Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys

2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 985 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Boz
M
mcm
  • M
    Participant
    Topics:

This year showed that he has a lot of respect in the Recording Academy. He probably would’ve won AOTY if he released one.

It depends on whether the album was as politically-viral as This Is America or not.

Gambino’s album was nominated last year and it lost. This Is America didn’t win because it’s a Gambino song. It won because of its political message.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

I truly don’t get all the acclaim Gambino gets. His material after (and including) Awaken My Love is extremely overrated.

Also I still don’t see Halsey as a serious contender anywhere but in Pop Solo. No shade to her but she’s as generic as it gets, and Without Me is below her Badlands material. There’s a good chance she ends up at #1 on the YE though, so maybe I’ll be wrong.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

If Ariana is smart she’d release Fake Smile as a single.

I don’t like her music, but that song is good, and could be a grammy-appealing contender.

ReplyCopy URL
    Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

If Ariana is smart she’d release Fake Smile as a single. I don’t like her music, but that song is good, and could be a grammy-appealing contender.

That’s my favorite from the album, and I agree with the sentiment that it fits the Grammys’ sound. But I don’t know if it’d do well as a single. Bloodline, NASA, and bad idea are probably in line before it; and bloodline would probably do very well as a summer single.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

If Ariana is smart she’d release Fake Smile as a single. I don’t like her music, but that song is good, and could be a grammy-appealing contender.

You really have no taste do you… fake smile is one of the worst in the album

ReplyCopy URL
    D
    Participant
    Topics:

Early contenders for Visual Media Comp:

The Favourite
    Green Book
    The Hate U Give
    The Lego Movie 2
    Mary Poppins Returns
    Roma
    Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
    A Star Is Born
    (obvious frontrunner)

Bohemian Rhapsody is not eligible (thank God) due to a recent rule change that soundtracks for music documentaries and biopics must contain primarily new recordings.

Anything else I’m forgetting? I’m assuming The Greatest Showman: Reimagined is eligible in Pop Vocal Album, not here.

ReplyCopy URL
    queenb
    Participant
    Topics:

Don’t forget the Lion King

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

The Favourite
    Green Book
    The Hate U Give
    The Lego Movie 2
    Mary Poppins Returns
    Roma
    A Star Is Born
    (obvious frontrunner)

Anything else I’m forgetting? I’m assuming The Greatest Showman: Reimagined is eligible in Pop Vocal Album, not here.

The Lion King & Frozen 2.

ReplyCopy URL
    D
    Participant
    Topics:

The Lion King & Frozen 2.

I didn’t count anything that hasn’t been released. And Frozen 2 will be out after deadline.

ReplyCopy URL
    24fanatic
    Participant
    Topics:

They do like Kehlani despite her not having a massive breakthrough. She was nominated for a mixtape and a song that barely charted. I feel this is totally up there with her best work, though she really hasn’t had a misstep yet. She definitely could land somewhere either in the R&B song/performance categories and/or urban contemporary album. They also love 6LACK and he has a feature on probably the best track on the album.

Unless we get a massive surge of R&B contenders, I would say that Kehlani is guaranteed at least ONE Grammy nomination for this project. While We Wait is a strong effort from her and like you said, we already know the Grammys like her if they’ve given her a nomination for a mixtape previously. Don’t know about wins, but in terms of nominations, she’s looking good for:

Urban Contemporary Album: While We Wait
    R&B Performance: “Feels” or “Nights Like This” featuring Ty Dolla $ign
    R&B Song: “Nights Like This”

Other R&B contenders that have been released:

R&B Performance:
    India.Arie – “Black Magic”
    H.E.R. – “Hard Place”
    Khalid – “Better (Live)” (Studio version was submitted this past year)
    Ella Mai – “Shot Clock”
    John Legend – “Preach”
    Chris Brown – “Undecided”

R&B Album:
    India.Arie – Worthy
    H.E.R. – I Used To Know Her: Part 2
    Mariah Carey – Caution

Urban Contemporary Album:
    Ella Mai – Ella Mai
    Khalid – Suncity
    Eric Bellinger – The Rebirth 2

Traditional R&B Performance:
    India.Arie – “Steady Love” or really anything off her album
    Summer Walker – “Wasted”
    Mariah Carey – “With You”

ReplyCopy URL
    Boz
    Participant
    Topics:

Ella Mai should be placed in R&B, not Urban Contemporary.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s the status on Lion King?

I hope it turns out into something like ASIB (at least for Best Original Song), in the sense that Beyoncé gets her first Golden Globe and her first Oscar, as well as Grammy’s (preferably for her actual album).

It better not be remake of Elton John songs.

ReplyCopy URL
    MiguelTwentyFive
    Participant
    Topics:

Taylor Swift’s lead single from her seventh album is expected to be released this March 1 or 2.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

What’s the status on Lion King? I hope it turns out into something like ASIB (at least for Best Original Song), in the sense that Beyoncé gets her first Golden Globe and her first Oscar, as well as Grammy’s (preferably for her actual album). It better not be remake of Elton John songs.

The only reason that these live action disney movies are stayi the same is because it was in Walt Disney’s will to have them made! For that reason I don’t think they are making any new songs in respect for his wishes! They also didn’t do that for Beauty and the Beast Or Cinderella etc… but that’s probably because they didn’t have music powerhouses for their cast so it never know but I just don’t see them making new music, especially since Beyoncé might be releasing a solo album this year!

ReplyCopy URL
    Brayden Fitzsimmons
    Participant
    Topics:

The Favourite
    Green Book
    The Hate U Give
    The Lego Movie 2
    Mary Poppins Returns
    Roma
    A Star Is Born
    (obvious frontrunner)

Bohemian Rhapsody is not eligible (thank God) due to a recent rule change that soundtracks for music documentaries and biopics must contain primarily new recordings.

Dumplin’, all of the older songs are remade as duets so I’m assuming it would be entered here and not country album.

Girl in the Movies seems like an easy nomination for Song VM and the country categories as well.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 985 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.