Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 515 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Lotus
Boz
  • Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

If Billie was a boy with a sister we know it’d be different. Just cause we’re also sexist to Selena and Ariana doesn’t disprove it. People don’t try to look to others to explain the fame of Bieber or Mendes.

I agree that female pop songwriters are often not recognized, but let’s not pretend like Finneas hasn’t done some heavywork on that album and her career as a whole.

They honestly give me duo vibes. Billie’s discography is pretty much a collaborative project between the two.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean the most remarkable thing about Billie Eilish’s music is the production, which supposedly is mostly handled by Finneas. But obviously Billie has still creative input and deserves the recognition she is receiving.

I agree with this. Obviously she’s very much in control of her output, but he’s just as important.

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana Del Rey for Norman F***ing Rockwell! and Ariana Grande for thank u, next. Are the most deserving contenders to win Album of the Year at the Grammys.

True, but Billie deserves it just as much. Her year was phenomenal. I still hope Ariana can pull through. She deserves it so so so so much.

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t see what the issue is. Finneas would receive the AOTY Grammy as well.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I agree with this. Obviously she’s very much in control of her output, but he’s just as important.

Why do I feel like you wouldn’t say the same thing about Ariana and Max Martin, Tommy Brown, etc

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Girl you can’t come for Bionic like that. It gave us two masterpieces: Not Myself Tonight and You Lost Me.

fine. Lotus by Christina Aguilera

y'all ugly and smelly

Interstella 5555
    Participant
    Topics:

Vampire Weekend and Bon Iver received AOTY nominations for proving themselves in the music industry in the long run and for never receiving this recognition before. This is the way of the academy to reward their careers. They are the Jay-Z’s 4:44 of the year, which means they are not happening.

AOTY is Billie’s award to loose. And the way things are going, I wouldn’t put it pass the academy to give her all 4 general field prizes. Christopher Cross is shook.

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

Vampire Weekend and Bon Iver received AOTY nominations for proving themselves in the music industry in the long run and for never receiving this recognition before. This is the way of the academy to reward their careers. They are the Jay-Z’s 4:44 of the year, which means they are not happening. AOTY is Billie’s award to loose. And the way things are going, I wouldn’t put it pass the academy to give her all 4 general field prizes. Christopher Cross is shook.

Which leaves established pop icon Ariana Grande. Period!

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

”ghostin” deserved a SOTY nomination.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Vampire Weekend and Bon Iver received AOTY nominations for proving themselves in the music industry in the long run and for never receiving this recognition before. This is the way of the academy to reward their careers. They are the Jay-Z’s 4:44 of the year, which means they are not happening. AOTY is Billie’s award to loose. And the way things are going, I wouldn’t put it pass the academy to give her all 4 general field prizes. Christopher Cross is shook.

Beck and daft pick had that too but the won

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Why do I feel like you wouldn’t say the same thing about Ariana and Max Martin, Tommy Brown, etc

Partly because she works with multiple producers, so it’s hard to pinpoint her main creative influence other than herself.

That said, Victoria Monet is definitely her FINNEAS.

Interstella 5555
    Participant
    Topics:

Daft Punk had one of the most successful albums of 2013, with a huge hit to support it, so it’s a very different scenario.

Beck had a long history with the Grammys before 2015. He was overdue for a win.

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

This whole Billie debate is so damn sexist….y’all aren’t even trying to hide it lol

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Partly because she works with multiple producers, so it’s hard to pinpoint her main creative influence other than herself.

Almost every Beatles album was produced by George Martin. Is he the driving force behind the quality of their music? LMAO

Billie working exclusively with her brother does not mean he’s solely or mostly responsible for her music. They work TOGETHER, almost all of their songs were written TOGETHER. Trying to give all the credit to the man… just say you don’t want to give credit to a teenage girl for her music and go

M
    Participant
    Topics:

If Billie was a boy with a sister we know it’d be different. Just cause we’re also sexist to Selena and Ariana doesn’t disprove it. People don’t try to look to others to explain the fame of Bieber or Mendes.

Oh please don’t give me this BS we’re way harsher on JB and Shawn Mendes everyday on these forums. I will give credit to Shawn though for at least being a multi-instrumentalist and that’s respectable. As for Bieber he has no talent whatsoever.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.