Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys: Winner predictions

2020 Grammys: Winner predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 472 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +23 hidden )
replies
views
users
deshunfenty
fortheculture
M
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

Last year we had two strong frontrunners, This Is America and Shallow.

Don’t mistake “Truth Hurts” and “Bad Guy” for either. They don’t have that much support. So what we have this year, is many almost-equally liked records. TUN is not that far behind WWAFWDWG, saying otherwise is just delusion.

TUN will split votes with WWAFWDWG, 7, Cuz I Love You. H.E.R will also split votes with Lil Nas X and Lizzo.

On top of all of that, I don’t think voters will be willing to give Billie or Lizzo an AoTY win this early in their career. So my bet is that it’s going to Vampire Weekend. It’s gonna be 2011 all over again.

RoTY, there is a very strong contender who seems to have the support for that song, that is Old Town Road, he’ll run away with the vote.

SoTY, many respected pop artists in here, along with Lizzo. Country vote will rally behind Tanya Tucker and the song is very beautiful. American Roots will also vote for that song since it has Brandi Carlile. And this may be Tanya Tucker’s last nomination in her lifetime. So the voters will be inclined to salute her.

BNA, Billie Eilish.

wilfredpickles
    Participant
    Topics:

If Brandi couldn’t win last year against a rap song that had 2 strong contenders from the same genre, Tanya Tucker isn’t winning this time. Neither of them is a Grammy darling that voters will default to.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

If Brandi couldn’t win last year against a rap song that had 2 strong contenders from the same genre, Tanya Tucker isn’t winning this time. Neither of them is a Grammy darling that voters will default to.

It was delusion. This Is America had no “strong competitor” from its genre. It won every category it was nominated for. In fact the only reason it was shut out of Best Rap Song, is to prevent a sweep and give Drake the opportunity to win something.

wilfredpickles
    Participant
    Topics:

This Is America had no “strong competitor” from its genre. It won every category it was nominated for.

Did you honestly predict it going 4/4? It’s one of my favourite ROTY and SOTY winners of the decade but I’ll readily admit I was worried about the vote split.

And I don’t want to dwell on it because thankfully it won. My main point is I just don’t see Tanya Tucker happening. As much as SOTY isn’t supposed to care about chart success, the recent winners have shown it still matters.

Matheus Vaz
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t see vampire weekend winning aoty when it can split votes with bon iver

Stegeo
    Participant
    Topics:

Eilish & Lizzo are sweeping.

M
    Participant
    Topics:

Eilish & Lizzo are sweeping.

I don’t know about that. Nominations don’t equate wins.

Drake and Kendrick were the most nominated last year. They ended up winning one grammy each.

BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

For now…
    A: Vampire Weekend
    R: Old Town Road
    S: Bring my Flowers Now
    BNA: Lizzo

mnk7
    Participant
    Topics:

AOTY: Norman Fucking Rockwell!
    SOTY: ARUTW

ROTY: Bad Guy

BNA: Billie Eilish

daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

AOTY: Billie
    SOTY: Lizzo
    ROTY: Lil Nas
    BNA: Billie

GTFO
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Beyonce a lock for Best Music Film now that Bruce and Aretha were snubbed?

Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Is Beyonce a lock for Best Music Film now that Bruce and Aretha were snubbed?

No. Morgan Neville, who won this category 5 years ago (over Beyoncé’s On the Run, I might add), is back in the running with Shangri-La. The David Crosby movie (directed by Cameron Crowe) and the Miles Davis movie are also competitors due to voters’ penchant for films about music legends in this category.

If Beyoncé lost with Lemonade, Homecoming is far from a lock.

GTFO
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>”Spirit” could beat “I’ll Never Love Again. Beyoncé made it into the Pop categories (popular vote) for  “Spirit” while Gaga didn’t with “Always Remember Us This Way” and “I’ll Never Love Again”.</p>

Gagamon
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>”Spirit” could beat “I’ll Never Love Again. Beyoncé made it into the Pop categories (popular vote) for “Spirit” while Gaga didn’t with “Always Remember Us This Way” and “I’ll Never Love Again”.</p>

different pannels… yet I’m predicting Beyoncé at pop solo since it’s literally the best performance among the whispers of eilish, the weak vocals of swift and the semi rapping performances of grande and lizzo

beyoncé was flawless and she should win there, and in music film too

I’m predicting gaga winning her soundtrack categories

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Gagamon.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  Gagamon.
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>”Spirit” could beat “I’ll Never Love Again. Beyoncé made it into the Pop categories (popular vote) for “Spirit” while Gaga didn’t with “Always Remember Us This Way” and “I’ll Never Love Again”.</p>

Yet “I’ll Never Love Again” got in Song for Visual Media, while “Sunflower” (which got in Pop Duo/Group) didn’t. We’ll see. I’m still leaning towards Gaga, though Beyoncé is definitely possible due to her overperformance with The Lion King material.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 472 total)

The topic ‘2020 Grammys: Winner predictions’ is closed to new replies.