Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 7)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 561 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +7 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oblivion
Darren
Lotus
  • Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

As we’ve seen this year, oscar voters are very picky with pop stars.

JLo has been in panned films all her life and isn’t taken seriously as an actress and Bey did little to no campaigning and her song was a bomb.

If the song is good (and especially a hit) I don’t see why she wouldn’t be in contention.

ReplyCopy URL
    Marcus Snowden (The Artist Formerly Known as msnowden1)
    Participant
    Topics:

The way she keeps exceeding expectations lmao, she’s coming for that Oscar.

It’s wild how massive both her and Finneas have become in such a short amount of time and at such a young age.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

JLo has been in panned films all her life and isn’t taken seriously as an actress and Bey did little to no campaigning and her song was a bomb. If the song is good (and especially a hit) I don’t see why she wouldn’t be in contention.

JLO missing was a surprise to most people, considering she got SAG and GG nominations. It’s widely attributed to anti-pop star bias.

Many pop stars released songs that could’ve been nominated this decade. Some even went on to be #1 hits and couldn’t even get a nomination, let alone win.

To my knowledge, only two pop stars got nominated in BOS this decade, that is Adele and Gaga (x2).

Taylor Swift failed to get in with like 3 attempts? Even the super acclaimed Lana’s entry was surprisingly snubbed. I still don’t know why. And many other examples…

• This reply was modified 1 week, 4 days ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Even the super acclaimed Lana’s entry was surprisingly snubbed. I still don’t know why. And many other examples…

The Academy just gave 11 nominations to a popular comic book thriller film, which they wouldn’t dare to do years ago since they openly despised CBMs…. so it’s clear they’re trying to start a change and open doors for more populists choices for ratings etc, like I said… especially if the song is a hit, I don’t see why we should doubt her right now. It’s not like the music she makes is off brand with The Academy’s taste (like her slow songs), she did a fantastic job with When I Was Older (which wasn’t eligible) for example.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

I honestly have no idea if I want bad guy or OTR for ROTY nor who will win. Both deserve this so much.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

The Academy just gave 11 nominations for a popular comic book thriller film, which they wouldn’t dare to do years ago since they openly despised CBMs. It’s clear they want to start a change and open doors for more populists choices for ratings etc so like I said… especially if the song is a hit… I don’t see why we should doubt her right now. It’s not like the music she makes is off brand with The Academy’s taste (like her slow songs), she did a fantastic job with When I Was Older (which wasn’t eligible) for example.

“When I Was Older” was a snoozefest. I really hope it sounds nothing like that.

“I Don’t Wanna Live Forever” was a #1 hit, failed to get a nomination and it’s recent.

“Can’t Stop The Feeling” was a massive hit and failed to win in a weak year.

“See You Again” was acclaimed and super successful and failed to get a nomination.

So for me, I’m not going to say anyone is coming for that Oscar unless it’s something as much of a lock as Shallow was last year. Most of us thought Beyoncé was winning an Oscar when we heard she’s doing The Lion King song. Some Ariana fans thought she was winning an Oscar when talk about the soundtrack started. Let’s FIRST see if the movie ends up being acclaimed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

As long as she gets an Oscar nom that’s a win for her lmao so I’m fine if she doesn’t win.

Idk what Ariana stans thought she was coming for an Oscar for Charlie’s Angels LOL. Anyway, Can’t Stop the Feeling and I Don’t Wanna Live Forever are off brand with the Academy’s taste and See You Again sucks so…. just wait and see what happens before grasping at straws lmao, we have a year to go.

ReplyCopy URL
    kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

As long as she gets an Oscar nom that’s a win for her lmao so I’m fine if she doesn’t win. Idk what Ariana stans thought she was coming for an Oscar for Charlie’s Angels LOL. Anyway, Can’t Stop the Feeling and I Don’t Wanna Live Forever are off brand with the Academy’s taste and See You Again sucks so…. just wait and see what happens before grasping at straws lmao, we have a year to go.

billies song may suck too

ReplyCopy URL
    Kai
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie an upcoming AOTY & Oscar winner all before the age of 20… you hate to see it!

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

JLO missing was a surprise to most people, considering she got SAG and GG nominations. It’s widely attributed to anti-pop star bias.

This type of thing happens all the time – case in point: Emily Blunt, Jennifer Aniston

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

“Can’t Stop The Feeling” was a massive hit and failed to win in a weak year.

Weak? CSTF was up against La La Land, which completely dominated that season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

Weak? CSTF was up against La La Land, which completely dominated that season.

Wait I didn’t see that 💀 LMFAOOO La La Land had that shit on lock and CSTF wasn’t the runner up, Moana was.

Yeah, Billie will be fine loool.

ReplyCopy URL
    Babygirl
    Participant
    Topics:

This type of thing happens all the time – case in point: Emily Blunt, Jennifer Aniston

Thoughts on Billie continuing to DOMINATE after people have been doubted her for ages?

ReplyCopy URL
    Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Oscar voters will pass on this one. I can’t see her doing something as good as Sam’s or Adele’s. But I could be wrong.

Sams was a panned flop. He’s lucky he still had the male Adele narrative back then.

ReplyCopy URL
    Robinladen
    Participant
    Topics:

Many pop stars released songs that could’ve been nominated this decade. Some even went on to be #1 hits and couldn’t even get a nomination, let alone win.

To my knowledge, only two pop stars got nominated in BOS this decade, that is Adele and Gaga (x2).

Taylor Swift failed to get in with like 3 attempts? Even the super acclaimed Lana’s entry was surprisingly snubbed. I still don’t know why. And many other examples…

Lets face it: Billie has seen more acclaim in 1 year than J.Lo in 2 decades.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 561 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.