Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 319 total)
Created
1 week ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
replies
views
users
M
Oblivion
Darren
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

I do think some voters are more likely to vote for a young teenage girl than a confident sexual black obese woman.

Why so grim? We’re not living in the 1800s anymore. I really doubt that voters are that racist. I mean just look at last year.

If they were so much against black people as you guys think, why didn’t Gaga or Brandi Carlile win?

It’s more of a genre issue. Voters have a bias against mainstream rap music, it doesn’t mean it’s a bias against black people.

ReplyCopy URL
    kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Why so grim? We’re not living in the 1800s anymore. I really doubt that voters are that racist. I mean just look at last year. If they were so much against black people as you guys think, why didn’t Gaga or Brandi Carlile win? It’s more of a genre issue. Voters have a bias against mainstream rap music, it doesn’t mean it’s a bias against black people.

they like black people but a confident sexual black woman is another story

ReplyCopy URL
    Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Why so grim? We’re not living in the 1800s anymore. I really doubt that voters are that racist. I mean just look at last year. If they were so much against black people as you guys think, why didn’t Gaga or Brandi Carlile win? It’s more of a genre issue. Voters have a bias against mainstream rap music, it doesn’t mean it’s a bias against black people.

On the other side there’s also a social justice warrior side very present in the liberal art industry. So it’s no surprise to see This Is America or Lil Nas X being pushed. But we’ve genuinely had like 3 black women winning a general field category in the last 10 years. And one of them is Beyoncé who’s been snubbed 363736 times to end with 1 win. I just don’t see a narrative for Lizzo to have a big Grammy night.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Or some people may just think Billie is a better artist than Lizzo. Not everything has to be a race issue.

ReplyCopy URL
    GTFO
    Participant
    Topics:

Whenever a black person loses, people blame it on racism.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lotus
    Participant
    Topics:

Let’s be real… old white dudes from Utah are voting for Billie Eilish.  Race very much plays a factor.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Lets really be real… “old white dudes from Utah” are voting for Maggie Rogers over either of them.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I would not be surprised if the rap field is relegated to the pre-telecast.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Rap Album would be a good category to televise. All of the nominees would be first-time Grammy winners (unless J. Cole, YBN Cordae, or 21 Savage win during the pre-telecast), and if Tyler wins – which is likely – he would surely deliver a buzzy social media moment with his speech.

ReplyCopy URL
    thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

I believe the bias against black artists is real but if Lizzo loses i don’t think that will be the reason. It’s gonna be a reason for artists like Kendrick, Beyonce, Frank Ocean and Kanye.

ReplyCopy URL
    thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

I want one of the rap awards will be televised, it’s probably with the Nipsey winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone have statistics on the youngest Grammy nominees/winners for Producer of the Year? I believe Finneas is the youngest nominee since Mariah Carey in 1992.

ReplyCopy URL
    Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Or some people may just think Billie is a better artist than Lizzo. Not everything has to be a race issue.

It was a comment to a specific statement about Lizzo being the safer more traditional pick tho. Lizzo is just more a vocalist, which the Grammies do appreciate. But that’s the only factor in which she’s a more traditional choice than Billie imo.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Does anyone have statistics on the youngest Grammy nominees/winners for Producer of the Year? I believe Finneas is the youngest nominee since Mariah Carey in 1992.

I think Finneas would be the youngest ever at 22. Mariah was 23. Michael and Janet Jackson, Ted Riley, Prince, Lauryn Hill, and Bruno Mars were also in their mid/late 20s.

ReplyCopy URL
    Lotus
    Participant
    Topics:

They should televise all of Ariana’s categories.  We all can watch her lose each category.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 319 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.