Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys

2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,011 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os
M
mcm
  • abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Babyface Savage – Bhad Bhabie, 2020 winner of Rap Performance/Song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayfers
    Participant
    Topics:

This Land – Gary Clark Jr., i think this could pick up a few nominations next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Lewis Capaldi for BNA next year. His single Grace is at #33 on the UK and rising fast (+11 this week) and he’s kinda like James Bay in terms of style. The Brit’s nom for Critic Choice helps as well. Hopefully he crosses over.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Lewis Capaldi for BNA next year. His single Grace is at #33 on the UK and rising fast (+11 this week) and he’s kinda like James Bay in terms of style. The Brit’s nom for Critic Choice helps as well. Hopefully he crosses over.

Normally UK artists have to cross over to the US to really get a nomination.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Jorja Smith is almost unknown in the US and still got a nomination this year. She too won the Critics’ Choice at the BRITs last year, so it might help Lewis’ chance of getting a nom for BNA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

As long as Lewis pumps out an album and mantains his singles charting he’ll have a good chance of getting in. The nomination helps a lot (Dua Lipa, Duffy, Adele, James Bay, Sam Smith).

Anyways I think it’s just a matter of time before he crosses over. American radio stations seem to be pulling from wherever they can get their fix of folky-ish white men while Ed Sheeran is on a break (Be Alright, Shotgun, etc), and Someone You Loved and Grace are doing more than well on Spotify. And again, he’s music is very good!

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s not gonna wait to come back this fall since she will be promoting Cats most of the fall. She’s already been in the studio and Cats seems to be ramping up fast in the production area. So a new era starting in April/May would not be a surprise.

But isn’t it too early, even for Taylor. I mean I’m not sure many want her to wait to come out with her best stuff after the overwhelming reputation period.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

As long as Lewis pumps out an album and mantains his singles charting he’ll have a good chance of getting in. The nomination helps a lot (Dua Lipa, Duffy, Adele, James Bay, Sam Smith). Anyways I think it’s just a matter of time before he crosses over. American radio stations seem to be pulling from wherever they can get their fix of folky-ish white men while Ed Sheeran is on a break (Be Alright, Shotgun, etc), and Someone You Loved and Grace are doing more than well on Spotify. And again, he’s music is very good!

I really like his voice! But I think he’s too small for an artist as of now to call it, while others will be releasing music/albums for the 2020 Grammy season. Maybe it will be a Ella Mai/Cardi B situation, where they are nominated for their songs, but since they don’t have a discography they will be shut out of BNA.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

While I still think Capaldi would be a more typical nominee than the current winner Sam Felder, I do hope he gets in as well. Unfortunately his songs have not taken off and he has little-to-know buzz compared to Lewis. (Kinda like a Dua Lipa/Rag’N’Bone Man scenario).

Don’t know if it was entered this year, but this would be a deserving Rock Song nominee: “Dead Boys” by Sam Fender

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Let just see when he will drop an album.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    howbeautiful4
    Participant
    Topics:

Billie Eilish for Best New Artist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Jorja Smith is almost unknown in the US and still got a nomination this year. She too won the Critics’ Choice at the BRITs last year, so it might help Lewis’ chance of getting a nom for BNA.

Jorja Smith was known in R&B circles and she came out in Drake’s More Life Playlist and The Black Panther Soundtrack. She not like an Indie R&B artist at all.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

In terms of unreleased music that will come out: Rihanna seems like the potential biggest artist with an album that could impact. Adele is rumored to release by next Xmas so her first single might be the winner of ROTY and SOTY… or at least a contender. If Childish Gambino finally releases his album, he’ll be in. Mark Ronson maybe.

From what’s already out:

Best New Artist: King Princess has a lot of buzz in the industry. Ava Max is going up the charts fast with “Sweet But Psycho” …we’ll see if she can become more than a one-hit wonder.

Album of the Year: A Star is Born Soundtrack (unless forgotten by then) could get in… it’s selling $$$ albums (old-school style, not just streaming). Mariah’s Caution could get in as the legacy and R&B Choice. The 1975 has their strongest chance yet at breaking through to the Grammys with their most critically acclaimed album to date (and I believe it was the most critically acclaimed album of any artist last year).

Record of the Year: “Sunflower” by Post Malone is an early candidate. If he got in this year with “Rockstar” I wouldn’t doubt his chances with this one. I would say Halsey is a contender too but she hasn’t been nominated for anything solo yet. I don’t think “Thank U, Next” will age well by the time next Grammys comes around so I don’t expect that to be a contender. Maybe a new offering from Ariana?? If she keeps having bigger singles, the Grammys won’t be able to ignore her in the General Field much longer.

ReplyCopy URL
    Vicennn
    Participant
    Topics:

Grammy for “Thank u next” album cancelled.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana better win this year cuz these new songs are not it.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 1,011 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.