Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 472 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +23 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
fortheculture
M
  • PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

If most of us are in agreement that Billie has the advantage over Lizzo in AOTY and BNA, I’m not sure why she wouldn’t in ROTY and SOTY either. I think “Old Town Road” and “Someone You Loved,” respectively, are more likely to win ROTY and SOTY than “Truth Hurts.”

So, you’re saying that Lil Nas X is ahead of Lizzo in BNA? Good to know.

At the very least, Lizzo is closely behind Billie in most of the categories. Billie is not a runaway favorite in any of hers. The story will be revealed when campaigning begins.

I also think Billie and Lizzo can beat each other in different categories. There’s no rule that says that if one wins BNA that they will be favored in all other categories. Good example of this is Maroon 5 vs. Los Lonely Boys in 2005.

I’m predicting “Old Town Road” in ROTY and “Truth Hurts” in SOTY.

Sheeow
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope neither Lizzo nor Billie wins anything in the GF just because how they are predicted by everyone lmaoo. Esperanza Spalding pt. 2 please happen!

thefunkydeltron
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope neither Lizzo nor Billie wins anything in the GF just because how they are predicted by everyone lmaoo. Esperanza Spalding pt. 2 please happen!

I want Rosalia to win BNA. But Billie coming for AOTY, that’s for sure.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Album of the Year

5. Norman Fucking Rockwell!
    7. Thank U, Next

Lana Del Rey didn’t get pop nominations, but she’s still more likely to be a WTF winner than Ariana Grande.

She really isn’t.

Record of the Year

5. “Hard Place”

Song of the Year

6. “Hard Place”

IMO this song is being underestimated. R&B voters love H.E.R, and the fact that she made the top 20 and got into all GF categories (despite having a flop album and flop single) shows that voters might like her. It’s not winning, but it’s surely above some other songs.

Best New Artist

6. Black Pumas
    7. Tank and the Bangas
    8. Rosalía

I have Rosalía particularly low after the shocking complete shutout for “Despacito” a few years ago suggesting the Latin vote can’t carry her,

ROSALÍA’s main crowd is not only Latinos – in fact, I think the alternative crowd and the indie-pop/avant-garde pop crowds are probably a big reason she even got into the top 20. I’m sure she’ll get more votes than Black Pumas (whoever those are) or Tank & the Bangas. I also have her above Maggie because Maggie’s crowd will either vote for Billie (altpop) or Yola (AAA radio).

along with her lack of commercial success, even in the Latin market.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7bfOZek9t4

She’s commercially succesful. The US /=/ the whole Latin market.

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

My hope is a BNA win for Billie (or Nas X) and SOTY & ROTY for Lizzo.

It’s not happening, but I want Lil Nas X to win AOTY just to see the world burn.

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

IMO this song is being underestimated. R&B voters love H.E.R, and the fact that she made the top 20 and got into all GF categories (despite having a flop album and flop single) shows that voters might like her. It’s not winning, but it’s surely above some other songs.

Eh. She got into the general field last year and was just as much of a non-factor as I’m expecting her to be this year. She seems like the type of act who gets nominations in the GF but is never the favorite to win. I actually really love “Hard Place” and would love to see it take either of those, but I don’t see it happening as of right now.

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I think “Old Town Road” can win all three of its categories.

supermodelslegs
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not happening, but I want Lil Nas X to win AOTY just to see the world burn.

I’ve lowkey been thinking this too, it would be the funniest thing in the world. It doesn’t deserve in the slightest, but man the reactions…..

CarlosEdu21
    Participant
    Topics:

Who do you think that is winning Best Pop Solo Perfomance?

At this moment I’m predicting Spirit to win, gives me Joanne feelings, but is a stronger category.

PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

At this moment I’m predicting Spirit to win, gives me Joanne feelings, but is a stronger category.

“Truth Hurts”

Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Bad Guy. Urban-leaning songs don’t do that well in the pop fied. That said, Truth Hurts is a close second, with 7 rings third, Beyoncé fourth and Taylor last.

abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Spirit and Joanne are not comparable at all. During voting, Gaga was receiving a ton of Oscar buzz as well as campaigning like crazy. Beyoncé doesn’t have the same buzz.

joesilver
    Participant
    Topics:

Lil Nas would have the most panned AOTY ever

And the album isn’t even that successful

reputationsgrammy
    Participant
    Topics:

And the album isn’t even that successful

That’s what shocks me the most about it’s nomination in the first place. Like, some pretty mediocre/bad albums have been nominated in the past, but they had the commercial success to explain their nomination. 7 wasn’t a tanker, but really doesn’t seem like it was successful enough to excuse it being a mediocre, 18-minute EP

delusional swifties grab back! women grab back!

More Than a Woman
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s becoming way too easy for these brand new artists with one hit to there name to get nominated for Album of the Fucking Year. It’s ridiculous. It’s definitely taken away the prestige of the award at this point. Genre wins are more prestigious imo.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 472 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions’ is closed to new replies.