Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 9)

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 522 total)
Created
1 month ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
( +9 hidden )
replies
views
users
PoweR
M
Oblivion
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m not sure I agree with that. No. 6 Collaborations Project was pretty hated and generally regarded as a bad album, whereas Beautiful People was something as generic and unobtrusive as could be (right up their alley).

I do think this information helps his chances in BPVA, but I still wouldn’t put him above Billie, Ariana or Taylor who managed more Pop nods and were likely in the top 8 for SOTY as well.

Ed Sheeran ranked above Lana Del Rey and Lil Nas X in the album category in popular vote. With the fact he also made the top 8 in SoTY, I’m inclined to believe he was within the top 8 of AoTY.

The Gift probably was too lol. Mess…

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

Ed Sheeran ranked above Lana Del Rey and Lil Nas X in the album category in popular vote. With the fact he also made the top 8 in SoTY, I’m inclined to believe he was within the top 8 of AoTY. The Gift probably was too lol. Mess…

Lord.

Just our of curiosity, who do you think was in the top 8 for AOTY? I’d guess (not in order):

1. Billie

2. Ariana

3. Taylor

4. Lizzo

5. Ed

6. Beyoncé

7. ??

8. ??

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

1. Billie
    2. Ariana
    3. Lizzo
    4. Taylor
    5. Vampire Weekend
    6. Gary Clark Jr
    7. Beyoncé
    8. Ed

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s probably why the committee was so damn shady. It’s probably forced to be. Imagine an all pop lineup. The Grammys would still get backlash.

Mary J
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, just because Ed Sheeran made the top 8 in Song of the Year (BARF!) does NOT mean he made the top 8 in Album of the Year.  There is no correlation.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, Ed and that Lion King nonsense is why the committee should stay.

Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Wasn’t Homecoming: The Live Album submitted in AOTY?

y'all ugly and smelly

rue
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, Ed and that Lion King nonsense is why the committee should stay.

The committee was never the actual issue, it was that the voters on the board and thus the committee were corrupt

Mary J
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, chile!  That shitfest Homecoming was submitted to AOTY.  Thank goodness for committees!

Mr Brightside
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

Lord. Just our of curiosity, who do you think was in the top 8 for AOTY? I’d guess (not in order): 1. Billie 2. Ariana 3. Taylor 4. Lizzo 5. Ed 6. Beyoncé 7. ?? 8. ??

</p>
    Ariana, Billie, Beyonce, Ed, Gaga, Lizzo, Taylor, Vampire Weekend

deshunfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

all pop lineup would be so boring

#howrudeofme

M
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

</p>
    Ariana, Billie, Beyonce, Ed, Gaga, Lizzo, Taylor, Vampire Weekend

Yeah same.

ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m confused about now how they choose nominees now. Do they review and choose from the top 20 artists’ projects/songs and pick the nominees from there? Honestly, they should listen to what the audience wants. And no not a BTS or Taylor Swift albums to always be there. But to highlight the most creative songs and artists that are made throughout the eligibility period.

They should really follow suit of how the Oscars’ critical acclaim and ditch the artist that makes the most commercial and safe work now. It is not helping Urban Artists like it wasn’t helping any Alternative Rock bands within the 1990s. Not to be thankful that Alanis Morrisette and Lauryn Hill but to pass over albums such as OK Computer (which is considered by many to be the best album of all time)/Kid A, Automatic for the People, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Series, Odelay, and The Score (nor did I mention the ones that weren’t nominated). The 2000s were filled with snubs, such as Back to Black, Graduation, In Rainbows, Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends, Late Registration, The College Dropout, Elephant, Kid A, The Marshall Mathers LP, and Stankoia.

Again I really don’t hate that they award commercial albums, I mean look DAMN. was the best selling record of that year and I loved various parts of it even though I problems with that album. Anyways my main problem is that the Grammys tend to award Mediocrity; Beck for Morning Phase, Taylor Swift for 1989, Adele for 25,  Bruno Mars for 24k Magic, Mumford & Sons for Babel. I can honestly say they really did not push the boundaries as many of their competitors.

Barnacles Bro

The Rock
    Participant
    Topics:

Some of y’all are debating whether Nipsey or j Cole will win the rap performance category , but imagine if they just give it to offset 😂

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  The Rock.
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  The Rock.
    ELIAS
    Participant
    Topics:

Music should be looking to the future, not the basic mediocre shit from the present or past work. You can get inspiration from the past and try to replicate it but you need to change it up, make something inventive and forward-thinking.

Anyways, these are the artists and projects that should have gotten into AOTY:

norman fucking rockwell!- lana del rey

igor- tyler, the creator

grey area- little simz

titanic rising- weyes blood (i know she didn’t submit, but come on, if things changed we would have gotten what she deserved)

schlagenheim- black midi

thank u, next- ariana grande

cuz i love you- lizzo

when we all fall asleep, where do we go?- billie eilish

bandana- freddie gibbs & madlib

el mal querer- rosalia

a brief inquiry of online relationships- the 1975

this land- gary clark jr

you wont get what you want- daughters

hi this is flume- flume

anima- thom yorke

i,i- bon iver

1000 gecs- 100 gecs

some rap songs- earl sweatshirt

ginger-brockhampton

Barnacles Bro

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 522 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.