Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys

2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 1,011 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os
M
mcm
  • Os
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Ella was intentionally only nominated in the songwriting categories so that she can get a BNA nom next year.

As of right now Billie seems like the “frontrunner” but I don’t know. Her style isn’t that Grammy-like.

Maggie Rogers has her debut coming out in two weeks and I expect hee to get that nom and an Alternative Album nom. She’s been rocking Triple A radio.

I think Lizzo will achieve some sort of breakthrough this year. Juice is a bop. Ava Max just screams “Meghan Trainor” or “Dua Lipa” to me.

I have Pardison as filler, just because he writes for many hip hop artists like Bebe or Meghan Trainor.

Finally Dean Lewis and Jimmie Allen both have top 40 hits and will be good entries for pop and country respectively.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chris B.
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think that Ella will be nominated for best new artist. I think Grammys are very specific about any artist that doesn’t have any previous nominations will get into the best new artist category.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Chris B..
    ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

tell that to ed sheeran who had a soty nod before his bna nomination

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Ed Sheeran did NOT win SOTY, thus making him eligible (at that time) for BNA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

Seems that 2019 will be very packed but it’s easy to tell who’ll dominate each field

Main field: A Star Is Born or Taylor Swift

Pop Field: Taylor Swift

ASIB will be hard to beat but if anyone can it’s Taylor or Adele, which Adele is rumored to be releasing after the deadline. Taylor Swift should come back more likeable and in her comfort zone around next era. So a complete snub this year even being shut out for BPVA (which I still think is 50/50 between rep and Sweetener) could give her even better chances for having 1989 like luck for the 2020 ceremony. Ariana Grande could give Taylor a small run for her money but Sweetener (the peak of Ariana’s creativity and maturity) being somewhat snubbed tells me that this new less mature and creative era might be shut out entirely from the main categories again. There’s gonna be a lot of pop competition so Ari could have a harder time making the cut. ASIB has good chances but by the time another 12 months goes by, the movie’s soundtrack could be played out which could basically ruin it’s chances (reputation tease.) I see a slew of nominations but they may only win for a visual media category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the Grammy’s are over with Taylor Swift as far as wins. I expect her to become a perennial nominee like Kelly Clarkson or P!nk.

I also don’t think Ariana will be getting GF noms other than Record.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! The Grammys are NOT over Taylor Swift as far as wins. Hell, she’ll be winning her 11th Grammy next month. As long as Taylor keeps selling, she’ll keep winning BARF!

ReplyCopy URL
    John_White38
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! The Grammys are NOT over Taylor Swift as far as wins. Hell, she’ll be winning her 11th Grammy next month. As long as Taylor keeps selling, she’ll keep winning BARF!

How are you so sure when everybody everywhere is predicting Ariana

ReplyCopy URL
    6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m pretty confident ASIB won’t be nominated in any of the GF categories next year. Shallow was over-nominated and will likely pick up 3 wins. By the time voting roles around the album will have lost all of its hype as the movie is over a year old. And with the slew of artists who will probably release this Grammy period (Rihanna, Kendrick, Beyoncé, Taylor and maybe Adele) I just don’t see ASIB being able to squeeze its way in.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

this is gonna sound stupid but will bradley cooper be eligible for best new artist next year?

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

this is gonna sound stupid but will bradley cooper be eligible for best new artist next year?

No because he received 2 nominations in performance categories this year (ROTY & Pop Duo/Group).

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

No because he received 2 nominations in performance categories this year (ROTY & Pop Duo/Group).

oh shit I forgot about the pop duo nod, roty didn’t stop meghan trainor from getting nominated tho

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the Grammy’s are over with Taylor Swift as far as wins. I expect her to become a perennial nominee like Kelly Clarkson or P!nk. I also don’t think Ariana will be getting GF noms other than Record.

Nah. reputation was barely pushed for noms and was barely promoted yet still getting a nomination. Taylor will probably reach over 20 Grammys before she stops releasing. Let’s get real she is going nowhere. Especially with this new deal with republic.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

oh shit I forgot about the pop duo nod, roty didn’t stop meghan trainor from getting nominated tho

They change the rules all the time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

‘Thank U, Next’ has huge chances in AOTY!

No it really probably doesn’t. If Sweetener couldn’t do it, I can’t see this album doing it. Especially since Taylor plans on releasing next year which will almost hands down be the GF pop record.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 1,011 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.