cole – The London
    Rap Song: Nipsey w/ Roddy Ricch – Racks in the Middle
    Rap Album: Tyler – Igor

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

well the Xanny MV is coming on Thursday. So its not like the album will be dying anytime soon.

Its also back in the top 5 of the top 200 thanks to vinyl/holiday boost.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, “7 Rings” isn’t happening in Pop Solo Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

7 Rings is easily one of the most annoying hit songs of the year, along with Sucker, Me!, Someone You Loved and Baby Shark. Thankfully we didn’t get any big hits from Ed Sheeran or Megan Trainor so 2019 had reletively less annoying music. Ari isn’t winning shit.

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie has Pop Vocal and BNA on lock lmao

ReplyCopy URL
    Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

I think they’re going to air these categories:

AOTY
    ROTY
    SOTY
    BNA
    Pop Solo
    Pop Duo/Group
    Country Album
    Rock Performance
    Rap/Sung Performance (if Nipsey wins)
    R&B Album

I think they’ll want to see Lizzo and Billie go head to head in the 5 categories they are up for together for ratings to see if one or neither sweeps.

No, the 62nd Grammys should air the award categories(from the start to the finish)
    Best Pop Solo
    Best Country Album
    Best Rap Song
    Best Best R&B Album
    Best Pop Duo
    SOTY
    Best Alternative Album
    Best Urban Contemporary Album
    BNA
    ROTY
    AOTY

ReplyCopy URL
    River
    Participant
    Topics:

lmao Bad Guy is definitely bigger than 7 Rings

just check the decade end chart. bad guy is higher and it’s still charting in the top 20. it outsold, outstreamed and outviewed 7 rings

so even if they award the biggest hit in the category, ariana is still losing pop solo

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 280 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.