Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys

2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 890 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
3 hours ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os
M
mcm
  • 6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

Ariana pissed off the Grammy producers. Honestly I can see her being snubbed across the board. It’s not like we wont have big superstar releases from taylor, Adele, Rihanna, Beyonce, Gaga etc.. that can easily be nominated over her. SHe’ll get in Pop Album due to it being a popular vote but I’m not banking on General Field nods.

I think the opposite is true. The antics she pulled this year about the Grammys will make voters feel like they owe her.

ReplyCopy URL
    voguekid
    Participant
    Topics:

I think the opposite is true. The antics she pulled this year about the Grammys will make voters feel like they owe her.

The Grammys rarely feel like they owe anybody anything unless they’re old. In predicting Ariana for GF next year, I forgot the fiasco she was involved in this weekend. It will likely negatively impact her considering that she embarrassed them a lot. To diss them, and then the producers having nothing left to say aside from “we were surprised,” and then to WIN as well really just left the Academy with an L for that situation. They won’t like that.

ReplyCopy URL
    Licorice
    Participant
    Topics:

Donald Glover x Beyoncé is coming to win everything bitches!!! This is the year of the lion king

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Donald Glover x Beyoncé is coming to win everything bitches!!! This is the year of the lion king

Apparently they’re singing Elton John’s songs or something, so not even new music…

http://www.pretty52.com/entertaining/tv-and-film-beyonce-will-sing-can-you-feel-the-love-tonight-on-the-lion-king-20190125

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if they’ll snub Kendrick from an AOTY nomination next time to avoid him losing for a 5th time.

If his album is a critical and commercial success, they won’t deny him the nomination, especially with an 8-nominee lineup. They don’t want that level of backlash.

ReplyCopy URL
    6XNCH
    Participant
    Topics:

Apparently they’re singing Elton John’s songs or something, so not even new music…

http://www.pretty52.com/entertaining/tv-and-film-beyonce-will-sing-can-you-feel-the-love-tonight-on-the-lion-king-20190125

They are only using 4 songs from the original. There will be new music.
    https://www.thefader.com/2018/02/15/elton-john-beyonce-song-lion-king-remake/amp

ReplyCopy URL
    TVFan365
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if there’s any bad blood between the Grammys and Childish Gambino now since he didn’t show up. If there isn’t any bad blood, then he’s a strong contender for the AOTY, ROTY, and SOTY next year. “Human Sacrifice” sounds like a ROTY frontrunner already.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Look for “Tints” by Anderson .Paak & Kendrick Lamar in either Best Rap/Sung Performance or R&B Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

I wonder if there’s any bad blood between the Grammys and Childish Gambino now since he didn’t show up. If there isn’t any bad blood, then he’s a strong contender for the AOTY, ROTY, and SOTY next year. “Human Sacrifice” sounds like a ROTY frontrunner already.

He will probably be Ed Sheeran’ed.

He should’ve attended. I can see why Kendrick did not attend. He lost 3 times and was going to lose again.

But Gambino? Did he really expect to win last year or something?

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

thank u next’s reviews are reading similar to dirty computer, overwhelming support all around while pitchfork gives a middling mark despite overrating their previous work

the song ranked 4th in pazz & jop, an annual poll organized by critics, it’s getting at least one gf nod whether you like it or not

ReplyCopy URL
    MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

thank u next’s reviews are reading similar to dirty computer, overwhelming support all around while pitchfork gives a middling mark despite overrating their previous work

the song ranked 4th in pazz & jop, an annual poll organized by critics, it’s getting at least one gf nod whether you like it or not

7 Rings shouldn’t be nominated in ROTY and SOTY. Ariana Grande might be snubbed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

7 Rings shouldn’t be nominated in ROTY and SOTY. Ariana Grande might be snubbed.

She’s more than likely submitting Thank U, Next. Is the bigger, and objectively better, song. If she splits then Thank U, Next to SOTY and 7 Rings to ROTY.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

sweetie I wasn’t talking bout 7 rings

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

She could pull a Single Ladies/Halo situation with Thank U Next/Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored for SOTY and ROTY but that would be dumb of her.

ReplyCopy URL
    JaredM1
    Participant
    Topics:

She could pull a Single Ladies/Halo situation with Thank U Next/Break Up With Your Girlfriend, I’m Bored for SOTY and ROTY but that would be dumb of her.

Seeing as that it didn’t work out for No Tears and GIAW she probably won’t do that again!

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 890 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.