Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys

2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 398 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os
M
DC95
  • BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

this is gonna sound stupid but will bradley cooper be eligible for best new artist next year?

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

this is gonna sound stupid but will bradley cooper be eligible for best new artist next year?

No because he received 2 nominations in performance categories this year (ROTY & Pop Duo/Group).

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

No because he received 2 nominations in performance categories this year (ROTY & Pop Duo/Group).

oh shit I forgot about the pop duo nod, roty didn’t stop meghan trainor from getting nominated tho

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the Grammy’s are over with Taylor Swift as far as wins. I expect her to become a perennial nominee like Kelly Clarkson or P!nk. I also don’t think Ariana will be getting GF noms other than Record.

Nah. reputation was barely pushed for noms and was barely promoted yet still getting a nomination. Taylor will probably reach over 20 Grammys before she stops releasing. Let’s get real she is going nowhere. Especially with this new deal with republic.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

oh shit I forgot about the pop duo nod, roty didn’t stop meghan trainor from getting nominated tho

They change the rules all the time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

‘Thank U, Next’ has huge chances in AOTY!

No it really probably doesn’t. If Sweetener couldn’t do it, I can’t see this album doing it. Especially since Taylor plans on releasing next year which will almost hands down be the GF pop record.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real! The Grammys are NOT over Taylor Swift as far as wins. Hell, she’ll be winning her 11th Grammy next month. As long as Taylor keeps selling, she’ll keep winning BARF!

I see Sweetener having the slight edge. But don’t worry Taylor will EASILY win for her new album next year which is likely to return to her 1989 era form of releasing good and consistent pop records.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Seems that 2019 will be very packed but it’s easy to tell who’ll dominate each field Main field: A Star Is Born or Taylor Swift Pop Field: Taylor Swift ASIB will be hard to beat but if anyone can it’s Taylor or Adele, which Adele is rumored to be releasing after the deadline. Taylor Swift should come back more likeable and in her comfort zone around next era. So a complete snub this year even being shut out for BPVA (which I still think is 50/50 between rep and Sweetener) could give her even better chances for having 1989 like luck for the 2020 ceremony. Ariana Grande could give Taylor a small run for her money but Sweetener (the peak of Ariana’s creativity and maturity) being somewhat snubbed tells me that this new less mature and creative era might be shut out entirely from the main categories again. There’s gonna be a lot of pop competition so Ari could have a harder time making the cut. ASIB has good chances but by the time another 12 months goes by, the movie’s soundtrack could be played out which could basically ruin it’s chances (reputation tease.) I see a slew of nominations but they may only win for a visual media category.

I hope Taylor sits this time out. She should focus on the Cats movie she’s in like Lady Gaga did, so the soundtrack can be fire.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

I read reports that Lady Gaga, Kendrick Lamar, Billie Eilish, and Carly Rae Jepsen are all releasing music in May. Although the post was taken down, what do you think this means? Will Gaga submit ASIB soundtrack or her album?

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Taylor sits this time out. She should focus on the Cats movie she’s in like Lady Gaga did, so the soundtrack can be fire.

mind you cats is an adaptation, she ain’t writing anything, at most one or two numbers if the producers wanna compete in best original song

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

mind you cats is an adaptation, she ain’t writing anything, at most one or two numbers if the producers wanna compete in best original song

I mean it’s Taylor Swift. They should nominate it but a Taylor album feels too early for this eligibility period. Mind you she barely released reputation a year ago. So I would wait until 2021 Grammys to comeback.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Vogue
    Participant
    Topics:

Normani isn’t eligible right?

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

If Camila wasn’t eligible then Normani most likely won’t be either.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Normani isn’t eligible right?

HDD said she wasn’t eligible for thr 2019 Grammy’s because she “had less than 6 tracks” as a solo artist, so maybe she will be. Anyways, I think she reached enough mainstream popularity in 2018 with Love Lies.

ReplyCopy URL
    Xtina
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, Billie Eilish does nothing for me. BARF!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 398 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.