Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 8)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 510 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
( +13 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oblivion
PoweR
deshunfenty
  • ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Anyways my predictions hope the academy Democratic gives awards towards the 3 new artists that define the new pop

billie: AOTY, BNA, PVA

lizzo: SOTY, BPSP, Traditional R&B Performance, UC album

lil nas x: ROTY, Pop Duo, Music Video

Barnacles Bro

Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Even Christopher Cross ended up losing a category that year – Best Male Pop Vocal Performance. So, not a complete sweep.

Also, Alicia Keys, Amy Winehouse, Lauryn Hill and Sam Smith all faltered somewhere.

Adele and Bruno Mars swept on albums after their first.

Do we honestly think Billie isn’t beatable in any category?

Well I have her losing ROTY to Old Town Road. So she has a chance IMO to take 5/6.

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Even Christopher Cross ended up losing a category that year – Best Male Pop Vocal Performance. So, not a complete sweep.

Also, Alicia Keys, Amy Winehouse, Lauryn Hill and Sam Smith all faltered somewhere.

Adele and Bruno Mars swept on albums after their first.

Do we honestly think Billie isn’t beatable in any category?

Norah Jones swept first album

I think Billie is vulnerable in AOTY and especially ROTY but I still have her winning both. I’m just judging it category by category instead of considering what company a potential sweep would put her in. She’s really strong everywhere.

Mary J
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Billie is the most vulnerable in ROTY & SOTY and a smidge vulnerable in AOTY.

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

7 days until Ariana Grande walks home with the Grammys for Best Pop Vocal Album and Album Of The Year!

Gabriel Guarin
    Participant
    Topics:

7 days until Ariana Grande walks home with the Grammys for Best Pop Vocal Album and Album Of The Year!

Who else thinks that Ariana has a shot at winning Album of the Year? I feel like we’re underestimating her.

kanil032
    Participant
    Topics:

We’ll see when ari goes 0/5

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  kanil032.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  kanil032.
    JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

It IS very much possible. The Grammys don‘t like rewarding debut albums with their highest price. It is likely that they‘d much rather give it to the established singer and only A-list star in the lineup. Plus TUN was a huge commercial success too, Billie‘s album is not that much bigger. Ariana still has the bigger era and her album is more acclaimed.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Technically, it’s not her debut studio release. Remember Dont Smile at Me</p>

thank u, next is literally the 2nd most critically acclaimed album up for AOTY. and what you are saying is not true at all. in 2011, The Fame Monster & Teenage Dream both lost AOTY despite both being generic pop albums and the most succesful of the year. if Adele didn’t exist in 2012, Born This Way, Doo-Wops & Hooligans and Loud, all “generic and popular albums”, would’ve still lost AOTY to the Foo Fighters. Purpose stood no chance in 2017.

In what way is thank u, next  the second most acclaimed of the bunch? That I can tell, it’s first Lana’s then Billie’s. To me, they’re the only ones deserving of the award. I hopped off the Ariana train awhile ago.

I’m not ruling out anything could happen but Ari’s no longer the frontrunner.

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

WWAFA,WDWG? is Billie’s debut album.

”Listen to “bad guy” from the debut album “WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?”, out now” – Billie’s Youtube Channel

”Her debut album, WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in the U.S.” – Grammys.com

Metacritic:

87 – Norman F***ing Rockwell! (28 critics)
    86 – thank u, next (24 critics)
    84 – Cuz I Love You (24 critics)
    82 – WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? (21 critics)

More critics lead to a lower average score.

TUN is factually the second most acclaimed album. I know this forum hates the idea of Ariana winning but please stay to the facts.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Oblivion.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Oblivion.
    JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>

Who else thinks that Ariana has a shot at winning Album of the Year? I feel like we’re underestimating her.

</p><p>I used to think so until I looked at it ten times over. For me, the only people who have a shot right now are Billie and Lana.</p><p>Had the Grammys season ended in January, heck, Ariana would’ve already posted her acceptance speech by now.</p><p>She is a close second behind Billie for BPVA.</p><p>If we’re underestimating anyone, it’s H.E.R. I mean, her album was great and even better than Ari’s imo. It’s only that her album didn’t really get reviews, so, she lacks the acclaim needed for her hype and she’s probably the most obscure of the artists.</p><p>Who knows the next Herbie Hancock?</p>

JennyLewisFan
    Participant
    Topics:

WWAFA,WDWG? is Billie’s debut album. ”Listen to “bad guy” from the debut album “WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?”, out now” – Billie’s Youtube Channel ”Her debut album, WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO?, debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 in the U.S.” – Grammys.com Metacritic: 87 – Norman F***ing Rockwell! 86 – thank u, next 84 – Cuz I Love You 82 – WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? TUN is factually the second most acclaimed album. I know this forum hates the idea of Ariana winning but please stay to the facts.

I stand corrected. Still, her odds might only be higher than Billie’s in BPVA

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

I stand corrected. Still, her odds might only be higher than Billie’s in BPVA

If Ariana wins BPVA over Billie then she’ll also have the edge for AOTY. The only problem I see is that Ariana already won last year for Sweetener. Had that not happened she would’ve had it on lock. She still has great chances

molecule
    Participant
    Topics:

I mostly lurk here but I just wanna jump in to say that year end lists are important too, as they’re made around the time when people are voting and it shows what albums have stuck in people’s minds. TUN has a higher MC score than Billie’s album, but Billie is much higher on MCs aggregate top ten list, while TUN hasn’t aged as well. (WWAFAWDWG is at #3 while TUN is #21.)

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Some of you are still acting like Billie is some unbeatable heavyweight, lmao. She is so not going 6 for 6.

Oblivion
    Participant
    Topics:

I feel like we’re underestimating Lizzo once again. She was underestimated for the noms as well

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 510 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.