Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 9)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 522 total)
Created
4 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
PoweR
M
Oblivion
  • keithw
    Participant
    Topics:

Hoping Tanya Tucker wins at least one Grammy. Her cd this year is excellent.

Geoff Andrew
    Participant
    Topics:

One is a valid prediction. The other is an edited image. If the difference ain’t clicking I’m sorry for ya

Honey you’re the one who thinking typos on ABC channel has something to do with Grammy winning keep it cute

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Period! We won.

p.s. obviously a sarcasm to show y’all that anyone can edit the page in seconds and we don’t have to believe everything someone posts on twitter

If this happens, Gucci will never be able to sleep peacefully ever again.

For the sake of their sanity, let’s just hope it doesn’t happen.

kanil032
    Participant
    Topics:

OMG, there are so many ariana stans in this thread…. Bullsh*t
    Final Prediction
    AOTY : Lana Del Rey
    SOTY : taylor swift
    ROTY : BILLIE EILISH
    BNA : LIZZO/ BILLIE EILISH…
    BPVA : ARIANA GRANDE
    BPSP : LIZZO
    BPD/G : LIL NAS X / BILLY RAY CYRUS

kanil032
    Participant
    Topics:

If this happens, Gucci will never be able to sleep peacefully ever again.

For the sake of their sanity, let’s just hope it doesn’t happen.

@m Not happening….

NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

@m Not happening….

We freaking know.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m starting to think Nipsey will sweep the Rap field. It would’ve been great if J. Cole wasn’t nominated and overdue for a Grammy. I hope he can win Best Rap Performance, at least. Nipsey can have the others.

Soltseven
    Participant
    Topics:

According to the “leaks” above, is this the most likely scenario?

Taylor: SOTY and BPVA

Lana: AOTY

Billie: ROTY, BNA and BPVSP

Lizzo: UCA, RBP and TRBP

JJS5056
    Participant
    Topics:

I actually think that scenario makes a ton of sense; Lana’s album received the majority of its attention and positive critical review after initial voting and during/just prior to the final round. Rather than NFR! being a semi-alternative album with little crossover into Top 40 from an artist that has had a fraction of the commercial success of competition like Taylor Swift and Beyonce, it is now the most highly-acclaimed album that appeared on nearly all meaningful end-of-the-year lists. Her competition has been filtered and the typical ‘big guns’ of the pop scene have been cleared from the path, leaving Billie Eilish – a newcomer whose debut album only scored one real top 10 hit – as the biggest threat.

I think Billie is still the favorite, but really, while a wildly successful BNA in 2019, her actual music had far less impact according to the typical measurements like chart positions, etc. She is definitely deserving of BNA, and even ROTY/BPSP. But, if we are going to look beyond chart peaks, than why Billie over Lana for AOTY? And, if we are looking at an era from multiple perspectives, why Billie over Taylor for BPVA? Taylor has 2 solo songs nominated, and another #2 collaboration from ‘Lover.’

I really like the idea of Lana for AOTY, Billie for BNA+ROTY, and Taylor for BPVA. I am less sold on Taylor for SOTY, but for me, that lineup is pretty subpar and ‘Lover (track)’ is among a group of less-offensive options with ARUTW, NFR, and Flowers.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, Billie over Taylor in Pop Vocal Album because her album was more successful and acclaimed.

NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh, stop. When the glitch happened last time (before the nominations), EVERYONE knew about it. And now y’all believe just ONE screenshot from some Twitter user. That’s ridiculous.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Oh, stop. When the glitch happened last time (before the nominations), EVERYONE knew about it. And now y’all believe just ONE screenshot from some Twitter user. That’s ridiculous.

Wasn’t that “glitch” also one or two days before the show? Why would the Grammy crew make another mistake releasing it five days before the show?

And this shit happened last year, except it was the winner list that was tampered with and people here fell for it.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Well, Billie over Taylor in Pop Vocal Album because her album was more successful and acclaimed.

Billie deserves as well. I enjoyed her album. It’s something sonically different from the production standpoint. A fresh cutting-edge pop record.

#howrudeofme

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m starting to think Nipsey will sweep the Rap field. It would’ve be great if J. Cole wasn’t nominated and overdue for a Grammy. I hope he can win Best Rap Performance, at least. Nipsey can have the others.

This was my initial prediction until I remembered what you said last year about Mac Miller. Posthumous rap field wins are rare.

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I really wanted J.Cole to finally win his first Grammy but he’ll suffer the fate of a posthumous win from Nipsey. I honestly hope they spread the wealth with winners .

#howrudeofme

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.