Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 515 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
8 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Chrissy
Oblivion
  • Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

What we are not going to do is claim that Bruno doesn’t write his music. In fact he even writes for other people, including Adele. He also received “Producer of the Year” nomination at the Grammy’s.

He does write his own music, just like Billie, but you’re screaming about being the “most involved” on an album. Kendrick & Jay were more involved on their respective albums than Bruno. See the number of writers on their albums.

Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

Do you really think they care if she was not fully wrote her whole album? No because they are going to award both Finneas and Billie, the 2 people who creately were apart of the process. Billie screams AOTY anyways and has a great narrative: a 17 year old anti-pop star who sold record one of if not thee largest albums of the year. She nominated with 6 awards, and has a chance in almost all of those. I’m rooting for Billie. I really don’t care what else if y’all have to say.

The ’17 year old anti-pop star’ bit reminds me so much of Avril Lavigne. They’re really so similiar. Billie is just more glam but back in 2002 even the glam girls weren’t constantly wearing designer like the popstars now.

Profile picture
    M
    Topics:

All of those who say voters won’t care whether Billie is the main songwriter, should maybe revise their predictions for Ariana.

Because to me the same standard applies to both, if it doesn’t matter whether Billie is the main composer of her album, then why suddenly Ariana has no chance of winning?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

All of those who say voters won’t care whether Billie is the main songwriter, should maybe revise their predictions for Ariana.

Because to me the same standard applies to both, if it doesn’t matter whether Billie is the main composer of her album, then why suddenly Ariana has no chance of winning?

The difference between being part of the 2 writers of your album or being part of the 20 writers of your album is obvious. You said yourself it being just her brother makes things different.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Maybe because writing isn’t why Ariana has no chance in winning?

She has no chance because her narrative is beyond weak, her album era was left in the second quarter of the year, and she isn’t doing any type of campaigning.

Profile picture
    abelfenty
    Topics:

Why do these forums turn into an argument on Billie and songwriting every other day?

Profile picture
    NASA
    Topics:

She has no chance because her narrative is beyond weak

What about narrative? What narrative does Billie have?

Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Prince
    Topics:

Look at previous winners.  Ariana doesn’t fit the mold of an AOTY winner.  She’s too lightweight and not taken seriously enough as an artist.  Her #1 singles and critical acclaim mean nothing.  Ask yourselves, when has a poptart ever won AOTY?

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

Ariana already got her sympathy Grammy last year.

Profile picture
    Mr Brightside
    Topics:

I was talking about composing. Vocals don’t matter in that case. The point that I was making, is that there are other contenders who were actually more involved in their projects than Billie. Lizzo co-wrote every single song on her album. VW composed every track on their album. Same for Bon Iver, Lana Del Rey etc.. Not saying any of those is more likely than Billie. But I think if Billie falters, it’ll probably because the voters would rather to give it to someone who was more involved in the songwriting or production. As I explained in my previous, Billie is not the main composer of her album like Kacey, Bruno, Adele, Taylor Swift, Daft Punk and Beck were.

Voters prefer someone who is a songwriter/musicians, especially for AOTY. Billie is seen as a songwriter. She has songwriting credits on almost every song. Voters don’t know how much of each song she wrote. I don’t see what the issue is.

Profile picture
    Mr Brightside
    Topics:

All of those who say voters won’t care whether Billie is the main songwriter, should maybe revise their predictions for Ariana. Because to me the same standard applies to both, if it doesn’t matter whether Billie is the main composer of her album, then why suddenly Ariana has no chance of winning?

Ariana and Billie are not the same. Ariana is seen as a commercial pop star who shops for beats. Not saying there is anything wrong with that, but those type of artists don’t win in the big categories. Billie is seen as a songwriter who collaborated with another musician.

Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

There are a lot of other factors besides writing credits that can influence the race. Celine Dion won AOTY with an album she didn’t write a single word on. So I’m not sure why you’re so hung up on songwriting credits, of all things, being the end-all-be-all. Weird.

The fact is, Billie is one of the frontrunners to win and Ariana should just be happy she got nominated.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.