Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 515 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Lotus
Boz
  • Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh please don’t give me this BS we’re way harsher on JB and Shawn Mendes everyday on these forums. I will give credit to Shawn though for at least being a multi-instrumentalist and that’s respectable. As for Bieber he has no talent whatsoever.

I didn’t say we don’t hate on men. It’s true tho that giving credit to someone else for the success is a drag used a lot more for women.

Emptyhanded
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s honestly a bit sexist to keep acting like Finneas must be the big reason behind the quality and success.

This is nothing about sexism. Most of these people are just mad that a a newbie is gonna win AOTY before their faves.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Sexism is when you twist facts to favor a certain gender (generally male).

A fact can’t be sexist:

Songwriting: There are 16 songs on the album. Finneas has 100% credit on two of them, even if Billie had as much as 50% in every other song Finneas would still retain the majority of the songwriting credit on the album.

Production: 100% Finneas

A fact = Finneas is the main contributor in the album, in both songwriting and production, not Billie.

Again, in most AoTY winners this decade, the winning artist tends to be the main contributor in at least songwriting or production. That’s all I was saying.  People say Ariana can’t win because she doesn’t contribute enough to songwriting. But sorry neither does Billie.

Matheus Vaz
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t see a sweep for billie in the g4, she’s winning bna and aoty

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie working exclusively with her brother does not mean he’s solely or mostly responsible for her music. They work TOGETHER, almost all of their songs were written TOGETHER. Trying to give all the credit to the man… just say you don’t want to give credit to a teenage girl for her music and go

Except I didn’t(???). I said they’re both just as important.

Did you forget how to read, homegirl?

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, this forum casually throwing the word “sexist” around is alarming, and it’s more alarming that the same members doing so feel the need to drag other women along just to uplift Billie. I was literally the first person to predict her for BNA back in 2018. Y’all need to calm down.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

The Grammys are known for its predictability, but there have been curveballs. I don’t think we should count out any curveballs happening this year. Lana, for example, could be a passion pick among many voters. I haven’t read a bad thing about the album. All of them have been raves.

Emptyhanded
    Participant
    Topics:

People throw around “sexism” and “racism” when they run out of arguments

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

Sexism is when you twist facts to favor a certain gender (generally male). A fact can’t be sexist: Songwriting: There are 16 songs on the album. Finneas has 100% credit on two of them, even if Billie had as much as 50% in every other song Finneas would still retain the majority of the songwriting credit on the album. Production: 100% Finneas A fact = Finneas is the main contributor in the album, in both songwriting and production, not Billie. Again, in most AoTY winners this decade, the winning artist tends to be the main contributor in at least songwriting or production. That’s all I was saying. People say Ariana can’t win because she doesn’t contribute enough to songwriting. But sorry neither does Billie.

There are 3 main components to an album: Songwriting, Production, and Vocals. In fact, until recently only production/engineering and vocals were recognized in AOTY.

Billie provided lead vocals on 14/14 tracks, songwriting on 12/14, and production on 1/14.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

There are 3 main components to an album: Songwriting, Production, and Vocals. In fact, until recently only production/engineering and vocals were recognized in AOTY. Billie provided lead vocals on 14/14 tracks, songwriting on 12/14, and production on 1/14.

I was talking about composing. Vocals don’t matter in that case.

The point that I was making, is that there are other contenders who were actually more involved in their projects than Billie. Lizzo co-wrote every single song on her album. VW composed every track on their album. Same for Bon Iver, Lana Del Rey etc..

Not saying any of those is more likely than Billie. But I think if Billie falters, it’ll probably because the voters would rather to give it to someone who was more involved in the songwriting or production. As I explained in my previous, Billie is not the main composer of her album like Kacey, Bruno, Adele, Taylor Swift, Daft Punk and Beck were.

Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

This whole argument is pointless. Voters do NOT care about who is “more involved in the songwriting process”.

If they did, Kendrick or Jay would’ve beaten Bruno.

Billie is involved enough, and has a great narrative. They will NOT care if she didn’t write 2/14 songs.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

If they did, Kendrick or Jay would’ve beaten Bruno.  

What we are not going to do is claim that Bruno doesn’t write his music. In fact he even writes for other people, including Adele.

He also received “Producer of the Year” nomination at the Grammy’s.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Do you really think they care if she was not fully wrote her whole album? No because they are going to award both Finneas and Billie, the 2 people who creately were apart of the process. Billie screams AOTY anyways and has a great narrative: a 17 year old anti-pop star who sold record one of if not thee largest albums of the year. She nominated with 6 awards, and has a chance in almost all of those. I’m rooting for Billie. I really don’t care what else if y’all have to say.

Barnacles Bro

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

What we are not going to do is claim that Bruno doesn’t write his music. In fact he even writes for other people, including Adele. He also received “Producer of the Year” nomination at the Grammy’s.

Bruno won because his music was wayyy much more accessible than Jay Z, Lorde, Kendrick or Childish Gambino. Billie’s while being edgy at times, is definitely accessible on all tracks of the album, meshing with electropop with some indie pop ballads in the mix as well.

Barnacles Bro

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

”ghostin” deserved a SOTY nomination.

maybe the one time we agree. ghostin was better than over half of the SOTY nominees

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.