Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys

2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 245 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
6 hours ago
replies
views
users
M
Os
DC95
  • Os
    Participant
    Topics:

I know it’s hella early but still.

As of right now, the only albums that have chance of getting in next year’s are Twenty-One Pilot’s “Trench” and the A Star Is Born soundtrack. There are also expected releases from Beyoncé, Rihanna, Adele, and Ariana Grande. Other releases include Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, Avril Lavigne, and (possibly) Kanye West. We also have the Lion King soundtrack coming out, which includes collaborations with Beyoncé and other high-profile artists.

Plus, we might see recent songs like Shallow, Head Above Water, and Taki Taki submitted for the 2020 awards.

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by  Os.
    • This topic was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by  Riley.
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see Taylor Swift in the race with her lead single. Also maybe her album. I could see her releasing her single in May then releasing her album in August or September.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

<p>I could see Taylor Swift in the race with her lead single. Also maybe her album. I could see her releasing her single in May then releasing her album in August or September.</p>

I think she’ll release a single in August/September and then the album in October or November like her last few releases.

ReplyCopy URL
    Greg
    Participant
    Topics:

I could see Taylor Swift in the race with her lead single. Also maybe her album. I could see her releasing her single in May then releasing her album in August or September.

Wait… she’ll release another album?

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

“Twenty One Pilots (Fueled By Ramen) 155-175k total activity, 120-130k album
    A Star Is Born (Interscope) 140-160k, 120-130k
    Lil Baby & Gunna (QC/Motown/Capitol) 115-125k, 5-7k
    Eric Church (EMI Nashville) 110-120k, 100-110k
    Sheck Wes (Cactus Jack/G.O.O.D/Interscope) 24-29k, 1-2k”

I think ASIB will still pull this off. No way they’ll have same amount of pure sales. Although Trench was best selling Friday, ASIB quickly took over after and continues to outsell Trench, even with individual songs. It’s going to be a really tight race, but ASIB will have more pure sales for sure, and may end up being N1.

ReplyCopy URL
    Harmon Van deth
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Adele be coming to steal Beyonces AOTY (again).</p>

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Adele be coming to steal Beyonces AOTY (again).</p>

I think Adele will release first single in October. She usually releases ahead of Christmas. No way she’ll release anything in the summer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Interstella 5555
    Participant
    Topics:

Some expected new releases for this Grammy cycle:

-Kendrick

-Taylor

-Rihanna

-Lion King OST

-Vampire Weekend

-Drake (he always releases an album)

-Kanye

-low key Adele (because probably she will  release by the end of 2019)

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

I think she’ll release a single in August/September and then the album in October or November like her last few releases.

Adele is planning on coming in that time. Their labels are probably making sure their releases don’t run into each other. I also think Taylor is releasing with Republic next time around (they have been posting voting posts of her etc.) She also has Cats in December and she’s gonna be working for pretty much a month before the movie promoting it. So she should get her album out of the way earlier in the year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Matthew Porter
    Participant
    Topics:

If ASIB has legs, expect an AOTY nom for the soundtrack.

ReplyCopy URL
    jjjmoss
    Participant
    Topics:

shan’t

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Blocked
    Topics:

Honey, A Star Is Born will be totally forgotten about by September 30, 2019.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, A Star Is Born will be totally forgotten about by September 30, 2019.

Same was said about Joanne lol. Joanne isn’t as good as ASIB and yet was nominated everywhere except GF (where all major white artists were excluded).

The Grammys will not forget about an album released by someone who earned 19 nominations this past decade, they may choose to not nominate if they don’t like it, but they won’t forget about it. Every single album that makes it to the TOP20 is discussed in the committee.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  M.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele is releasing in 2019 so there’s no point in discussing AOTY, ROTY, SOTY & the pop categories because we all know she’ll sweep.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Adele is releasing in 2019 so there’s no point in discussing AOTY, ROTY, SOTY & the pop categories because we all know she’ll sweep.

I really hope so but:

1. Adele won’t release before October.

2. She probably won’t submit her music to the Grammys anymore if Beyoncé is competing.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 245 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.