Home Forums Music 2020 Pop Duo/Group Performance — Winner Predictions

2020 Pop Duo/Group Performance — Winner Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
Created
11 months ago
Last Reply
9 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
M
More Than a W..
Ghost
2020 Pop Duo/Group Performance — Winner Predictions
Ariana Grande & Social House — Boyfriend
0 votes (0.00%)
Jonas Brothers — Sucker
18 votes (20.22%)
Lil Nas X Featuring Billy Ray Cyrus — Old Town Road
71 votes (79.78%)
Post Malone & Swae Lee — Sunflower
0 votes (0.00%)
Shawn Mendes & Camila Cabello — Señorita
0 votes (0.00%)
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Darren
    Topics:

“Sucker.” Rap-adjacent music has traditionally not done well in this category, and “Old Town Road” and “Sunflower” might steal votes from one another. I have “Old Town Road” right behind it as a very close second.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Sunflower vs OTR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Coolcat
    Topics:

Old town road will win. If the academy wants to reward it this is the category.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pop Fan
    Topics:

“Sucker.” Rap-adjacent music has traditionally not done well in this category, and “Old Town Road” and “Sunflower” might steal votes from one another. I have “Old Town Road” right behind it as a very close second.

You still hating on Lil Nas X? Jonas Brothers got 1 nomination, Lil Nas X got 6 including Aoty and surprise rap nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Ghost
    Topics:

I think people underestimate how well-liked OTR is, despite being very meme-y and Kidz Bop-y. It could have easily lost that CMA, but it won. “Despacito” is a Spanish-speaking song, so it definitely had its hurdle.

This category is 100% lightweight, not just the Lil Nas X song.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pop Fan
    Topics:

Lil Nas X is clearly winning, unless the Ariana sweep happens or they want to give Post Malone a win. I was sure of a Sucker win (despite y’all calling me insane) ever since June, but I think they don’t have enough hype. Happiness Begins losing out a nom is already bad enough. Feel It Still is one of the biggest radio songs of all time and was aided by rock voters. Besides, it was contending against a Spanish pop song featuring Justin Bieber; so, the comparison is flawed. 1. Old Town Road 2. Sunflower/Boyfriend 4. Sucker 5. Señorita

Sunflower and Boyfriend are 100% not winning! After, Joanne winning was special and really rare, Boyfriend is 100% a filler!

1.OTR

2.Sucker

3.Señorita/Sunflower

4. Boyfriend

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I think Jonas Brothers will take the win. This category almost always goes to the most conservative, more adult contemporary friendly nominee. This year, that would be the Jonas Brothers. They are the mom and dad friendly choice for voters.

“Old Town Road” and “Sunflower” are arguably hip-hop songs or at least have elements of it and are performed by rappers… none of which have ever won in this category before. The CLOSEST comparison (a stretch) to a contemporary rapper winning in the category would be twenty one pilots “Stressed Out” winning… but they are known as pop/rock artists.

“Senorita” is by 2 still fresh faced young artists that still have some proving to do to the Grammys that they will be lasting artists.

“Boyfriend” was a name-check nomination for Ariana… the nomination was the award itself.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    emba
    Topics:

I tried to vote for Sunflower and it didn’t work, so I tried to vote for Senorita and it also didn’t work – there’s an issue with the poll. It only accepts Sucker and OTR

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Rinolo Twenty-two
    Topics:

OTR will get the same treatment Fancy and Despacito have received in previous years. This will go to the Jonas Brothers or Post Malone, if voters realised Sucker sound a lot like previous winner Feel It Still.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Korbel Clinton
    Topics:

It’s fun to know whoever wins this award will be a first-time Grammy winner

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    MovieManiac405
    Topics:

Before the nominations came out, I would have said “Sunflower”, which is the best song here. But seeing all the Nas X love, I don’t see them sending him home empty-handed. This is the logical choice to award him. Sucker and Sunflower do have a shot, but “Old Town Road” seems to be the Grammy favorite here.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    airstar54
    Topics:

After Shawn and Camila lost both of their awards last year this is their chance to award them both

• This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by airstar54.
    • This reply was modified 11 months, 1 week ago by airstar54.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

I think people underestimate how well-liked OTR is, despite being very meme-y and Kidz Bop-y. It could have easily lost that CMA, but it won. “Despacito” is a Spanish-speaking song, so it definitely had its hurdle. This category is 100% lightweight, not just the Lil Nas X song.

Yeah, I genuinely find OTR the best and most creative song in this line-up tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.