Home Forums Music 2020 Pop Solo Performance — Winner Predictions

2020 Pop Solo Performance — Winner Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
PoweR
kenboi99
Bee
2020 Pop Solo Performance — Winner Predictions
Beyoncé — Spirit
Billie Eilish — Bad Guy
Ariana Grande — 7 rings
Truth Hurts — Lizzo
You Need To Calm Down — Taylor Swift
  • Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

The difference with Joanne is that the other nominees were so unorthodox in which the only #1 hit in the category was a live version of a teen-boppy song. Joanne was the only ballad and Gaga was in the GF as well as having a good year.

Possible that Spirit is that dark horse but I don’t think she is above Billie and Lizzo for this. They had #1 hits and are both frontrunners for the GF categories anyways.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think Gaga took Pop Solo because of the ASIB wave late last year. Not to mention, that category was all over the place.

On paper, “Spirit” makes sense if you consider it’s a ballad that requires powerhouse vocals, but the level of competition here is different than Gaga’s last year.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé is competing against two ROTY frontrunners and a third nominee. She’s not winning.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think Gaga took Pop Solo because of the ASIB wave lat last year. Not to mention, that category was all over the place.

On paper, “Spirit” makes sense if you consider it’s a ballad that requires powerhouse vocals, but the level of competition here is different than Gaga’s last year.

Agreed. I do think Spirit is third here (7 rings is too much of a mixed bag and YNTCD is too lightweight) since Beyoncé unexpectedly also got that Pop Album nom but a distant third. She’ll probably win for Visual Media anyways.

ReplyCopy URL
    kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

I won’t predict Spirit but it’s higher chance than given credit for. Lizzo and Billie are newbies, Taylor song is light and she misses here as much as she is named, while Ariana finally won her first Grammy during a peak. Beyonce is the legend/veteran here with the strong performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

I still think Gaga took Pop Solo because of the ASIB wave late last year. Not to mention, that category was all over the place. On paper, “Spirit” makes sense if you consider it’s a ballad that requires powerhouse vocals, but the level of competition here is different than Gaga’s last year.

ASIB was big but it wasn’t Bodyguard. Plus Ariana was having a peak too. Everyone was talking about her. That should have helped her as much since she also had hit songs. Maybe Grammy prefers ballads and veteran name sometimes?

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

ASIB was big but it wasn’t Bodyguard. Plus Ariana was having a peak too. Everyone was talking about her. That should have helped her as much since she also had hit songs. Maybe Grammy prefers ballads and veteran name sometimes?

During voting period, Gaga was everywhere and had major Oscar buzz.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

“Joanne” also had a huge feature in her Netflix documentary.

ReplyCopy URL
    Djoko
    Participant
    Topics:

Stop the insanity. Billie is winning. It’s not even a question.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

Didn’t Gaga perform Joanne at the 2018 ceremony?

*she did, how convenient.

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

If Beyoncé drops a surprise album within the next 4 weeks she’ll win this and pop vocal. Otherwise I don’t think so.

I think she’ll release her next album in like May-June 2020

ReplyCopy URL
    JustGuy89
    Participant
    Topics:

That Beyonce song is atrocious. YNTCD >>>>>>. But this Grammy will go to Billie.

ReplyCopy URL
    kenboi99
    Participant
    Topics:

That Beyonce song is atrocious. YNTCD >>>>>>. But this Grammy will go to Billie.

lol

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

I know this isn’t technically a vocal award, Lizzo’s delivery of the numerous punchlines should be enough to pull off a win. So much swag, personality, the reason why it’s a hit. It would be unfair for her wins to be only in the R&B categories. Especially since she did cross over to pop.

ReplyCopy URL
    NASA
    Participant
    Topics:

Ugh, I am the only one who thinks Lizzo isn’t happening here?

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.