Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys

2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,011 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os
M
mcm
  • Liamsta
    Participant
    Topics:

I just want Pink to win pop vocal album one of these years. I’m biased but that woman is hell overdue and is now the the artist with the most noms without a win in that category. Hopefully Hurts 2B Human comes through!

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if they’ll snub Kendrick from an AOTY nomination next time to avoid him losing for a 5th time.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Guys,

1. Gaga won’t win AoTY with ASIB, ain’t happening.

2. Kendrick will probably never win AoTY either after yesterday’s snub. He won’t be attending.

The Grammy’s will probably be a shit show moving forward, who is left to attend? TIA winning won’t solve the hip-hop problem as it’s perceived as a win for a political message, not really hip-hop content.

ReplyCopy URL
    LeQuan
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait. So, thoughts on the probability of 7 Rings getting a ROTY nod?

ReplyCopy URL
    ArianaGrandeGrammys2018
    Participant
    Topics:

Guys, 1. Gaga won’t win AoTY with ASIB, ain’t happening. 2. Kendrick will probably never win AoTY either after yesterday’s snub. He won’t be attending. The Grammy’s will probably be a shit show moving forward, who is left to attend? TIA winning won’t solve the hip-hop problem as it’s perceived as a win for a political message, not really hip-hop content.

I agree but Grammys have definitely changed in the last couple of years- if we would be like some years ago Shallow would be sweeping GF but I guess they got tired from big more traditional ballads (Need You Now, Stay With Me, Hello, Thinking Out Loud,…) and also the voting members are a little different every year so yeah…I also think that if the panel wouldn’t chose Brandi Carlile, Gaga would have a lot more votes and would win Soty and Roty since their songs are really similar and attract the same amount of voters, so yeah- Gaga was screwed – that was the best option to award her in the GF (right now she is dominating film and music scene)

ReplyCopy URL
    voguekid
    Participant
    Topics:

Even as an Ariana stan, 7 rings being nominated for ANYTHING is laughable. Depending on how the year pans out, Thank U, Next (both album and track) MAY be nominated for AOTY and/or SOTY/ROTY. Given its success, she’s an undeniable lock for Pop Solo and Pop Vocal nominations. I think it would also be interesting for her to submit Needy for R&B categories, perhaps dipping her toe into a genre she could later fully submerge in.

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

Next year

AOTY : A Star Is Born
    Best Soundtrack : A Star Is Born
    Best Pop Solo Performance : Always Remember Us This Way
    Best Song Written For a Film :ARUTW
    Best Country Duo/Group Performance : Diggin My Grave

ReplyCopy URL
    Korbel Clinton
    Participant
    Topics:

IF Ariana submits right and submits the thank u next track for ROY/SOY she will be nominated for it. If she submits 7 rings idk.. maybe? But thank u next is the most superior so.

ReplyCopy URL
    Korbel Clinton
    Participant
    Topics:

AOY

ROY

SOY

POP VOCAL

POP SOLO

those seem achievable for her in 2020

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope ASIB submits:

“I’ll Never Love Again” – ROTY/Pop SOlo
    “Maybe It’s Time” – Rock Performance/Rock Song/Song of the Year
    “Diggin My Grave” – Pop Duo/Group
    “Always Remember Us this Way” – SOTY/Song Written for Visual Media

Best Soundtrack – A Star Is Born
    AOTY – A Star Is Born

ReplyCopy URL
    Deemy
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana pissed off the Grammy producers. Honestly I can see her being snubbed across the board. It’s not like we wont have big superstar releases from taylor, Adele, Rihanna, Beyonce, Gaga etc.. that can easily be nominated over her. SHe’ll get in Pop Album due to it being a popular vote but I’m not banking on General Field nods.

ReplyCopy URL
    voguekid
    Participant
    Topics:

Next year AOTY : A Star Is Born Best Soundtrack : A Star Is Born Best Pop Solo Performance : Always Remember Us This Way Best Song Written For a Film :ARUTW Best Country Duo/Group Performance : Diggin My Grave

If ASIB gets more than Best Soundtrack I would be shocked.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

If ASIB gets more than Best Soundtrack I would be shocked.

Pop Voters love her now. I mean she won with Joanne? I can see her getting nominated and even winning in Pop Categories.

I’m just not sure about GF nomination/win. The committee is unpredictable, and I think they now have a say in the GF wins too. Yesterday’s TIA win was just too odd for the Grammy’s record. Unfortunately we’ll never know, since when they created the secret review committees they kept it secret for 10 years+…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  M.
    ReplyCopy URL
    voguekid
    Participant
    Topics:

Pop Voters love her now. I mean she won with Joanne? I can see her getting nominated and even winning in Pop Categories. I’m just not sure about GF nomination/win. The committee is unpredictable, and I think they now have a say in the GF wins too. Yesterday’s TIA win was just too odd for the Grammy’s record. Unfortunately we’ll never know, since when they created the secret review committees they kept it secret for 10 years+…

If you’re right AND pop is as weak this year as it was last year, I can see maybe a pop nod. But the country, rock, and GF nominations would be absurd.

ReplyCopy URL
    O´Hara
    Participant
    Topics:

I hope ASIB submits:

“I’ll Never Love Again” – ROTY/Pop SOlo
    “Maybe It’s Time” – Rock Performance/Rock Song/Song of the Year
    “Diggin My Grave” – Pop Duo/Group
    “Always Remember Us this Way” – SOTY/Song Written for Visual Media

Best Soundtrack – A Star Is Born
    AOTY – A Star Is Born

Diggin My Grave is pure country though.Pop Duo/Group would be more fitting for Music To My Eyes.
    Probably they wont submit any of these thoug but well…

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 1,011 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.