Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 6)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Boz
PoweR
Oblivion
  • Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

TUN was highly acclaimed (moreso than WWAFA,WDWG?)

This isn’t even true. Billie’s album is #3 on year-ends; Ariana’s is #20.

Breathe
    Participant
    Topics:

Personally, I would love for my favorite artists to win next year, but I also think Billie is the front runner to win all the categories she is nominated including the General Field. Also, split voting doesn’t always influence someone’s defeat, this year Childish Gambino won competing against Kendrick, Drake, Cardi and Post Malone, all these artists could have taken votes away from him making Shallow the winner and yet This Is America won. And this is an example with the General Field having the nominees expanded to 8.
    Obviously upsets can happen in the categories Billie is nominated for, but she is the front runner.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

This isn’t even true. Billie’s album is #3 on year-ends; Ariana’s is #20.

they go by MC score. TUN has higher score but in every year end list he is below Billie. It did not hold up.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

TUN is not even top 5 for AOTY at this point.

kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

yes she is

Top 5:

Billi

Vampire

Lizzo

Bob Iver

Ariana

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Those who are predicting Ariana to win AOTY then saying Billie will split votes…. what does that mean for Ariana??? Literally ALL Ariana will have is Pop, atleast Billie will have some alternative votes backing her up.

And if you don’t think Billie is the frontrunner for AOTY, you’re kidding yourself.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao watch Father of the Bride win
    null

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

null

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie is clearly the frontrunner in AOTY. She’s beatable but anyone who is trying to say she’s not the frontrunner (by a mile) is deluded.

Many points were made.

Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

This Is America literally won SOTY and ROTY and it was up against numerous rap songs and Kacey Musgraves prevailed with Brandi Carlile also being nominated.

Splits CAN happen, but that doesn’t mean they always will.

weird fishes
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao watch Father of the Bride win null

It’s not their best album at all, but I’d be satisfied

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

This Is America literally won SOTY and ROTY and it was up against numerous rap songs and Kacey Musgraves prevailed with Brandi Carlile also being nominated.

Splits CAN happen, but that doesn’t mean they always will.

Childish Gambino had full support of his genre, which is very clear since he won over Kendrick Lamar (who has sweeped his genre twice, btw). This Is America probably got votes from other branches as well, especially rock (which had no nominees). It’s also a song about a social issue, so that probably also garnered it a lot of votes.

Same thing happened with Kacey: she sweeped her field, and Brandi Carlile isn’t even Country. Kacey probably got votes from other branches since her music is safe, but she definitely had fully country support.

There’s no way to know how much pop voters like Billie. She got her 2 pop noms, but those were expected. However, there is a way to know that pop voters like Ariana; they gave her a suprise nom for a flop single. I don’t think that the Boyfriend nom is that significant, but fact is that they like her enough to be filler and name-check her, over bigger hits may I add.

I think they’ll split the pop vote, with Billie probably getting the edge to win Pop Vocal Album.

The only woman to win 6 Grammys in one night was Adele, and Billie Eilish isn’t nearly as safe and adored as Adele is. She’ll win her 3 Grammy’s, which is great and are totally deserved.

mnk7
    Participant
    Topics:

I find it uncanny how Lorde and Billie Eilish both have similar last names (O’Connor and O’Connell) and Billie’s been getting a lot of Lorde-ish type of hype this season.

Not to disrespect Billie, but Lorde is much better than her. Also Melodrama lost AOTY.

NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

Those who are predicting Ariana to win AOTY then saying Billie will split votes…. what does that mean for Ariana??? Literally ALL Ariana will have is Pop, atleast Billie will have some alternative votes backing her up.

I’m not saying it happens, but Ariana can have some Rap votes (since the only Rap nominee is Lil Nas) for trap in her songs. Some RnB also possible, but a very little amount since we have HER and Lizzo.

Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

The only woman to win 6 Grammys in one night was Adele, and Billie Eilish isn’t nearly as safe and adored as Adele is.

Minor detail but Beyoncé also won 6 in 2010. Though I suppose that may support your point.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 501 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.