Home Forums Music 2020 Grammys

2020 Grammys

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,011 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +4 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os
M
mcm
  • abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

‘While We Wait’ by Kehlani; 2020 Best Urban Contemporary Album winner.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

‘While We Wait’ by Kehlani

Doubt it. A bigger artist will be the winner, like always.

ReplyCopy URL
    Interstella 5555
    Participant
    Topics:

So far Anderson .Paak is the frontrunner for Best Urban Contemporany album. But Rihanna, Solange and Childish Gambino are dropping new  projects, so that will change.

ReplyCopy URL
    ScottyDog
    Participant
    Topics:

They do like Kehlani despite her not having a massive breakthrough. She was nominated for a mixtape and a song that barely charted. I feel this is totally up there with her best work, though she really hasn’t had a misstep yet. She definitely could land somewhere either in the R&B song/performance categories and/or urban contemporary album. They also love 6LACK and he has a feature on probably the best track on the album.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

not that this would affect the race in any shape or form but norah jones released three songs from her upcoming album slated for april 12th

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

not that this would affect the race in any shape or form but norah jones released three songs from her upcoming album slated for april 12th

What genre?

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsBait3818
    Participant
    Topics:

What genre?

I believe she generally submits to Pop, but I highly doubt she’ll be a threat for any nominations as she’s nowhere near as popular as she used to be.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Just a random question, I just noticed Formation wasn’t entered in any genre category in 2017? Why is that?

Was it shut out in its genre category or deemed ineligible?

ReplyCopy URL
    DC95
    Participant
    Topics:

Just a random question, I just noticed Formation wasn’t entered in any genre category in 2017? Why is that?

Was it shut out in its genre category or deemed ineligible?

“Formation” was entered in both R&B Performance and Song; the panel chose not to nominate it.

ReplyCopy URL
    John_White38
    Participant
    Topics:

“Formation” was entered in both R&B Performance and Song; the panel chose not to nominate it.

If the panel wouldn’t block Formation I think it would easily because of it being a SOTY and ROTY nominations and political message

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Participant
    Topics:

Get real!  Kehlani is NOT winning Best Urban Contemporary Album.

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Well that’s ridiculous. I don’t know how the committee had the audacity to snub Formation. Talk about committee fuck-ups. I’m pretty sure it would’ve won the popular vote had it not had a committee.

The genre of the song is sort of a grey area. Maybe they thought it should’ve been in rap sung. But still, it has enough R&B elements in it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

Yeah, I was thinking it should’ve been put in Rap Sung instead. It fits that better in my mind, I don’t think R&B is the best classification. It would’ve likely beat “Hotline Bling,” too. Perhaps they could’ve just moved it? (but then the question is what they would do with “Freedom”)

I agree that it was a mess up to keep it out anywhere. I wouldn’t have been mad if it won R&B Song and Performance, but I wouldn’t want to deprive “Cranes in the Sky” of its very deserved win.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  Skies.
    • This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by  Skies.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Skies
    Participant
    Topics:

Speaking of, I think “A Seat at the Table” should’ve been submitted to R&B Album. Given how she beat the popular choice in performance it’s clear she had genre support, and the winner ended up being a live album.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

Speaking of, I think “A Seat at the Table” should’ve been submitted to R&B Album. Given how she beat the popular choice in performance it’s clear she had genre support, and the winner ended up being a live album.

It was a foolish move. Solange could have easily received another nomination if placed in R&B. That is a straight up Neo-Soul/Soul album, and R&B Album would have been the better placement and an easy way to avoid her sister.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 886 through 900 (of 1,011 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.