Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 515 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Lotus
Boz
  • fortheculture
    Participant
    Topics:

Fuck Scooter Braun he is trash

M
    Participant
    Topics:

That Billie speech though… She needs to practice a bit in case she wins AoTY.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Can’t be more awkward than Lorde her speech at the Grammy’s.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

You all are so severely underestimating Lana. Yeah pop voters love Beyonce, Katy Perry, Dua Lipa, Billie, Ariana etc. These types of pop albums never win AOTY because ONLY pop voters like these albums. Lana lost the pop nomination because she didn’t release a pop album, so the pop voters voted for actual pop albums instead. If she had released an actual pop album, she probably would have gotten the pop nomination but missed the AOTY nomination. So Lana lost the pop voters but she gained everyone else. She has huge and passionate support coming from the entire industry.

Beyonce didn’t release real pop album but she got named

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

If the Grammys presenters were announced today, this would be like this January 26

These are the possible Grammy presenters this January 26:
    Best New Artist – Alicia Keys
    ROTY – Alicia Keys
    SOTY – John Mayer( likely to announce Lover as the SOTY winner)
    AOTY – Taylor Swift( she could announce Billie Eilish as the youngest AOTY winner since Taylor 10 years later)

The final Grammys presenters is expected by mid January or a week before the 62nd Grammys

NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

likely to announce Lover as the SOTY winner

NOT happening!

Matt2019
    Participant
    Topics:

NOT happening!

It could happen soon. Just wait for it.

Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if Lizzo’s recent antics turns some voters off….

JasonLannister
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana support from the music industry is similiar to Kacey’s last year. If it’s not even bigger.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

you can’t blame her though lol, they were so unnecessarily long.

y'all ugly and smelly

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana’s album is over an hour long and that hour can get pretty boring. Do you really think Grammy voters will listen to that one hour long? Albums like WWAFAWDWG and TUN have the advantage that voters probably know a lot about them already because of their commercial success, but NFR was not successful and is too long and too slow and quiet to be listened to.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Oblivion.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Oblivion.
    James Otto Sweet Heart
    Participant
    Topics:

I just hope that Tanya Tucker can be given a performance slot for “Bring My Flowers Now” if a Grammy award win for her is not in the card deck. When LeAnn Rimes was overlooked for the Best Female Country Performance award in early 1998, she at least got to sing the song that scored her the nomination.

God bless you and LeAnn and Miss T always!!!

Holly (day one fan of LeAnn)

P.S. I wonder if the Grammy award show powers that be have any regrets at all over how things went that night where LeAnn’s loss is concerned. Getting over looked that night to me only added more to a mountain that shouldn’t have even existed in the first place after the Con Air movie powers that be threw her copy “How Do I Live” into the trash. I couldn’t be anymore proud of LeAnn for not letting hard work go to waste and getting her copy of the song out there anyway. She may have lost the Grammy award show bling and the movie soundtrack slot, but at the end of the day, her true fans were to there make sure that she didn’t go home empty handed completely. (big smile)

Go here to check out my most favorite singer James Otto!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiU81KIRZ_Q

River
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana for AOTY!!!

mnk7
    Participant
    Topics:

If the Grammys presenters were announced today, this would be like this January 26 These are the possible Grammy presenters this January 26: Best New Artist – Alicia Keys ROTY – Alicia Keys SOTY – John Mayer( likely to announce Lover as the SOTY winner) AOTY – Taylor Swift( she could announce Billie Eilish as the youngest AOTY winner since Taylor 10 years later) The final Grammys presenters is expected by mid January or a week before the 62nd Grammys

Imagine Taylor giving Lana Del Rey AOTY. Also yes, the support for NFR! this year is big. Every critic has praised the album. Highest user score (metacritic) of the year. Most acclaimed mainstream album of the year according to metacritic. Most acclaimed album of the year according to end of year list. Support from a 2 times AOTY winner in a public award show. Etc.

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

Lana’s album is over an hour long and that hour can get pretty boring. Do you really think Grammy voters will listen to that one hour long? Albums like WWAFAWDWG and TUN have the advantage that voters probably know a lot about them already because of their commercial success, but NFR was not successful and is too long and too slow and quiet to be listened to.

This is not a very good argument against Lana. Yes, it’s over an hour long, but just because it’s not pop and a top album of the year doesn’t mean it’s not good. I wouldn’t call it slow either, it’s the perfect tempo for someone like Lana and gives a chance to really understand the lyrics. This comparison, of Lana’s album being too slow with no real hits, could’ve been used against Kacey in a way last year. Long, slow, hardly sold. Yet she still won.

I’m rooting for Lana just because I’ve been a fan for so long and it’s incredible to see how her career has come since Born to Die, but the only argument that is completely valid for why she won’t win is that she didn’t secure any genre nominations.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.