Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys

2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 398 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os
M
DC95
  • Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope Taylor sits this time out. She should focus on the Cats movie she’s in like Lady Gaga did, so the soundtrack can be fire.

Cats doesn’t come out until December which means that she won’t even be eligible. She has already started work on her next album and some say that it’s near completion and will have it’s lead single debut in April (due to odd hints in her calendar.)

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

mind you cats is an adaptation, she ain’t writing anything, at most one or two numbers if the producers wanna compete in best original song

She’s actually confirmed to a fan that she was writing material for the movie. They’ll probably be a hype up song that’ll be by just Taylor and Jennifer that is basically a pop hype up track that’ll either play in the credits or the beginning. She has said before that she refuses to work in a project if they don’t give her creative range.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jerry
    Participant
    Topics:

I mean it’s Taylor Swift. They should nominate it but a Taylor album feels too early for this eligibility period. Mind you she barely released reputation a year ago. So I would wait until 2021 Grammys to comeback.

She’s not gonna wait to come back this fall since she will be promoting Cats most of the fall. She’s already been in the studio and Cats seems to be ramping up fast in the production area. So a new era starting in April/May would not be a surprise.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s actually confirmed to a fan that she was writing material for the movie. They’ll probably be a hype up song that’ll be by just Taylor and Jennifer that is basically a pop hype up track that’ll either play in the credits or the beginning. She has said before that she refuses to work in a project if they don’t give her creative range.

didn’t reddit clock that as fake? I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if she does write a new song cuz it’s the same team that did les mis

ReplyCopy URL
    OneAndOnly
    Participant
    Topics:

Dancing With a Stranger is a bop, so.. Pop Duo/Group contender

I will always love you

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Hopefully Sam’s new bop can get into Pop Duo next year

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Babyface Savage – Bhad Bhabie, 2020 winner of Rap Performance/Song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayfers
    Participant
    Topics:

This Land – Gary Clark Jr., i think this could pick up a few nominations next year.

ReplyCopy URL
    JaredM
    Participant
    Topics:

Dancing With a Stranger is a bop, so.. Pop Duo/Group contender

it legit just came out jeez😂you’re acting like a Gaga Stan😂

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Lewis Capaldi for BNA next year. His single Grace is at #33 on the UK and rising fast (+11 this week) and he’s kinda like James Bay in terms of style. The Brit’s nom for Critic Choice helps as well. Hopefully he crosses over.

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

Lewis Capaldi for BNA next year. His single Grace is at #33 on the UK and rising fast (+11 this week) and he’s kinda like James Bay in terms of style. The Brit’s nom for Critic Choice helps as well. Hopefully he crosses over.

Normally UK artists have to cross over to the US to really get a nomination.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Jorja Smith is almost unknown in the US and still got a nomination this year. She too won the Critics’ Choice at the BRITs last year, so it might help Lewis’ chance of getting a nom for BNA.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

As long as Lewis pumps out an album and mantains his singles charting he’ll have a good chance of getting in. The nomination helps a lot (Dua Lipa, Duffy, Adele, James Bay, Sam Smith).

Anyways I think it’s just a matter of time before he crosses over. American radio stations seem to be pulling from wherever they can get their fix of folky-ish white men while Ed Sheeran is on a break (Be Alright, Shotgun, etc), and Someone You Loved and Grace are doing more than well on Spotify. And again, he’s music is very good!

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

She’s not gonna wait to come back this fall since she will be promoting Cats most of the fall. She’s already been in the studio and Cats seems to be ramping up fast in the production area. So a new era starting in April/May would not be a surprise.

But isn’t it too early, even for Taylor. I mean I’m not sure many want her to wait to come out with her best stuff after the overwhelming reputation period.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
    Mcm
    Participant
    Topics:

As long as Lewis pumps out an album and mantains his singles charting he’ll have a good chance of getting in. The nomination helps a lot (Dua Lipa, Duffy, Adele, James Bay, Sam Smith). Anyways I think it’s just a matter of time before he crosses over. American radio stations seem to be pulling from wherever they can get their fix of folky-ish white men while Ed Sheeran is on a break (Be Alright, Shotgun, etc), and Someone You Loved and Grace are doing more than well on Spotify. And again, he’s music is very good!

I really like his voice! But I think he’s too small for an artist as of now to call it, while others will be releasing music/albums for the 2020 Grammy season. Maybe it will be a Ella Mai/Cardi B situation, where they are nominated for their songs, but since they don’t have a discography they will be shut out of BNA.

Barnacles Bro

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 398 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.