Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 6)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 501 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
PoweR
Oblivion
  • PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Says who?

Says me and the Grammys in 24 more days.

Pop Album is the biggest lock for Billie Eilish. They’re not giving Ariana two Pop Album Grammys consecutively when there’s a bigger and fresher option in contention. Not to mention, Billie is still top five on Billboard. Ariana’s album is getting eaten alive by Christmas albums. Stop trolling and realize that Ariana is likely going home emptyhanded this year.

theexterminator
    Participant
    Topics:

Says who?

Everybody.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

These are the three Grammys I predict for Billie:
    Album of the Year
    Best New Artist
    Pop Vocal Album

I have a feeling she’s going to slip up in the song categories, ironically to artists she will beat in AOTY and BNA.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie is winning Pop Solo. Truth Hurts and 7 rings are too urban-ish for pop voters, You Need to Calm Down was a flop, and I doubt Spirit is known by many.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie is winning Pop Solo. Truth Hurts and 7 rings are too urban-ish for pop voters, You Need to Calm Down was a flop, and I doubt Spirit is known by many.

spirit is known enough to beat out Halsey, GaGa, and Capaldi for spot in popular vote. And will be nominated nfor the Oscar. Don’t count her out.

NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know, maybe I’m getting it wrong, but voters are allowed to vote in 15 categories, right? So, theoretically, why can’t Rap-into voter choose Pop Solo and vote for Lizzo; the same for RnB voters?

That is actually the only reason I have her winning.

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know, maybe I’m getting it wrong, but voters are allowed to vote in 15 categories, right? So, theoretically, why can’t Rap-into voter choose Pop Solo and vote for Lizzo; the same for RnB voters? That is actually the only reason I have her winning.

They can but I think the “rap vote” or “country vote” is overestimated around here. Rap, country, jazz, dance, R&B, etc are small genres compared to pop and rock. We may never know the exact numbers but I would imagine the ratio is something like 8:1. So even if every rap voter picks Lizzo, she could still lose. What matters is who the pop and rock voters pick. Otherwise every R&B or country pop solo nominee would win (eg. Beyonce and Taylor Swift in previous years)

CRUNCHY
    Participant
    Topics:

Those “rap”, “country”, “pop”,”rock” votes are not that relevant and probably don’t exist. Voters vote for artists that impressed them that year, some similar artists might cancel eachother a little bit, but mostly it doesn’t matter (see: This is America winning against 4/5 urban songs).

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Kendrick was likely a panel pick per usual.

In what world has Kendrick ever been a panel pick, lol? He’s probably been Top 2 or 3 every time he’s been nominated.

It was obvious Drake/Kendrick were blocked from Rap Album last year for an easy Cardi win.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t know, maybe I’m getting it wrong, but voters are allowed to vote in 15 categories, right? So, theoretically, why can’t Rap-into voter choose Pop Solo and vote for Lizzo; the same for RnB voters?

That is actually the only reason I have her winning.

Sure they can, but would they though?

Typically a rap voter would probably vote for the 4 GF categories, the 4 Rap categories, and probabmy vote for BMV, R&B, or a closer genre. Country and Rock voters are more likely to vote in Pop IMO.

Still, even if rap voters do back Truth Hurts, rock voters will certainly back Bad Guy. This what I think
    Bad Guy
    7 rings/Truth Hurts
    Spirit
    You Need to Calm Down

I’m not counting out Beyoncé since Gaga won last year and she got a surprise nod, and I’m not counting Ariana or Lizzo out since both songs were massive hits.

Religion
    Participant
    Topics:

Says me and the Grammys in 24 more days. Pop Album is the biggest lock for Billie Eilish. They’re not giving Ariana two Pop Album Grammys consecutively when there’s a bigger and fresher option in contention. Not to mention, Billie is still top five on Billboard. Ariana’s album is getting eaten alive by Christmas albums. Stop trolling and realize that Ariana is likely going home emptyhanded this year.

This is facts, Ariana is losing everything. The way I see it, the Sweetener win was the Grammys way of awarding her recent domination and, despite it being her best work, it’s fine that TUN won’t be winning anything. Her Daydream era is here

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Sweetener was Ariana’s best album so I’m glad that’s the one with the Grammy.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Sweetener was Ariana’s best album so I’m glad that’s the one with the Grammy.

YES !

#howrudeofme

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Album of the Year is confusing for me this year . Anything unexpected can really happen. The more so obvious winners are Lizzo for UC and Rosalía for Latin, Urban , Alt.? Maybe pop categories if Billie goes into play.

#howrudeofme

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Album of the Year is confusing for me this year . Anything unexpected can really happen. The more so obvious winners are Lizzo for UC and Rosalía for Latin, Urban , Alt.? Maybe pop categories if Billie goes into play.

I’d say Higher in Rap/Sung Performance is a lock.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.