Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 5)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 531 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +8 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
Lotus
Babygirl
  • Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

1989 sold 6 million copies and was by a 7-time Grammy winner. The Thank U, Next comparison is laughable. Ariana doesn’t even have the best selling album of the year. Ariana is more comparable to Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, The Weeknd, Rihanna, etc

I agree but I would say she’s comparable to only Perry and Rihanna. I think Gaga and to a lesser extent The Weeknd were competitive in their years as opposed to being popular fillers.

BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

the more accurate comparison for thank u next would probably be 20/20 experience, commercially successful and critically acclaimed but not really undeniable in either category

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

The tu,n era really could have been bigger and much more undeniable had it not been ended directly after the album release. However, as it is, it just didn’t have the massive sales and impact it needed to be competitive. 1989 had around 6-7 singles. 3 were number 1, and 5 were top 10’s. Ariana had the potential but only 3 singles were pushed.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  rue.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  rue.
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we agree to not award and Ms Ponytail because she didn’t give us the era we deserved?

Barnacles Bro

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

Can we agree to not award and Ms Ponytail because she didn’t give us the era we deserved?

im still upset about the lack of a bad idea mv. the potential it had…

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m okay with the era ending now but bitch could’ve pushed NASA as a single. Ugh.

caleidoscopio
    Participant
    Topics:

so what categories do you guys think will be televised this year?

it’s usually the 4 GF categories + 1 Pop, 1 Country, 1 Rap, 1 R&B or 1 Rock (depending on the GF nominees) + 1 wildcard, which most of the times is Pop or Rap, due to the AOTY lineup and its hype, but sometimes it’s something unusual to award a specific person or project such as the Hamilton Soundtrack.

sometimes they do something different and televise 2 or 3 Pop/Rap categories because they’re very competitive or have >80% of its nominees attending the ceremony. I think that’s the case this year.

for the 2020 ceremony I have the following categories:

• AOTY
    • ROTY
    • SOTY
    • BNA
    • Pop Solo Performance – Ariana/Billie/Lizzo + Taylor
    • R&B (Urban Contemporary Album) – Lizzo
    • Rap Song or Performance – in honor of Nipsey Hussle (no song featuring DJ Khaled is winning a Grammy)
    • Spoken Word Album – Michelle Obama’s category for another standing ovation
    • The only Country artist nominated in the General Field this year is Tanya Tucker. She has yet to win a Grammy, and she will this year. But do they want to televise her eventual speech? In the past 6 years, they televised Kacey (twice), Miranda, Chris (twice) and Maren’s speeches. While current Grammy darling Brandi Carlile is credited as a songwriter for Bring My Flowers Now, it’s usually the lead artist who hosts the speech. In that case, Tucker. I seem them Sturgilling her from the main show.
    • With that being said, I think the 9th televised category will be Pop Duo/Group Performance so Nas can give a speech if he loses ROTY, or Pop Vocal Album depending on Ariana & Billie’s wins.

tl;dr: these are my predictions for the categories that will be televised at the ceremony this year, and its possible winners. what do you think?

• AOTY 
    • ROTY
    • SOTY
    • BNA
    • Best Pop Solo Performance
    • Best Pop Duo/Group Performance or Best Pop Vocal Album
    • Best Urban Contemporary Album
    • Best Rap Song or Best Rap Performance
    • Best Spoken Word Album
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

It’ll all depend on how many awards each person is winning. They won’t televise Pop Vocal if Billie or Ariana are winning AOTY, for example. They won’t televise Urban Cont. if Lizzo takes up more than 2 GF awards.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Also, Higher is a locked win for Nipsey. He’s way weaker in the other categories.

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

They should televise:

4 General Field
    Pop Solo Performance
    Pop Vocal Album
    Rap/Sung Performance
    Country Album
    Rock Performance
    R&B Album

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

They should televise: 4 General Field Pop Solo Performance Pop Vocal Album Rap/Sung Performance Country Album Rock Performance R&B Album

^^^

theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Rosalía popular in America? They could televise best latin Rock, Urban or Alternative Album.

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

they could televise urban contemporary album to make sure lizzo gets to make a speech

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

they could televise urban contemporary album to make sure lizzo gets to make a speech

No point when she’s winning BNA.

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

They’ll want Billie, Lizzo, and Lil Nas X on stage for sure. Considering that they’re the frontrunners for all of the GF, that should be no problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 531 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.