Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 515 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
Lotus
Boz
  • Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Ezra is also sexy as hell

y'all ugly and smelly

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Album of the Year usually goes to an artist that’s the main creative force behind their work; an artist that writes at least the majority of their music. If this trend continues this year, Vampire Weekend, Bon Iver, Lizzo or Lana Del Rey will win.

I think among those 4 VW are probably the likeliest.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Ezra is also sexy as hell

I dont know how old he is but I hope I’ll look that good when I’m that old lmao

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Album of the Year usually goes to an artist that’s the main creative force behind their work; an artist that writes at least the majority of their music. If this trend continues this year, Vampire Weekend, Bon Iver, Lizzo or Lana Del Rey will win.

I think among those 4 VW are probably the likeliest.

Then why not Billie and Finneas?

Lotus
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie is winning AOTY.  She has the narrative.  Game over!

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Then why not Billie and Finneas?

Billie is not the main songwriter/composer or producer of the album. If the previous years trend continues, she shouldn’t be able to win. But the fact the main songwriter and producer is her brother may help her.

Kacey Musgraves was the main songwriter behind her album. Bruno Mars is the main songwriter and he also does production. Adele was the main songwriter on her two albums. Taylor Swift the same, Beck the same etc… So I really hope that this trend continues this year.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  M.
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

vampire weekend’s nomination is pretty much a make-up prize for their last record not being represented in the gf, they won’t make it to the win, the same more or less applies to bon iver although 22 a million had a lot more working against it

also it’s been really fun watching pop fans trying to define the perception of alternative records amongst critics and the actual consumers of their work, not pointed at anyone, just a general observation

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie is not the main songwriter/composer or producer of the album. If the previous years trend continues, she shouldn’t be able to win. But the fact the main songwriter and producer is her brother may help her.

Kacey Musgraves was the main songwriter behind her album. Bruno Mars is the main songwriter and he also does production. Adele was the main songwriter on her two albums. Taylor Swift the same, Beck the same etc… So I really hope that this trend continues this year.

Okay but writing an entire album with just your brother is quite an other narrative than the regular popstar matched with top songwriters and producers to get some hits.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Okay but writing an entire album with just your brother is quite an other narrative than the regular popstar matched with top songwriters and producers to get some hits.

To be fair, she didn’t write all of the songs.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

True, that’s why there may be an exception this year. The fact it’s her brother will definitely help.

But I still hope she won’t. I have just come to realize that it’d be too soon to award her this highest honor, when she only had one single real hit so far. Let’s see how her next album does.

I know some of her other songs are platinum… but so are many non-singles from other pop stars including Gaga, Ariana, Beyoncé etc.. So it doesn’t mean a thing.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

True, that’s why there may be an exception this year. The fact it’s her brother will definitely help.

But I still hope she won’t. I have just come to realize that it’d be too soon to award her this highest honor, when she only had one single real hit so far. Let’s see how her next album does.

I know some of her other songs are platinum… but so are many non-singles from other pop stars including Gaga, Ariana, Beyoncé etc.. So it doesn’t mean a thing.

They’re awarding album of the YEAR. Not artist to dominate the comming decade. Even if her sophomore bombs, she’d still have deserved this Grammy.

Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

To be fair, she didn’t write all of the songs.

Does it matter when she wrote 14 out of 16.

mnk7
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie Eilish just said on an interview with NME that her favorite album this hear is “Norman Fucking Rockwell!”.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie Eilish just said on an interview with NME that her favorite album this hear is “Norman Fucking Rockwell!”.

ok?

y'all ugly and smelly

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Ezra is also a renowned songwriter in the industry. He wrote for several big artists including Beyoncé (hold up) and Rihanna etc..

What Rihanna song?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.